What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Anyone Else Notice

Since we're talking about our beautiful state flag, a little trivia is in order -

Rep to the first person who can tell me what all the colors in the Colorado Flag represent.

i would guess that the blue is for the sky, the white for the snow and the yellow for all the sunshine.

cant think what the red is for....:confused:

i just googled it so i would be cheating. im too honest for that.:cool::smile2:

Then why does it say "Most Admired Poster" under your name??? :confused:

:smile2:

Didn't notice the flags on the helmets during the game, but I think it's a great idea. If enough people pick up on it and it reinforces the fact that the team, and the University, represent the state of Colorado and not just the town of Boulder, it might help with solving a few issues.... :thumbsup:

Maybe if you think of what "Colorado" literally means, you will be a little closer...

:doh:

Ok, I take back the blood thing and I'll go for the red being for the Spanish language meaning of the name of the state. :smile2:

Si. Actually, I believe the state gets its name from the river, which was named for the color of the earth that the gives the river its hue. I think the state officially claims that red simply represents the earth.

:doh:

Ok, I take back the blood thing and I'll go for the red being for the Spanish language meaning of the name of the state. :smile2:

Closer. Colo - rojo. It's for the reddish soil - Think Flat Irons, Garden of the Gods, that famous natural ampatheatre by Morrison, Colorado Plateau and tint of the water flowing in the namesake river.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back