What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Any Word If Lynn Katoa will see the field this year??

I am am CU alum. I spent my freshman year at Sewall in 1992. I then rushed and was a Sig Ep for about 4 months before I realized fraternities weren't for me. I sat in that gross pizza place in the UMC (cant remember the name, cant imagine its still there) when Rashaan Salaam was announced as the Heisman winner in 1994 or 1995, dont remember the year. I then moved to Hill- 13th and College before moving to 10th and University my senior year. My favorite thing to eat was the "Southern" from Tulagi. The sink's pizza was always a bit overrated but that place was damn hard to get into if you werent 21. Abo's always served a quality slice, even by NY standards. Salvaggios deli sucked. (people from Boston dont know real deli, despite their holier-than-thou attitude). I much preferred the deli zone on the hill

salvagios is my favorite. btw, im from manhattan. i know sandwiches.

I'll take Half Fast over any other sandwich place in Boulder.

Snarf's.

sub-sandwich-thumb5514427.jpg

Last edited:
Thats the dumbest argument on here. My guess is the average english major would have a hard time with physics, math and science at any university, much less one as highly acclamimed as your beloved CU. Thats like saying "oh, you're a policeman are you? Well, you would never make it trading derivitives like me and my buddies at Goldman Sachs. You would get eaten alive"

Do you have any other seriously flawed analogies for me, or did they not teach you well at CU?

Ummm, you're a derivatives trader at Goldman Sachs who is, by his own admission, 'math illiterate'? Not a good thing to admit.

if you really want to get back to topic I can go with something I've held to myself the past few days...Katoa will not see the field next fall. Every week that he plays, I will not post.

He got away with something this weekend that would have ended his time in Boulder, but he did get away..however, since he seems to always be in this type of situation I feel it is only a matter of time before caught.

if you really want to get back to topic I can go with something I've held to myself the past few days...Katoa will not see the field next fall. Every week that he plays, I will not post.

He got away with something this weekend that would have ended his time in Boulder, but he did get away..however, since he seems to always be in this type of situation I feel it is only a matter of time before caught.

If this is an accurate statement by you, then this **** head has taken a golden opportunity pass him bye. NFL skill nickle head. You screw up on the big stage of high end Collegiate football then you have no chance in todays NFL of ever seeing the light of day. IF this player or in his case roster fodder till proven otherwise reads this board. I ask you this? How stupid can 1 human be ? A chance to showcase yourself and build a network of community and grad members to make sure you live financially well and become well educated? Lynn read this and laugh it off , become a statistic of talent wasted. OR wise the **** up!

Painful to hear.

So many people rooting for him to succeed and so little effort on his behalf.

I'm hearng from more than one person who should be in the know that Katoa is done. Obviously nothing official, but I haven't heard one person that's connected to the program in any way show any confidence in Katoa ever playing a down of football for CU. :sad1:

I'm hearng from more than one person who should be in the know that Katoa is done. Obviously nothing official, but I haven't heard one person that's connected to the program in any way show any confidence in Katoa ever playing a down of football for CU. :sad1:

Hawkins?

Publicly, he still says they are supporting Katoa in his efforts to succeed.

Hawkins?

Publicly, he still says they are supporting Katoa in his efforts to succeed.

No, not Hawkins. And he doesn't have much of a choice but to publicly support the kid. Hell, we all are supporting Katoa in his efforts to succeed. That doesn't mean he's really putting forth much of an effort to succeed in the first place.

Listen up, Lynn Katoa.

This is some of that there Tough Love you've been hearing about.

You have been born with some talent and given some opportunity that few people get to experience. And no matter what you've heard about opportunity, some folks don't even get to hear it knock once.

So quit screwing around with your life. We, that is the entire Buff Nation, want to see you succeed. Yeah, we're selfish, because we want you to play for the best team in the country and we want to be part of that, but we want YOU to SUCCEED in your life.

That means every time you have to make a choice about doing the right thing or the wrong thing, you are going to have to stop right there and decide which path you want to be on.

Got it?

No more gray areas, cutting corners, slacking off, letting things slide. There are a LOT of people available to help you make it in school. You have more resources at your fingertips than 95% of the CU student body: tutors, advisors, counselors, coaches and teammates who will get you anything to assist, provided YOU do the work.

Quit messing around with anything dangerous and possibly illegal, anything that could throw you under the bus. You break the law, just know the very next strong wind that blows through Boulder is going to carry you away. There are people who claim to be your friends who are really just waiting for a chance to cut you down to size with a well-placed phone call or a photo on the net. And your options after this opportunity is blown will be much more stark and limited.

Don't do it.

Don't make stupid choices for the sake of the moment.

Get a role model, and I don't care if it's Yoda, or Jesus or the Dalai Lama or Coach Hawkins or your favorite pro player. But start thinking and acting like someone who gives a damn about his future. Surround yourself with friends and associates who also want to go somewhere and be someone. Take the high road. Take some responsibility, man.

Do it for all the people out there who wish they had the chance you have been given.

Please share

Please share

I'm not going to do that publicly on an anonymous board. I don't know who reads it.

I'd rather he didn't if it's going to end it for Katoa. Sure, it might happen anyway, but do we really want to nudge this towards the inevitable that way?

This.

Fine. Maybe Infinity can pm me then. Please.:smile2:

If I knew who you were I probably would. I don't want to get someone in trouble by mouthblabbing on the internet.

Last edited:
This is not the place to be getting into any specifics that we've heard about the situation. It's not appropriate and it's not fair to Katoa. Suffice it to say that there's enough information floating around "out there" to lead a reasonable person to have serious reservations about him ever seeing the field.

No offense but you guys have already put it 'out there'.

There's speculation. I don't know what happened and if it's not been made public, agree it shouldn't be posted here.

I don't know if we are talking violation of team rules, lawlessness, or saying the F word in the library. And - apologies to 87 - we don' t know what's true and what the circumstances might be.

There's speculation. I don't know what happened and if it's not been made public, agree it shouldn't be posted here.

I don't know if we are talking violation of team rules, lawlessness, or saying the F word in the library. And - apologies to 87 - we don' t know what's true and what the circumstances might be.

If it is just hearsay, it's probably best to leave it as that and not spread the rumor. If he is screwing up, Hawk will know and will probably kick him off the team. JMO.

IF Katoa never sees the field, it will be very, very, very disapointing. I really don't know what to say. Like Alferd said, these kids have more academic resources at their disposal than nearly everyone at CU. Where there is a will to get a 2.0 with these kids, there is a way. I would assume that Katoa's dream is to play in the NFL, and at some point he (and kids like him) need to realize that at some point you've got to "play the game" and work hard academically.

It's just so disapointing that someone with so much obvious talent would throw it away. I worked very hard both academically and at FB in HS (4,200 hours in the weightroom over 4 years) and I could've barely walked on to a lower D1 program. I had to pay for my time at CU. It's just very frustrating for me to see someone with a free ride to a good education and a D1 FB opportunity throw it away.

To me, 87's post hints at something other than academics.

If its academics, let the dude work on it and hopefully he will get his **** together before he flunks out. If, however, it's another ridiculous fight or whatever, I hate to say it, but I say he should be shown the door.

That said, it's pretty pointless to speculate on this stuff when one has no idea what the dude did. I mean, I said he should be gone if it was a ridiculous fight. But what if it is was a normal fight? Somehow I think it was something more. I kinda expect the worst from this guy for some reason. :sorry:

IF Katoa never sees the field, it will be very, very, very disapointing. I really don't know what to say. Like Alferd said, these kids have more academic resources at their disposal than nearly everyone at CU. Where there is a will to get a 2.0 with these kids, there is a way. I would assume that Katoa's dream is to play in the NFL, and at some point he (and kids like him) need to realize that at some point you've got to "play the game" and work hard academically.

It's just so disapointing that someone with so much obvious talent would throw it away. I worked very hard both academically and at FB in HS (4,200 hours in the weightroom over 4 years) and I could've barely walked on to a lower D1 program. I had to pay for my time at CU. It's just very frustrating for me to see someone with a free ride to a good education and a D1 FB opportunity throw it away.
Thanks Denver sc. Your post is exactly what I believe. There are so many guys out there who would give their left nut and work their butts off just to stand on the sidelines as part of the team. This knucklehead dropped out of his Mom with all this talent and he doesn't give a crap. I say, let him go and he can discover the joy of weight training in the pen. We don't need ingrateful idiots. The only way these guys get turned around is if they can look in a mirror and indentify the problem. Then they can be redeemed. If it continues to be someone elses' fault or they just don't care. Why should anyone else care?

Just remember everyone, the final chapters have not been written yet. Plus, CU has had alot of guys that have gotten into some kind of trouble while on the team and have turned it around to be model teammates and alums. I'm glad we didn't throw Eric Bienemy out of school when he was caught with a gun in his car...

Um, there seems to be a lot left unsaid here. Either folks know something the greater public doesn't, or everybody is piling on over a bunch of heresay.

Whatever, I'm not sure what any greater purpose any of this serves. Until whatever is real is real, why don't we all give it a rest?

Back