What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Anyone brought up this guy yet?

I could conceive of him leaving USF for us. In Florida he will always be behind the Gators, Seminoles and Hurricanes no matter what he does and here he'd be the top dog. We'd have to have a massive bake sale to come up with the funds to get him but I don't think it's impossible. Unlikely yes but not impossible.

I don't think it's a given that USF will always be behind those 3 in the state because look how far they've come in just 10 years or so of I-A competition, plus they have that whole Tampa/St. Pete metro area to capitalize on. And not only have they already beaten FSU this year, they also get Miami at home later in the year.

At some point you would think there would exist at least one qualified candidate for whom living in Boulder would be a significant enough advantage that it would convince him to come here for perhaps less than the absolute maximum dollar amount they could get to coach in some prairie or swamp.

Florida doesn't have state income tax, so he'd have to make about 6% more at CU just to break even.

They make it up in Property Taxes. Believe me. I lived there. My 1600 sqft home in Miami was $3500 a year in 2001. My home 2500 sqft in Longmont is $1600 8 years later.

Brian Kelly = #1 goal. He can recruit the midwest. Not a bad spot. Get some good assistants for texas and cal and BOOM. good to go.

funny, a holtz coaching CU... I know nothing about holtz's recruiting.

I like his big program OC (Notre Dame, South Carolina) and assistant (Florida State, Colorado State) background, his winning at a program he had to rebuild (East Carolina) and one he really just had to build (UConn) so they could go to D1-A. As a recruiter, I don't know, but the name should get him into most living rooms.

Kelly and Patterson have got to be the hottest names this season. I just don't know if we can get either of them. Holtz I don't know much about, I could see him being a good hire if he can recruit well. We'd also get added Lou Holtz suck up time on ESPN.

Kelly and Patterson have got to be the hottest names this season. I just don't know if we can get either of them. Holtz I don't know much about, I could see him being a good hire if he can recruit well. We'd also get added Lou Holtz suck up time on ESPN.

I'm not sure we want that. :lol:

Back