1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any AllBuffers representing at Pauley tonight?

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by Buffnik, Feb 13, 2014.

1. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

We need this win in a bad way. Hoping to hear some "Fight! Fight! Fight!" over the broadcast.

2. cubuffs85

cubuffs85 Active Member

This is pretty cool, CBS Sports called this the 2nd best game of the night.

3. Goose

Goose Hoops Moderator Club Member Junta Member

If there are 7 CU fans there, they'll have UCLA fans outnumbered.

And remember, if you're worried for your safety around UCLA fans, just make a comment about how "John Wooden wouldn't have done...." and then say ANYTHING about Steve Alford and they'll accept you.

4. cubuffs85

cubuffs85 Active Member

Try to get to talk to Bill Walton about his feelings on Ben Howland.

5. hokiehead

hokiehead Gobbler on the Mountain Club Member

I've been waiting for the official game thread to ask that question. I just learned today that CU has only played at UCLA once and not since joining the Pac. Seeing a game at Pauley Pavilion is near the top of my bucket list for sports (now that the CEC is checked off) and I'm interested in hearing about the UCLA venue and atmosphere. Comments on this board imply that UCLA isn't the draw they used to be, and a look at listed "attendance" for their recent home games backs that up -- they don't appear to have sold out a game this year (in a venue that holds only ~2000 more than Coors), including #1 Arizona or cross-town USC -- unimpressive for a program with that history, coming off a regular season conference championship, in a tournament-bound year, with a new big name coach. I guess it's easier to pack the house when you win 10 titles in 12 years.

So, has anybody here ever been to PP? thoughts? impressions?

6. Shldr2Shldr

Shldr2Shldr Club Member Club Member

Every time I have seen them on TV, it has been absolutely embarrassing. Beautiful newly remolded arena, and half the seats are empty for a team #2 in the PAC.

7. Eggon

Eggon Club Member Club Member

It is still a solid bucket list item given the history at Pauley, but it is not exactly a snakepit in there. Good friend has great seats and I have been a couple of times. If CU can catch UCLA looking for the same team they played in Boulder last meeting, it could get interesting. Bruins very talented, but this game has intrigue given what we all know. So curious to see if the peeps can hold that attitude they displayed against the Huskies.

If Wes can go, I am hoping we platoon him with Hop. Seems like he might play more loose. Loved the attitude Thomas brought last game to kick things off.... We are a tough matchup ourselves if we resemble the Wash game.

Good stuff.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2014
  8. cubuffs85

cubuffs85 Active Member

It should be noted they played off-campus in 2011-12 while Pauley was being renovated.

One thing that I think that hurts them is they are playing in LA, so they have to compete with the Lakers among other things for the entertainment dollar.

9. FightCu1414

FightCu1414 Fifth year Senior Club Member

Do the Buffs not compete with Denver sports and the mountains?

10. cubuffs85

cubuffs85 Active Member

I've pointed that out before. But there's even more options in LA with even more people.

If CU was located in Denver, this would apply even more.