1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any way EB and Brownie accept demotions?

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by ElCunado, Oct 29, 2012.

1. ElCunado

ElCunado Club Member Club Member

Honestly, I don't see any way JE gets fired after this year. However, I think the AD needs to show the donors something. Is there any way EB goes back to coaching RBs (and maybe assistant OC title), Brownie coaches DBs, and we bring in proven coordinators?

2. sliderNcider

sliderNcider MacLovin Club Member

Bieniemy isn't going anywhere. And why not just start fresh

3. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

A demotion is not in Bieniemy's self interest at all.

4. Lt.Col.FrankSlade

Lt.Col.FrankSlade Well-Known Member

Only so many coaches are allowed, per NCAA rules.

While I suppose demotions are possible - we still need someone to call the offense / defense.

Since we can't bring in someone NEW until one of the current staffers leaves/gets fired - the only way to change coaches is just to shuffle them around. I doubt that will happen.

5. BuffClass90

BuffClass90 Banned BANNED

I think EB is out of his 2 year contract (could be wrong) and his career is going up, so a demotion wouldn't serve him. He'd leave and look for a RB/Asst OC job in the NFL. Brown should just go...he's pathetic.

6. zbuff

zbuff Club Member Club Member

Not to mention being pretty pointless. We need a complete transfusion of new blood.

7. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

Not only that, or to add to that, he is making, what, over $500k? They, in no way, will pay a position coach that kind of money. Plus, he has one of the contract exemptions I believe. Right?

8. boydbuff

boydbuff Club Member Club Member

Yes he does and I don't think there is any way Embree would allow anyone to fire or demote EB. They were kind of a package deal from the beginning. Brown on the other hand is probably seen as more expendable.

The thing with Brown is he is considered a very high caliber DB coach and was instrumental in securing our DB class from 2012. So a demotion or just a co-DC role for him but giving the actual responsibility to a proven DC could be viable.

Marshall is starting to get the OL playing a bit better now so he may not get fired either. I know I for one will be very upset if JE stays on and no real changes are made to the coaches AND to the systems.

9. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Yep. I think he is making 650K and is in the 2nd year of a 5-year contract. Demotion is not an option.

10. buffedup

buffedup Cooler than a Popsicle Stand. Club Member

I do. It is simple: You are fired. I don't see why this is so difficult to see for people. Colorado is horrific. And I truly mean it in every sense of the word. There is absolutely no redeeming qualities about this team right now. None. Plus Embree does not cost the University nearly as much as firing Hawkins or Barnett, and keeping him will cost them significantly more in revenue then his payout.

11. DBT

As Duff Man pointed out, EB is in the 2nd year of a 5 year contract as is JE. Firing them is not going to happen whether any of us would prefer it or not.

12. White_Rabbit

White_Rabbit Club Member Club Member

The buyouts for Embree and EB are quite small.

13. BuffClass90

Let's pay them per win...we'll save even more!!!

14. duaneallman8

duaneallman8 Member

And I believe the way it is structured is that there is no buyout at all after year three, right?

15. White_Rabbit

I believe after year 4 there's no buyout for Embree. This year I think it's 500k, next year 250k, then 0.

16. DBT

Thanks to you and the others for the clarification. That is a good thing.

17. o_robbie

o_robbie I don't think before I post

They appear quite small on paper to the casual fan but it appears to me that the people in charge don't like paying buyouts. Plus who are we going to pay to replace these guys? I don't see us paying over a 1.5 million for a proven coach. I'm not sure who that gets us that is considered any better at this point.

18. Finest

Finest New Member

I'd argue that there could put together quite a list that would come to CU for 1.5 million dollars that would put a more disciplined team on the field.

19. BuffClass90

I hope to God you are wrong. We need to be in the $2-3 million range to compete in the PAC 12.

20. Daaah

Daaah Club Member Club Member

Where is the additional money from the pac 12 going? How much more money are we making from the TV deal then we were in the Big 12?

Why did we give unproven coaches a 5 year deal?

21. RalphieSpeaks

RalphieSpeaks Club Member Club Member

:iagree:

If they do not bring more then 1.5 to the table they are not getting anyone good. We get a lot of money from the Pac. If you are not going to announce facilities right now then you can use that money and hire a real staff.

22. Lt.Col.FrankSlade

Lt.Col.FrankSlade Well-Known Member

$2-$3 million would be a lot in the Pac 12.

Chip Kelly only makes $2.8 mil. Sarkisian at UW only makes $2.25. Rich Rod makes $1.9 mil. Whittingham at Utah makes $1.7 mil. Riley at Oregon State makes $1.3.

If CU pays $2 million and throws lots of incentives into the deal, I think it is a VERY competitive contract.

23. buffedup

buffedup Cooler than a Popsicle Stand. Club Member

The CUAD is not nearly as poor as many think. Bohn has done a solid job fiscally in the AD.

24. White_Rabbit

The buyouts are tiny. Whether the AD wants to pay them is another story, but they are small by every definition of the word.

25. Ralphandler1

Ralphandler1 Member

Just in response to where is the money questions...... You all forget that CU AD received no money for the last year in the Big 12 which created a very large debt for the AD.And last year the PAC12 did not have a huge contract so our payout was not nearly what it will be this year. To allow for a budget for past 2 years they borrowed from the University which must be paid back, and depleted funding reserves as far as I can tell. So the AD is pulling out of the hole but between Hawk buyout and 2 years of minimal money we were in a bad spot the past 3 years. So I am not sure any buyout for any coach is in the cards. JE and EB are here for MINIMUM 1 or 2 more years. I think changes will occur but this will likely be Brown getting fired and possibly a replacement OL coach.