What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Antun Maricevics

He picked a bad school to attend if he wants to get any attention from recruiters. Longmont Christian has an enrollment of around 100.

According to article on this kid in 1/14/16 Boulder Camera he is getting interest from multiple D1 schools, including University of South Florida and University of Denver. So he isn't exactly invisible there.

The story in the Longmont paper is that his family wanted him to be in a Christian school. For sure there are lots of high profile Catholic schools that he could have attended in the US. But that requires awareness on the part of his family and connections in the US. Perhaps he is truly a gift that fell of of the sky. It will be interesting to see if he pans out. I sent the Longmont paper article to Tad on Monday ... but I am pretty sure that he is ahead of me in regard to being aware.

Boulder article said that the kid picked Colorado and then Longmont since the area most reminded him of home.

Kid's got a pretty good build on him. Have to imagine he'd be a lot further along than Guzonjic is after 2 years in college.

Very interesting, very nice find! Would like to see more on this guy. Appears to be big, agile, coordinated and fluid. Wonder if Tad has seen him already.

Very interesting, very nice find! Would like to see more on this guy. Appears to be big, agile, coordinated and fluid. Wonder if Tad has seen him already.

CU has seen him but needs to see him against real competition

That was my biggest question. Most 6'9" kids would all state in 1A.
Remember, this is Marecevics first (and only) year playing BB here in Colorado. Article says he was unknown before the start of the season. I assume he would have to play for a season in order to be named all-state. So I expect to see him as all-state after this season is over.

Remember, this is Marecevics first (and only) year playing BB here in Colorado. Article says he was unknown before the start of the season. I assume he would have to play for a season in order to be named all-state. So I expect to see him as all-state after this season is over.
I should have worded that differently. I didn't mean to imply that he had been named to an all state list.

Would be great if he was open to the Tory Miller/Deleon Brown route of going through NH prep first.

If XJ opts to not come back, I say we offer this kid even if we get Froling.

No.

You cant offer this kid when all you've seen is him playing against the equivalent of me in high-school at the level I played at. You need to at worst get him on campus for an unofficial and have him accidentally walk into to about 15 pick-up games with the men's team.

Back