What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Any Word If Lynn Katoa will see the field this year??

GreeleyBuff

I hear academics might be a probablem here?? Anybody know whats going on with him?? We have some good depth at linebacker but it would be nice to see Lynne on the field!! Any predictions if he will be on the field come fall??

Re: Any Word If Lynne Katao will see the field this year??

Lynn Katoa

Last I heard they were struggling keeping him eligible because of grades.:cry:

I saw him at the library recently so that's good news:thumbsup:

I hear academics might be a probablem here?? Anybody know whats going on with him?? We have some good depth at linebacker but it would be nice to see Lynne on the field!! Any predictions if he will be on the field come fall??

If you don't see him on the field for the spring game, you may have your answer then?

If you don't see him on the field for the spring game, you may have your answer then?

Not necessarily. If he's concentrating on classwork, they may not ask much of him this spring. Grades will have to come first. Hawkins said Katoa has much assistance to succeed, they are monitoring and working on it.

Sometime in the last couple of weeks, I wish I remember where, it was reported that Katoa is doing great and he's expected to be part of the team.

Sometime in the last couple of weeks, I wish I remember where, it was reported that Katoa is doing great and he's expected to be part of the team.

Someone also said recently that Katoa was not doing well and will not be participating in spring ball.

I remember hearing lots of times that PT Gates was doing great too. Unfortunately, at this point, I'm kinda counting Katoa as out until I see him on the field.

We need him on the field. He's had plenty of time to get his grades in order. I heard he was doing well also,crossing my fingers because cu can't afford to not have talent like his on the field,injuries are bad enough, we don't need this too.

This is from January, but it's the whole Katoa story to that point.

http://www.buffzone.com/news/2009/jan/07/lb-katoa-remains-on-cus-roster/

LB Katoa remains on CU's roster

Buff frosh will enroll for spring semester classes

It is unclear whether Katoa will participate in spring football, which is slated to begin March 31. Katoa is likely to supply the answer to that question himself through his performance in the classroom over the next three months.
When asked about Katoa's status for spring football last month, Hawkins said, "We'll see where he is."

Someone also said recently that Katoa was not doing well and will not be participating in spring ball.

I remember hearing lots of times that PT Gates was doing great too. Unfortunately, at this point, I'm kinda counting Katoa as out until I see him on the field.

I recently posted that I'd that he's still not academically eligible (maybe cumulative GPA or credits?) but is plugging away. He may or may not participate in Spring. It will be an encouraging sign if he does.

Came to make a blind joke, see that it was already done, slightly bummed, will carry on posting regardless.

Hawkins needs to counsel these high achievers away from degrees in Astrophysics... :rolleyes:

Hawkins needs to counsel these high achievers away from degrees in Astrophysics... :rolleyes:
Undeclared/Sociology/Communications isn't exactly Astrophysics. Any primate with opposable thumbs could get a passing grade in any of these majors simply by showing up. This has a lot more to do with a lack of discipline than with an inability to make the grade. You only need a 2.0. All you have to do is show up and be able to write in complete sentences. My 10 year old can do that now. I've got no sympathy for a kid who won't go to class.

Undeclared/Sociology/Communications isn't exactly Astrophysics. Any primate with opposable thumbs could get a passing grade in any of these majors simply by showing up. This has a lot more to do with a lack of discipline than with an inability to make the grade. You only need a 2.0. All you have to do is show up and be able to write in complete sentences. My 10 year old can do that now. I've got no sympathy for a kid who won't go to class.

:thumbsup:

Hey! I was a Socy major!!

:smile2:

And yes, you're right. With the exception of a couple of classes (that you wouldn't take Freshman year anyway), you should just be able to show up and get a C in the class.

I have it on pretty good word that Cabral says he is not going to make it and is not counting on him. That is from someone who spoke with Cabral about 2 weeks ago.

I have it on pretty good word that Cabral says he is not going to make it and is not counting on him. That is from someone who spoke with Cabral about 2 weeks ago.

:sad2: CU can't afford having talented guys like this not get it done. He needs to be on the field. CU needs all the talent then can get and $**t like this doesn't help.

:sad2: CU can't afford having talented guys like this not get it done. He needs to be on the field. CU needs all the talent then can get and $**t like this doesn't help.

If he can't hack it, then it is on him and no one else. He has the support to succeed.

Here is hoping Cabral is trying to, one, send out a message and, two, lower his and other's expectations. You know, kind of like reverse psychology.

the ONLY person who EVER said that PT Gates was doing great was PT Gates. There was NEVER one quote from anyone associated with CU football or admissions who stated anything regarding his progress and there were no surprises in the end.

BB: a statement like this better be substantiated. It's not like Cabral to ever comment on player's grades or eligibility chances and thus I think a statement like this better be both accurate and more importantly, TIMELY. When did he say this to this phantom someone? Any chance it was several months ago?

In the recent press conference on signing day, Hawkins stated that Katoa is working hard and on his participation in the spring: "we'll see, but we expect so". This came to me as a dramatic uptick in his outlook, compared to his luncheon comments back in October or so when he said "we are working on a lot of things with Lynn"... I'm not sure if this comment made it to the film, but I was there in the room and heard the question asked and the response from the great Hawk himself on 2/4/09.

I wouldn't put money on him playing next year. I think it's best for us to assume he won't be available, and if he's there, all the better.

I dont know if things have changed that much (I graduated in '96) but you seriously have to be functioning retard to not get at 2.0 at CU. Its not exactly a bastion of higher education...

I dont know if things have changed that much (I graduated in '96) but you seriously have to be functioning retard to not get at 2.0 at CU. Its not exactly a bastion of higher education...
There's no need to take shots at a kid. Lynn has some issues he needs to resolve if he wants to continue going to school at Colorado. I hope he turns it around.

Back