What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Any word on how Kai Maiava and Ryan Miller...

Not sure how they graded out by the staff, but here's what Hawk said, from RMN:

>Hawkins said freshman guard Kai Maiava and freshman tackle Ryan Miller played well against the Sooners. He said Miller "dominated" an Oklahoma defender on several plays run to his side.

Miller did get flagged on a holding call in the 2nd half, right when we were driving.

I watched Maiava push his assignment backwards all the way out of bounds. The guy pulled his hair and his helmet came off which drew a personal foul. The guy is a fire plug. Low center of gravity means that he is hard to abuse. He should be good for us.

Miller blew out the whole side of OU's DL on Hugh's long TD run. He took out 2 guys by himself.

I re-watched the game yesterday and specifically paid attention to both Miller and Maiava.

Miller is still a little raw and sometimes looked unsure of who he was supposed to hit. When he did hit though :wow: it was a ton of bricks. Future all B12 player in a couple of years IMO.

Maiava was just awesome! Pass blocking he shut them down. He moved easily between assignments and kept defenders from getting anywhere near Hawk. He went out a series late in the first qtr and his replacement let a sack happen on the first play in. Maiava was also very good run blocking. He was getting out there and abusing guys. I was very impressed with how quick he is for a big guy. Another future all B12 lineman in a year or two.

To me how these two guys played was the brightest spot for us this weekend. If we can continue to get Olinemen like these guys we will be in fantastic shape by 2009-10.

thanks for the thoughts/observations.

i wish i had tought to pay more attention to them during the game. :huh:

Miller blew out the whole side of OU's DL on Hugh's long TD run. He took out 2 guys by himself.

That was awesome. Miller did his thing, the rest of the line just held their ground, and Hugh got a good lead block, can't remember who it was.

I re-watched the game yesterday and specifically paid attention to both Miller and Maiava.

Miller is still a little raw and sometimes looked unsure of who he was supposed to hit. When he did hit though :wow: it was a ton of bricks. Future all B12 player in a couple of years IMO.

Maiava was just awesome! Pass blocking he shut them down. He moved easily between assignments and kept defenders from getting anywhere near Hawk. He went out a series late in the first qtr and his replacement let a sack happen on the first play in. Maiava was also very good run blocking. He was getting out there and abusing guys. I was very impressed with how quick he is for a big guy. Another future all B12 lineman in a year or two.

To me how these two guys played was the brightest spot for us this weekend. If we can continue to get Olinemen like these guys we will be in fantastic shape by 2009-10.

I will say it again; CU is a different team since those two have taken over their spots on the OL.

Back