What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Anyone catch College Football Live today?

OKCBuff

I didn't, but a friend of mine did and he said he heard Joe Schad say that CU, Utah and Kansas were going to the Pac-10. But 13 teams make no sense -- holding out for UT?

This stuff is getting crazy and something just needs to happen at this point.

I could live with CU, UU, KU, and kNU. 2 Mountain and 2 Central time zone teams. I don't think KU goes anywhere with out their juco brothers though.

That's a solid trio. I would think Kansas is as desirable for hoops as Nebs is for football. If NU receives two offers, I doubt it takes the Pac 10's over the Big Ten's. So, maybe you simply take CU and KU? I like UU a lot, but they may be odd man out here. If that is the case, hopefully they get an invite to the reconstructed Big XII.

KU is worthy of a BCS parachute for the hoops team alone. And the Pac-10 is the only conference I could really see them in, since the SEC wouldn't want them and the Big 10 has no room for them (unless they bounced an expected east expansion team, which would hurt the TV/cable deal I'm sure).

KU to the Pac is the only move I see for them aside for becoming kings of the MWC.

KU is worthy of a BCS parachute for the hoops team alone. And the Pac-10 is the only conference I could really see them in, since the SEC wouldn't want them and the Big 10 has no room for them (unless they bounced an expected east expansion team, which would hurt the TV/cable deal I'm sure).

KU to the Pac is the only move I see for them aside for becoming kings of the MWC.

I would think the Big East might be viable if they have to replace a team, not a perfect fit but the geography probably isn't any worse for them in the PAC.

Its all going to come down to what the Big 10 does. I think the PAC goes to 12 at least. At that point they put the full court press on Texas, but the Big 10 will as well. I don't think the PAC wants to put an offer out there for NU and run the risk of it being rejected for a deal with the Big 10. If the Big 10 doesn't get Texas they'll definitely take Nebraska, but there may be some scenarios where they don't take NU if they they get Texas, in which case they'd be in play for for the PAC. KU would probably be in play for any PAC expansion beyond 12 if Texas is out, or any expansion to 16.

Definitely a bad time for KU's ticket scandal and blackmailing of their AD to be cropping up in the news though, same thing for OU to be looking at major B-Ball sanctions. Extra NCAA attention doesn't really endear you to any new conference suitors, particularly the PAC which is going to be dealing with USC's headaches.

Last edited:
Wow. KU, IMO, would likely end up in the Big East or the Big 10. I don't see the Pac 10 wanting any part of KS. KU is well positioned with their BB though...who knows.

kNU isn't attractive. All 100k fans are at the home games and there's nearly no one left to tune in from the trailer.

At the end of the day, UT and CU will land just fine as there are large TV markets, with ever increasing populations and spending money. It's Iowa, Kansas, Nebraska, Oklahoma, and Western Texas that have become less relevant in the last 20 years - that have to worry. Yes NU and OU have very faithful fan bases, but that matters almost nil here.

There is absolutely no correlation between selling out your spring game (yippee) and TV ratings, access to lucrative markets, and future growth populations. Salt Lake and Denver are thriving cities and will absolutely be courted by the PacX. No doubt. There is also little concern with how many games CU won last year or this. That is all short term stuff. The Pac-10 can see that CU is coming off a death-blow delivered by "the scandal" and that one hurt. If CU got the wrong coach to dig us out of that era, that's a short term problem. Long term, CU has a lot to offer the conference (or any conference). Not to mention that a lot of Pac-10ers look forward to a visit to the Mountains once in awhile. That will NEVER be the case with ANY other school in the Big12 (Lawrence comes the closest to being visit-worthy when you are a west-coaster).

Meh, they are about on par with OSU, WSU, ASU, UO and UA.

Academically speaking, the Pac is a story of the have's and have not's. They may average out well, but the lower half of the conference is really really bad. Compare this to the Big Ten, who doesn't have as many top schools, but is very solid throughout, with all schools ranked in the Top 71 in the USN&WR.

how does KSU possibly fit in the PAC:10 academically?

He said he has heard Colorado, Utah and there might even be mutual interest with KU. Gilmore and Griese shot KU down pretty quick. Definitely didn't say all three were going though.

2 of the past 3 years aside, KU brings virtually nothing in football. This one doesn't make alot of sense. :huh:

2 of the past 3 years aside, KU brings virtually nothing in football. This one doesn't make alot of sense. :huh:

true, but did you notice that KU had the 3rd highest TV revenue on the conference? behind only OU and UT. ahead of ATM and Nebraska.

still don't think it will happen (KU to Pac), though

I would agree with Gilmore here...As he stated football is the driving factor as the basketball revenue that KU will provide wouldn't even touch that of a football program. Also the fact the KU would have to travel all the way to the west coast for non-revenue sports which wouldn't make it fiscally feasible for KU or an ideal situation for the PAC.

Back