What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Any updates on 2011 schedule? Seattle Times has us playing at WU

I don't get why we dropped Fresno State. If we're lacking home games, searching for wins on the schedule, and don't want to be wasting money, why did we buy our way out of that game (if that's what we did).

http://www.buffzone.com/ci_16525239
BTW: Cal isn't shown on the schedule according to this either.

Fresno State is in 2012, I don't think they were on the schedule for next year.

With our road trip to Hawaii that gives us a possible 13 game season and only five home games. We had better get a coach with the ability not to crack under pressure on the road otherwise it'll be a rough season.:keule::facepalm:

It'll be great to see the Buffs play so many times against our new conference foes. Next year might even make for a couple good road trips.

I expect this to be true regardless, but at least I'll have hope in my heart and a smile on face! Go Buffs!

Nice schedule. Let's hope we have a competent staff next year.

From my post in another thread:

Hawaii-First game under a new head coach on the islands is not exactly a gimme. But an exprienced (albeit with little road success) can help here.
TBA-Likely a 1-AA cupcake. Barring a Montana State disaster, this should be a win.
CSU-They're getting better, but they are still not a very good team. Needs to be a win.
Ohio State-Could be a very ugly loss.
Wazzu-Should be a big win, probably the worst BCS team in the country.
Stanford-The type of game that would an automatic loss under Hawkins, but may be a different story under a new coach. Stanford is likely replacing seven offensive starters after this season, including Andrew Luck.
Washington-DD can probably give better insight here.
Oregon-Loss, but I guess you never know at home.
Arizona State-A program that has stagnated under Erickson. We avoid the early season heat too. Another automatic loss under Hawkins, but it might be a different story under the new coach.
USC-Still ultra talented and can score lots of points, probable loss.
Arizona-Another swing game that should be competitive. The Wildcats graduate their entire OL and eight out of their top 10 OL.
UCLA-Who knows what is going to happen here.
Utah-Another tough road game, but we could be desperate for a win here and you never know with these season-ending games.

man, that is a murderous schedule. seriously. even by CU standards of difficult schedules, this one is epic. oregon, usc, ohio state, stanford, and utah. i'll tell you what, brother and sister Buffs, this is the bigs.

man, that is a murderous schedule. seriously. even by CU standards of difficult schedules, this one is epic. oregon, usc, ohio state, stanford, and utah. i'll tell you what, brother and sister Buffs, this is the bigs.

Does anyone in the country have a tougher schedule next year?

So does this mean the Washington schools will both be on the schedule every year? If so, I like it. I have a good friend in Pullman (works for Wazzu) and have always wanted to see a game in Husky stadium, now I just need to find someone with a boat that I can tailgate with!

Easy to read format:

2011 CU schedule
Sept. 3 — at Hawaii
Sept. 10 — TBA
Sept. 17 — Colorado State (Invesco)
Sept. 24 — at Ohio State
Oct. 1 — WASHINGTON ST.
Oct. 8 — at Stanford
Oct. 15 — at Washington
Oct. 22 — OREGON
Oct. 29 — at Arizona St.
Nov. 5 — USC
Nov. 12 — ARIZONA
Nov. 19 — at UCLA
Nov. 26 — at Utah

Wait a minute....

Oct. 29 — at Arizona St.

10/29? As in two days before Halloween? With the Arizona State co-eds?

I'm so happy that I can't stop crying. GOD BLESS THE 12 PAC!

So I wonder how CU will placate the suite owners next year. How do you have a 13 game schedule and only have 5 home games? That's just terrible.

From my post in another thread:

Hawaii-First game under a new head coach on the islands is not exactly a gimme. But an exprienced (albeit with little road success) can help here.
TBA-Likely a 1-AA cupcake. Barring a Montana State disaster, this should be a win.
CSU-They're getting better, but they are still not a very good team. Needs to be a win.
Ohio State-Could be a very ugly loss.
Wazzu-Should be a big win, probably the worst BCS team in the country.
Stanford-The type of game that would an automatic loss under Hawkins, but may be a different story under a new coach. Stanford is likely replacing seven offensive starters after this season, including Andrew Luck.
Washington-DD can probably give better insight here.
Oregon-Loss, but I guess you never know at home.
Arizona State-A program that has stagnated under Erickson. We avoid the early season heat too. Another automatic loss under Hawkins, but it might be a different story under the new coach.
USC-Still ultra talented and can score lots of points, probable loss.
Arizona-Another swing game that should be competitive. The Wildcats graduate their entire OL and eight out of their top 10 OL.
UCLA-Who knows what is going to happen here.
Utah-Another tough road game, but we could be desperate for a win here and you never know with these season-ending games.

It's going to take an epic coaching job to NOT get crushed several times next year

So does this mean the Washington schools will both be on the schedule every year? If so, I like it. I have a good friend in Pullman (works for Wazzu) and have always wanted to see a game in Husky stadium, now I just need to find someone with a boat that I can tailgate with!
No. We will play the Wash and Ore schools more than Cal and Stanford, but not necessarily every year.

Press Release from the Pac-10 with all the info:
http://www.pac-10.org/portals/7/images/Football/WklyRel/2011-Pac-12FBScheduleRelease1.pdf

---------- Post added at 03:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:44 PM ----------

So I wonder how CU will placate the suite owners next year. How do you have a 13 game schedule and only have 5 home games? That's just terrible.
I'm sure that they will come up with something. The suite owners just need to understand that this is a once-only situation caused by the conference switch and bad timing (I know, I'm pretty casual with their money!!).

No just suite owners, although they pay a ton, but every other ticket price is going to be a ton of $$$. I'm guessing the showdown game is going to be $75 face value. We are going to be close to $100 face value for Oregon and USC

Looking over some of the FBS teams' schedules, it looks like New Mexico has an open spot on Sept. 10. Since Nevada is now in-conference they only have 2 OOC games scheduled, so it could work out.

Might be better $$$ for a home game than scheduling an FCS creampuff, and it might be an easier game if Locksley is still coaching there too.

Wait a minute....

10/29? As in two days before Halloween? With the Arizona State co-eds?

I'm so happy that I can't stop crying. GOD BLESS THE 12 PAC!

Picture%205%2882%29.png

My predictions if we were to play this schedule with this staff. 3-4 wins. Hopefully a decent coach can get us a win or two out of the should be wins, but they are a road game (washington, ASU, UCLA)

2011 CU schedule
Sept. 3 — at Hawaii L Think Toledo here
Sept. 10 — TBA W (if Cal, Cal sucks on the road)
Sept. 17 — Colorado State (Invesco) W Rams will still be worse than us
Sept. 24 — at Ohio State L Big time loss
Oct. 1 — WASHINGTON ST. W Worse than us and it's at home
Oct. 8 — at Stanford L Another blowout loss
Oct. 15 — at Washington L It should be a W, but it's on the road
Oct. 22 — OREGON L They would detroy us in Eugene, Boulder, or in a parking lot.
Oct. 29 — at Arizona St. L ASU is decent at home, we suck on the road
Nov. 5 — USC W SC will be down even more next year. Heres Hawks 1 "big" win per year
Nov. 12 — ARIZONA L Once again we get let down the week after a "big" win
Nov. 19 — at UCLA L Road game
Nov. 26 — at Utah L Another road blowout loss

you actually say hawkins will still be our coach you dip****

My predictions if we were to play this schedule with this staff. 3-4 wins. Hopefully a decent coach can get us a win or two out of the should be wins, but they are a road game (washington, ASU, UCLA)

2011 CU schedule
Sept. 3 — at Hawaii L Think Toledo here
Sept. 10 — TBA W (if Cal, Cal sucks on the road)
Sept. 17 — Colorado State (Invesco) W Rams will still be worse than us
Sept. 24 — at Ohio State L Big time loss
Oct. 1 — WASHINGTON ST. W Worse than us and it's at home
Oct. 8 — at Stanford L Another blowout loss
Oct. 15 — at Washington L It should be a W, but it's on the road
Oct. 22 — OREGON L They would detroy us in Eugene, Boulder, or in a parking lot.
Oct. 29 — at Arizona St. L ASU is decent at home, we suck on the road
Nov. 5 — USC W SC will be down even more next year. Heres Hawks 1 "big" win per year
Nov. 12 — ARIZONA L Once again we get let down the week after a "big" win
Nov. 19 — at UCLA L Road game
Nov. 26 — at Utah L Another road blowout loss

I didn't say that

nm

Attachments

• legally retarded.jpg
    legally retarded.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 0
You might want to read the whole post (especially the first part). Unleash never said he thought Hawkins would be our coach.

i did read it.. he did say hopefully a decent coach could get 2 or more wins out of that... but see the bolded part as well

i did read it.. he did say hopefully a decent coach could get 2 or more wins out of that... but see the bolded part as well

I was basing the entire thing as if the CURRENT STAFF "led" by DAN HAWKINS WAS coaching this team against this schedule. Read my first sentence please, it is explained on the original post. And please dont call me retarded again, k? thanks!

The 8-year rotational schedule has us playing U-Dub in 2011/12 but NOT in 2013/14, then back on for the 2015/16 and 2017/18 seasons. So 6 out of 8 years we will play the Huskies. Same for Wazzou, Oregon, and Oregon State.

Stanford and Cal only 4 out of 8 years, and never both in the same season.

Back