1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any chance Embree resigns on his own?

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by boydbuff, Sep 15, 2012.

1. boydbuff

boydbuff Club Member Club Member

I know he is super competitive and wants to believe he can "turn this thing around." But he is a Buff 4 Life and bleeds black and gold. This pains him beyond what we even can imagine.

Maybe he would fall on the sword to make it easier for the administration. He could still negotiate his buyout as if he had been fired.

2. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

No, he'll wait to be fired and colect his buyout, Buff or not, money talks....

3. dio

dio Admin Club Member Junta Member

Most coaches at this level are far too egotistical and far too confident to throw in the towel.

4. Dunken

Dunken Member

very true.....fact

5. BuffSurveyor

BuffSurveyor Club Member Club Member

Yep! Pride is in play here.

6. CVilleBuff

CVilleBuff Club Member Club Member

If he's a "true buff" he will.

7. CarolinaBuff

CarolinaBuff Weekend Poster Club Member

8. buffwings

buffwings Club Member Club Member

He may love the Buffs but not more than money. What a shiity middle school team we have. Mullen can kick our ads. JE sucks!

9. patebuff

patebuff Downgraded to half a star Club Member

No, stupid question

10. SJBuff

SJBuff Club Member Club Member

No he won't quit. He's said many times he's a fighter. He's going to make them fire him and then complain that he didn't have enough time and it's not his fault.

11. Ozbuff

Ozbuff Member

Keep in mind that it affects the whole staff (and their support staff) if Embree resigns. It would only happen if he consults with them and they all agree to resign. I can't see it happening. Also, if the staff gets fired, how could the university get a staff together mid season that would fare any better? Probably best to start making calls for an end of season hire.

12. SINKRATZ

SINKRATZ Club Member Club Member

Yep.

13. dio

dio Admin Club Member Junta Member

Why would the whole staff have to resign? The whole staff wasn't fired when Hawkins was canned

14. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

Somebody mentioned Tressel. Fire the staff now and hire him. He won't be available at the end of the year. Neither will Petrino for that matter.

15. 77buff

77buff Well-Known Member

The CU administration would never approve of them. End of story.

16. badfish650

badfish650 Member

No way. Career suicide and he won't reap the financial windfall of being bought out and returning to the NFL as a position coach.

17. BuffaloChuck

BuffaloChuck Member

How can you tell he hasn't resigned already? 69-14 losses full of the worst kind of records don't grow on trees! Good coaches don't set records for other teams, much less other conferences (the 55-points-in-First-Half is a Mountain West Conference record. Just imagine - a crummy conference used to blow-outs only needs Embree to bring his squad in for that record to fall).

18. Lt.Col.FrankSlade

Lt.Col.FrankSlade Well-Known Member

Career suicide? What career? He's a position coach. If he gets fired tomorrow he will get another job coaching TE's somewhere.

Financial windfall of being bought out? $500,000 isn't much of a financial windfall, but I suppose it is better than $0.

19. BuffaloChuck

BuffaloChuck Member

I think "Embree being fired" is a good thing. Embree & Co can bounce around and scream "We weren't given a real chance!" and future employers can buy into that excuse. CU Admin can say, "We made a definite stand, and we mean it!"

It's a Win Win Situation. If Embree's smart, he's got this all worked out. "I'll call and say FIRE ME and you agree to do it, OK? Maybe even do it in the paper first and I'll react like it's the first I've heard of it."

When you think of it, Embree Being Fired is a total win-win for everyone.

20. buffwings

three terrible decisions in row by bohnhead. I don't if hiring hackins or embers was worse. We are a laughing stock and no one believes this school's administration cares. It's something that I refused to get used or come to terms with knowing where we once we're until now. 7 yrs of this crap is enough. I'll watch when we have a new AD and coach AND the school proves they are committed to athletic success especially in football.

21. GregInArlington

GregInArlington Well-Known Member

No one is quitting in their second season, stupid question. A lot of work has to be done and I'm pretty sure he's willing to do it.

22. buffwings

the pride and tradition of the Colorado buffaloes will not be left to inept and incompetent.

23. absinthe

absinthe Ambitious but rubbish. Club Member Junta Member

I am sure he's willing, I am willing to play pro-hockey, you are willing to get laid.

BuffNut99 likes this.
  24. Mick Ronson

Mick Ronson Well-Known Member

yeah, the NFL is most retread league in all of sports....you have to get fired about 10 times to not be able to find work once you've been there.

25. GregInArlington

GregInArlington Well-Known Member

And I'm not quitting! I will just continue to get 1-2 wins a year

26. MtnBuff

MtnBuff Not allowed in Barzil 2 Club Member

The only way he resigns is if he is pushed to resign, and pushed very hard.

My guess is that if he resigns or gets fired it won't happen before the last three games of the season and likely not until the end of the season.

Also end it with the crap about Tressel and Petrino. They aren't coming, the school wouldn't hire them if they were free, and I don't want them.

Tressel can't brush his teeth without cheating. The NCAA was afraid to hold tOSU accountable for Tressels actions, they would have no such hesitancy with us. Tressel could and would put us in a hole we may never get out of. And the worst is that he would be long gone before the hammer ever fell because he would move on at the first chance.

Petrino is a walking train wreck, or at least motorcycle and life wreck. Imagine the lunatic feminist fringe in Boulder if the even interviewed him. The man has no judgement whatsoever. In addition without the SEC environment and resources around him I could see him being Chuck Fairbanks revisited.

Our next coach isn't going to be a big name, isn't going to be a Mac retread, and isn't going to be the "next great coach in line" like everyone talked about Hawkins at the time of the hire.

Instead he has to be a guy who had experience winning at a mid-major or as an coordinator at a major program (and it won't be Smart.) It has to be a guy who can work with and develop mid-level talent to play above their expectations. It also has to be someone who can work with the Boulder and the Colorado media and political environment.

27. Burrito Palazzo

Burrito Palazzo huff my smug Club Member