1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone else noticed that Kansas is going to get absolutely destroyed next year?

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by RalphieMalph, Jun 1, 2008.

1. RalphieMalph

RalphieMalph Well-Known Member

Well, I'm certifiably bored off my ass so I spent some time this afternoon looking at the upcoming football schedules for Big XII teams. One thing that definitely became clear to me: The Kansas Jayhawks are going to get absolutely pummeled this year, and frequently at that.

Check this schedule:

Florida International
    Louisiana Tech
    at South Florida
    Sam Houston State
    <week off>
    at Iowa State
    Colorado
    at Oklahoma
    Texas Tech

Kansas State
    at Stinkoln
    Texas
    <week off>
    at Missouri

I've bolded the games that appear (at least to me) to be highly probable losses. Looking at it that way, if they fail to pull a major upset but manage to win all of the games that they should (FIU, L Tech, SHS, ISU) and could (CU, KjSU, Neb) win, they only come out of the season with 7 wins to show for their efforts.

Personally, I think they split the games against CU and ISU (who I think will be two of the most improved programs in the Big XII), and lose to the Bugeaters (they've only got about 76 reasons to be circling that game on their schedule), leaving them with a 5-7 mark on the year. Thoughts?

2. Idot Buff

Idot Buff Club Member Club Member

Don't underestimate the fat man.....

3. jjbuffs13

jjbuffs13 Well-Known Member

South Florida is nothing it was in recent years with Groethe gone and Smith (the RB, I think). The Bulls are heading back to the bottom, where they used to be, however, KU will suffer tremendously next year, so much for a nat'l title

4. Keesy9

Keesy9 New Member

Groethe is a RSjunior this year and the running back is Mike Ford, who is a sophomore this season.

http://www.gousfbulls.com/SportSele...00&SORT_ORDER=2&Q_SEASON=2008&PRINTABLE_PAGE=

5. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Not only that, but Selvie is still there. Last I checked, he's a potential first rounder. South Florida is going to stick around because they play in a conference that isn't exactly stacked with great teams from top to bottom.

6. Liver

Liver modded mod Club Member Junta Member

that qb, reesing, will keep them in some games and mangina is good enough that they won't beat themselves. their problem has always been talent. they are decently enough coached and their schedule is mangeable.

Florida International--- win
    Louisiana Tech-- loss
    at South Florida-- loss
    Sam Houston State--- win
    <week off>
    at Iowa State-- win
    Colorado-- loss
    at Oklahoma--- loss
    Texas Tech-- win
    Kansas State-- win
    at Stinkoln-- loss
    Texas-- loss
    <week off>
    at Missouri-- loss

so, that gives them 6-6 in my book. they had a dream year last season. if they had more bodies, they'd be dangerous. the problem that they have in the north is that mizzery, the fuskers, and CU all have more athletes. kjuco state and isu aren't far behind them either.

7. RalphieMalph

How in the world do you have them beating Texas Tech and losing to Louisiana Tech? :wow:

8. CarolinaBuff

CarolinaBuff Weekend Poster Club Member

8-4 is the best they can hope for, but I'd peg them for 6-6 or 7-5. Their schedule was incredibly favorable last year, both in and out of conference.

9. BIGREDIOWAN

BIGREDIOWAN Well-Known Member

I agree that their schedule was easier last season than this season. They will still do well, but I think they'll go 7-5 at best.

10. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

I've got two bags of Nacho Cheese Doritos that syas KU wins no more than 7 games this year.

11. Liver

b/c i think they will be inconsistent and drop one they are supposed to win and vice-versa.

so, i basically semi-randomly picked those 2 games.

12. Junction

Junction Moderator Club Member

Actually, that gives them 5-7. Are you sure you don't want to throw La Tech back in the win column?? :smile2:

13. Liver

hey! it is the new math!!!! :smile2:

la tech, whatever!

i think ku looks like approximately a .500 team on paper. unfortunately, lots of pundits think CU looks like a .500 team on paper too.

14. SanDiegoBuff

SanDiegoBuff Club Member Club Member

Those cupcakes sure helped them through a schedule without any of the big 3 South Division schools. I'm not so sure 4 1-AA teams will do much to prepare them for Texas, Oklahoma and Texas Tech.

Their one 'solid' win last year, which unfortunately came in a bowl game, was over Va Tech, and Va Tech wasn't that good last year, they were still riding their reputation from the previous years.

15. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

I would call their win at CU a solid win. They held off CU time and time again in that game. CU should have won it, but KU wouldn't allow it.

16. Duff Man

We finished 6-7 last year. I'm not sure that qualifies as a "solid win."

17. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

Point taken. Still, it was at CU and KU hadn't been tested up until that point. They were blowing people out left and right. CU was the first game where they had to respond to another team that was not letting them run away with it.

18. Highflyer

Highflyer Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Not to mention they never win in Boulder, last year was their 6th win in Boulder since the Big7/8/12 was started in 1947

19. Duff Man

True. That game frustrated me to no end. Between Hugh fumbling inside the red zone and Sprague dropping a couple passes, we really made it a lot easier for KU.

20. JimmyBuff

JimmyBuff Well-Known Member

Is that mean we are actually going to beat Kansas this year in football?

21. RalphieMalph

I'm confident that KU will split their games with Iowa State and Colorado, though honestly I'm not certain which one of those teams will hang an L on them.

22. Cornh8er

Cornh8er Well-Known Member

hey hooligan, **** off:smile2:

23. The Monk

The Monk Club Member Club Member

I only see OU and Mizzou as for sure losses for them. I don't think they were as good as their record implied last year, but I defiantly don't see them crashing down.