What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Anyone Concerned we have 11 commits

I don't think we should offer scholarships until a week or two before signing day. These kids need to prove themselves. Umm. Dammit!

I don't think we should offer scholarships until a week or two before signing day. These kids need to prove themselves. Umm. Dammit!

Wtf does that have to do with stripper glitter? Talk about threadjacking. Jezz DBT.

I didn't want to dedicate a thread to this so I'll post it in the thread. This probably deserves to be in a dumbass thread like this :wink2:

I heard CJ mention something about Hawkins' recruiting that had never been made public: Hawkins made a decision to only recruit players from two parent families. CJ was so pissed that, at the time, he went up to Hawkins and voiced his objection. CJ felt it was akin to racism. Were any of you aware of this?

Last edited:
I didn't want to dedicate a thread to this so I'll post it in the thread. This probably deserves to be in a dumbass thread like this :wink2: I heard CJ mention something about Hawkins' recruiting that had never been made public: Hawkins made a decision to only recruit players from two parent families. CJ was so pissed that, at the time, he went up to Hawkins and voiced his objection. CJ felt it was akin to racism. Were any of you aware of this?

Wow, if true.

I didn't want to dedicate a thread to this so I'll post it in the thread. This probably deserves to be in a dumbass thread like this :wink2:

I heard CJ mention something about Hawkins' recruiting that had never been made public: Hawkins made a decision to only recruit players from two parent families. CJ was so pissed that, at the time, he went up to Hawkins and voiced his objection. CJ felt it was akin to racism. Were any of you aware of this?

Not the first time I've heard this. Hawkins had very rigid views on what background he felt created the psychology of a Hawkins player. I'll leave it at that.

I doubt he would fabricate it. Now, maybe it was Hawkins' preference and not policy. I don't know.

I don't think he would fabricate it either but that is some serious ****. I'm a bastard. No really a true bastard so this really offends me.

Im so glad that ****er is gone, I had never heard about that and it offends me as well. I guess my son wouldnt be good enough for the Hawk either, Thank God for that.

The Hawkins views on two-parent families were reported with direct quotes a few years ago. I remember the board wondering why the hell he would make the comments, let alone make them publicly.

I seem to recall this being revealed just after he was fired. He was and is a buttscud (usually a term of endearment reserved for fuskers)

The Hawkins views on two-parent families were reported with direct quotes a few years ago. I remember the board wondering why the hell he would make the comments, let alone make them publicly.

These came out in 08 or 09 I believe, way before he was fired

The more I read about Hawkins, the more he seems bat **** crazy. I guess those Boise State players had it right when they publicly stated that Hawkins was holding them back and they couldn't "take the next step" with him running the show.

it's a ridiculous comment that borders on eugenics theory. it's stupid.

my parents are divorced and they are both good people who didn't want to be married anymore. they made a change and are both a lot happier than when i was in my teens and they were fighting all the time. My sister and I have both done pretty well for ourselves, imo.

I won't miss Dan's moralizing or "you guys know me", "I'm the kind of guy....", "aw shucks" fake bull****.

when i walk past the Dal in the AM these days....i feel like we might play some football instead of being a national freakshow. while Embree has a lot to prove IMO and i don't think it happens right away, i like that feeling.

Last edited:
The more I read about Hawkins, the more he seems bat **** crazy. I guess those Boise State players had it right when they publicly stated that Hawkins was holding them back and they couldn't "take the next step" with him running the show.
Was that before or after we hired DII?

Was that before or after we hired DII?

My recollection is that those comments/sentiments about Hawkins were expressed by the BSU players almost immediately after his hiring. They weren't really sour grapes comments either IMO, more matter of fact comments like they knew something that we didn't. I dunno, perhaps I'm reading more into it now that I have a jaundiced eye from the debacle that occurred here.

I didn't want to dedicate a thread to this so I'll post it in the thread. This probably deserves to be in a dumbass thread like all of them :wink2:

FIFY

That is unbelievable. Every time I think Hawkins couldn't have been any dumber, something like this shows up and proves me wrong. ::SIGH::

The more I think about this, I feel I did know it happened but managed to block it from memory

My recollection is that those comments/sentiments about Hawkins were expressed by the BSU players almost immediately after his hiring. They weren't really sour grapes comments either IMO, more matter of fact comments like they knew something that we didn't. I dunno, perhaps I'm reading more into it now that I have a jaundiced eye from the debacle that occurred here.
If anybody knew what he was, Id think BSU players would know better than anyone. They were right. The more I hear D2 was in over his head, the more I believe that was the case. No identity, no discipline in our play the whole time he was here. Maybe you can get away with drawing up plays in the sand hoping they will work at Boise. You cant do that **** consistently at a big conference.

Back