1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone catch Jerry Palm on 87.7 this morning?

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by dio, Mar 15, 2011.

1. dio

dio Admin Club Member Junta Member

Made me want to barf.

"It was easy to leave Colorado out. They went 8-8 in conference and had the 25th worst out of conference schedule"

"I wouldn't have voted for them"

"They showed they can beat some nice teams. They also showed they can lose to some bad teams"

He said the only team we have a legitimate gripe about being behind is USC... and he said there are 7 other teams who have the same gripe.

He might be right, but tough to hear.

2. tante

tante Club Member Club Member

I understand the out of conference schedule part, but I don't get the 8-8 in conference. there are plenty of teams that went .500 in their conference in the tourney and some not as tough as the Big 12.

3. GoBuffs!!

GoBuffs!! Active Member

I dont get all the gripe over OOC SOS, what about the overall SOS? Teams that play in good conferences dont need strong OOC SOS, since they will get their SOS up with in conference play. Now if we were Gonzaga, that would be a different story.

4. BuffNut99

BuffNut99 Club Member Club Member

I heard him too. He made some valid points, but he also acted like the Buffs had no business in the conversation. He also failed to mention that several teams who made it in had serious blemishes. "(Colorado's) resume is a classic NIT resume." He kept saying "(CU) went 8-8 in the Big 12, I mean come on" as if Missouri didn't also, or 3 teams from the Big East (went .500), or 4 from the Big 10.

I thikn the guy happened to be correct about the Buffs, but that doesn't make him right.

5. buff4bcs1985

buff4bcs1985 Hail to the King

**** him I hope he gets syphilis

6. tante

tante Club Member Club Member

so the announcers didn't ask him the same questions that we are posting here?

7. BehindEnemyLines

BehindEnemyLines beware the habu Club Member

He can't. His name is Hairy Palm.

8. buff4bcs1985

buff4bcs1985 Hail to the King

Fine I hope he gets psorasis of the dick

9. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

Yeah, like I said in the "Vent" thread, the guy made me want to drive my car into a brick wall. I liked the guy that followed him. He was saying that the RPI is an atiquated relic from 1981 that was developed by the NCAA. He said the RPI predates the CD player which no one has used for 10 years, :lol: To him, the RPI is very rudementary and does not come close to telling the true story. But he mentioned that Jay Bilas was probably correct when he said the committee probably got down to the last few bubble teams and just said, "screw it" and went off the RPI, not really vetting out the final teams based on all the facts and information.

10. Junction

Junction Moderator Club Member

UAB and VCU showed they can lose to worse teams than CU did. The only difference with them is that they didn't show they can beat the top teams CU did.

The fact that they did better than .500 in conferences that are much weaker than the Big XII doesn't really mean **** to me.

11. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

By Jerry Palm's logic, only about 45 teams should have been selected and the rest thrown out. I wish Vic and Gary would have told him that.

12. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

ahhh. the valdez logic.

13. TDforTD

TDforTD Banned BANNED Club Member

USC lost to Bradley, TCU, and Oregon State who barely felt like a division 1 school back when Colorado played them :/

14. pwbuffan

pwbuffan Member

Why doesn't he look at his own conference the Big 10? Half of those teams do not deserve to be in it.

15. CarolinaBuff

CarolinaBuff Weekend Poster Club Member

Why isn't he or anyone else mentioning Clemson? I'd put USC in before Clemson, so the USC pick doesn't bother me quite as much. BC even has as good a case as Clemson yet they weren't even in most of the snub discussions.

16. Mick Ronson

Mick Ronson Well-Known Member

he's right in his way.

it's not about who's better, it's about the stat measures.

rip me all you want, but it's been like that for years. and we got screwed playing the schedule of a coach who was scheduling to keep his job padding OOC wins.

end of story.

17. TDforTD

TDforTD Banned BANNED Club Member

Several people have been mentioning Clemson, including Doug Gottlieb. That's part of why the "snub" seems so silly. If people say CU didn't beat anyone good ooc, then neither did Clemson (they didn't beat anyone good all year really). If people say CU had bad losses, USC had worse.

At this point, the committee essentially recognizes that they snubbed CU, they're just arguing that they feel they had a legitimate purpose behind it which was to signify how important it is to them for teams to schedule top 50 rpi teams ooc. Anyone arguing that it's not a snub is trying too hard to be the guy with the different opinion, which is what Palm is up to :D

Last edited: Mar 15, 2011
  18. BuffAlum2007

BuffAlum2007 Well-Known Member

USC had some good wins, but they also had some terrible losses...if you lose by 20 at home to Rider (RIDER!), and follow that up with a loss to Bradley...you better do a damn good job digging out of that hole, and I don't think they did...Clemson's schedule was very ho-hum...no bad losses, but no particularly great wins either...

19. CarolinaBuff

CarolinaBuff Weekend Poster Club Member

Rider isn't all that bad but yea USC had a few nice wins. The thing about Clemson is they play in a weaker conference than the Big 12 and were only 2 games above .500. And apparently the committee didn't notice that ACC semifinal on Saturday afternoon when Clemson completely gave that game away.

20. SuperD

SuperD Club Member Club Member

USC apparently got more brownie points for their win at home against Texas than we did because it was OOC. Interestingly their other big OOC games were Big 12 games against NU (L, that we beat once) and Kansas (who we both lost to). Its not our fault that the Big 12 gave us OSU for our Pac 10-Big 12 challenge game. I think USC's proximity to the largest television market in the country had a lot more to do with their inclusion over other bubble teams than the merits of the comparative resumes.

21. BehindEnemyLines

BehindEnemyLines beware the habu Club Member