What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Any one else losing the passion?

Strongly disagree. As hard as it is to think, we would be in a even worse situation right now with Dickless Tharpe. Being an AD is a lot more than hiring coaches. Teams strike out and Dan Hawkins was one of the hottest things in college football when we were in our last search. Hell, Oklahoma went through 4 coaches before they were back to being themselves again.

Bohn has done a lot for this athletic department. He has a chance to redeem himself with this next hire.

I like Mike Bohn, but I'm just not going to look the other way as he mishandles one coaches exit after another. Regardless of his other accomplishments he still has to take ownership of the worst 5 year stretch of the flagship team of the the AD.

I wont even get into the treatment of the fans by this AD.

Please don't tell me the PTB have given you grief. If they have, my view of the bunker mentality I referenced in post #2 is even more reinforced. It astounds me how the AD expects fans and alums to pony up premium prices, with the suggestion that if you don't you are: a. disloyal, b. a bad fan, or c. some kind of reprobate. Then when the product is poor, they whine and attack the fans as if it is somehow our fault an incompetent staff is in place, or like it's our fault he's still here. I won't even address the sheer idiocy of the notion the fans are responsible for the lack of success.

leftybuff, I can't address some of this right now. I can say that everything right now appears to be good, and I am happy for that. I'll tell you I am 60 years old and I first saw the Buffs play in the 1960s. It was a great time and an innocent time. The Buffs became my heroes. I also mentioned that one of my high school coaches was a former Buff and there was nothing I wanted more than to participate in Colorado football. Through a "never quit" attitude and Coach Crowder, I was very lucky to be the low man on the totem pole in 1971. Now that I am 60 years old I will not tolerate anyone questioning my loyalty to the Colorado football program. I call it as it is, four and possibly five losing seasons in a row is nothing to be proud of and certainly nothing that can be defended. I look forward to the day that the attitude of Coaches Dal Ward, Eddie Crowder and Bill McCartney return to Colorado football. I knew Coach Ward as he helped me and others in practice. I knew Coach Crowder as he kept me on the team as a walk-on. I have never met Coach Mac, but his contribution to Colorado football is one of legend. Coach Crowder also became more dear to me when we were reconnected much later in life. My days as a Buff are as dear to me as anyone whoever suited up for the Buffs all the way up to the All-Americans who played a major role in Colorado football. Again, I am getting older now, and I won't tolerate anyone questioning where I stand regarding the Colorado football program.

leftybuff, I can't address some of this right now. I can say that everything right now appears to be good, and I am happy for that. I'll tell you I am 60 years old and I first saw the Buffs play in the 1960s. It was a great time and an innocent time. The Buffs became my heroes. I also mentioned that one of my high school coaches was a former Buff and there was nothing I wanted more than to participate in Colorado football. Through a "never quit" attitude and Coach Crowder, I was very lucky to be the low man on the totem pole in 1971. Now that I am 60 years old I will not tolerate anyone questioning my loyalty to the Colorado football program. I call it as it is, four and possibly five losing seasons in a row is nothing to be proud of and certainly nothing that can be defended. I look forward to the day that the attitude of Coaches Dal Ward, Eddie Crowder and Bill McCartney return to Colorado football. I knew Coach Ward as he helped me and others in practice. I knew Coach Crowder as he kept me on the team as a walk-on. I have never met Coach Mac, but his contribution to Colorado football is one of legend. Coach Crowder also became more dear to me when we were reconnected much later in life. My days as a Buff are as dear to me as anyone whoever suited up for the Buffs all the way up to the All-Americans who played a major role in Colorado football. Again, I am getting older now, and I won't tolerate anyone questioning where I stand regarding the Colorado football program.
eastwoodbkg-1.jpg

After Toledo last year, something started to change. I had finally seen the light that our coach was a buffoon. We talked all summer about fall workouts going great, we had the biggest strongest fastest kids in the history of the program, we had the best offensive line ever assembled on planet Earth, and we just got smoked by CSU and Toledo in less than a week. WTF.

At the end of that season when we didn't fire Hawk, I was certain I had lost the passion. I did not renew my season tickets. I thought I had severed it. But then fall camps came and all the talk about how great we would be. I knew it was a lie, but there's something about the sound of pads hitting on a fall day that gets you excited about the season. This year though, without tickets, and knowing we would suck again, I wasn't nearly as excited about the beginning of this year.

It's so hard to explain to my girlfriend that we still should go to the bar to watch this monstrocity. We were at Old Chicago's for OU and it sucked. I really feel like getting ready to watch (or listen) to CU games nowadays is akin to walking the green mile. I want the game to be early in the day, so I can just get on with watching better games later on and not have to worry. I'm not excited about the beginning of the games anymore, I'm excited about them ending. It has sucked this year.

God I hope we fire Hawkins this year...........................I don't think I can do another year of this......

I have been critical of Bohn for this lately, but many of you have struck me down. Sure, he helped us find our way into the Pac 10, but Hawkins (whether or not he has the authority to fire him) is on him, especially the extension.

If we have dreams of scaling the mountaintop again in football, do you really think Bohn will get this AD there? He seems average at best.

Yes, Hawkins has proven to be a dud. And it's probably Bohn's responsibility. However, it looked like a good hire and a well-timed extension. I don't really blame him for either.

I can't believe how much time I wasted over the summer getting hyped up for the season.

Last Saturday I sat there watching the game and called probably 8 plays in a row before the snap. "If you can sit here with 8 beers in you and do that, what makes Hawk think the OU coaches aren't doing the same thing?" My wife noted. "Exactly babe. Better grab me another 12'er when you go to the store."

Pretty much the last straw, especially when you can flip the channel to damn near any game and watch exciting football.

So what you are saying is that you're tired of this ****, man...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Yx5QxzSn1w

Did not say it was gone, but it certainly has changed. A new coach and new conference will help and I am sure as hell going to be stoked to see the new era start next year. Just tired right now. Tired of losing. Tired of being uncompetitive. Tired of being a laughing stock of college football. Tired of bad coaching....and on and on. Just tired.

Understood B30. I agree, I look forward to a new attitude in Dal Ward as well. I repped you but forgot to sign it. I'm sure you will be able to tell which one is mone. Take care.

i'm a waking giant to borrow a phrase....though, i am starting to understand how the "bandwagon logic" has appeal to so many (for instance, lot of casual Bronco fans over my experience). the latter kinda makes me sad.

This is the first year I missed a home game since 1996 but I have not lost the passion. As soon as the that ****stick Dan Hawkins is gone I will purchase season tickets again.
First time since 91 here. My situation is primarily financial, but I haven't even tried to find cheap seats this year.

I can't believe how much time I wasted over the summer getting hyped up for the season.

Last Saturday I sat there watching the game and called probably 8 plays in a row before the snap. "If you can sit here with 8 beers in you and do that, what makes Hawk think the OU coaches aren't doing the same thing?" My wife noted. "Exactly babe. Better grab me another 12'er when you go to the store."

Pretty much the last straw, especially when you can flip the channel to damn near any game and watch exciting football.

I like you a lot better than White Rob.

I like you a lot better than White Rob.

White Rob can't predict plays for ****. And I don't want to indulge any stereotypes here, but I hear he can't dance either. Don't blame me people, it's just what I heard.

Broadcast message to UT and NU fans:
The darkest days of Callahan were much, much brighter than 5 LOSING SEASONS IN A ROW under Hawk. CU's blue period is like NU's down years, but with even more futility, less stadium sell-outs, and less offense.

Hey Longhorn fans, boo-hoo. It may look like a down year, but y'all are going to a bowl game and can still get your game televised. After you clock a few losing season, then come back and talk.

Both NU and UT have commitment to winning and would never tolerate FIVE LOSING SEASONS!

When was the last time UT or NU went 2-10 or 3-9? They haven't.

Thanks for the sympathy, but believe me. NU's and UT's darkest years would be celebrated in Boulder, because they didn't generate 2-win and 3-win seasons!

Barf.

Thanks for the encouragement, though.

What a great time to really agitate CU fans...but reading this is really depressing and I can't bring myself to pile on.

I want so badly to have something to root for, but it just isn't there. Instead, I sit and watch every defensive play wondering if we are about to witness another "gasher." I hate Hawk for getting stupid terms like that into my ****ing vocabulary.

I am banking up a lot of passion for the future and just weathering the storm right now. Luckily the youth teams I am coaching are having kick-ass seasons and have given me a place to channel some of that passion.

I will be in Stincoln this year with a serious drink on celebrating the LAST game Hawk will ever coach for CU (would be even better if I were celebrating another game where he wasn't coaching the team)! I probably won't be able to bear staying in the game for long, but will most likely sit in their University club across the street doing serious brain damage and celebrating the end of a very bad episode in the history of Buff football.

Back