What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Anyone else noticed that Kansas is going to get absolutely destroyed next year?

RalphieMalph

Well, I'm certifiably bored off my ass so I spent some time this afternoon looking at the upcoming football schedules for Big XII teams. One thing that definitely became clear to me: The Kansas Jayhawks are going to get absolutely pummeled this year, and frequently at that.

Check this schedule:

Florida International
Louisiana Tech
at South Florida
Sam Houston State
<week off>
at Iowa State
Colorado
at Oklahoma
Texas Tech

Kansas State
at Stinkoln
Texas
<week off>
at Missouri

I've bolded the games that appear (at least to me) to be highly probable losses. Looking at it that way, if they fail to pull a major upset but manage to win all of the games that they should (FIU, L Tech, SHS, ISU) and could (CU, KjSU, Neb) win, they only come out of the season with 7 wins to show for their efforts.

Personally, I think they split the games against CU and ISU (who I think will be two of the most improved programs in the Big XII), and lose to the Bugeaters (they've only got about 76 reasons to be circling that game on their schedule), leaving them with a 5-7 mark on the year. Thoughts?

Well, I'm certifiably bored off my ass so I spent some time this afternoon looking at the upcoming football schedules for Big XII teams. One thing that definitely became clear to me: The Kansas Jayhawks are going to get absolutely pummeled this year, and frequently at that.

Check this schedule:

Florida International
Louisiana Tech
at South Florida
Sam Houston State
<week off>
at Iowa State
Colorado
at Oklahoma
Texas Tech

Kansas State
at Stinkoln
Texas
<week off>
at Missouri

I've bolded the games that appear (at least to me) to be highly probable losses. Looking at it that way, if they fail to pull a major upset but manage to win all of the games that they should (FIU, L Tech, SHS, ISU) and could (CU, KjSU, Neb) win, they only come out of the season with 7 wins to show for their efforts.

Personally, I think they split the games against CU and ISU (who I think will be two of the most improved programs in the Big XII), and lose to the Bugeaters (they've only got about 76 reasons to be circling that game on their schedule), leaving them with a 5-7 mark on the year. Thoughts?
Don't underestimate the fat man.....

South Florida is nothing it was in recent years with Groethe gone and Smith (the RB, I think). The Bulls are heading back to the bottom, where they used to be, however, KU will suffer tremendously next year, so much for a nat'l title

that qb, reesing, will keep them in some games and mangina is good enough that they won't beat themselves. their problem has always been talent. they are decently enough coached and their schedule is mangeable.

Florida International--- win
Louisiana Tech-- loss
at South Florida-- loss
Sam Houston State--- win
<week off>
at Iowa State-- win
Colorado-- loss
at Oklahoma--- loss
Texas Tech-- win
Kansas State-- win
at Stinkoln-- loss
Texas-- loss
<week off>
at Missouri-- loss

so, that gives them 6-6 in my book. they had a dream year last season. if they had more bodies, they'd be dangerous. the problem that they have in the north is that mizzery, the fuskers, and CU all have more athletes. kjuco state and isu aren't far behind them either.

that qb, reesing, will keep them in some games and mangina is good enough that they won't beat themselves. their problem has always been talent. they are decently enough coached and their schedule is mangeable.

Louisiana Tech-- loss
at South Florida-- loss
Sam Houston State--- win
<week off>
at Iowa State-- win
Colorado-- loss
at Oklahoma--- loss
Texas Tech-- win
Kansas State-- win
at Stinkoln-- loss
Texas-- loss
<week off>
at Missouri-- loss

so, that gives them 6-6 in my book. they had a dream year last season. if they had more bodies, they'd be dangerous. the problem that they have in the north is that mizzery, the fuskers, and CU all have more athletes. kjuco state and isu aren't far behind them either.

How in the world do you have them beating Texas Tech and losing to Louisiana Tech? :wow:

8-4 is the best they can hope for, but I'd peg them for 6-6 or 7-5. Their schedule was incredibly favorable last year, both in and out of conference.

I agree that their schedule was easier last season than this season. They will still do well, but I think they'll go 7-5 at best.

I've got two bags of Nacho Cheese Doritos that syas KU wins no more than 7 games this year.

How in the world do you have them beating Texas Tech and losing to Louisiana Tech? :wow:

b/c i think they will be inconsistent and drop one they are supposed to win and vice-versa.

so, i basically semi-randomly picked those 2 games.

Louisiana Tech-- loss
at South Florida-- loss
Sam Houston State--- win
<week off>
at Iowa State-- win
Colorado-- loss
at Oklahoma--- loss
Texas Tech-- win
Kansas State-- win
at Stinkoln-- loss
Texas-- loss
<week off>
at Missouri-- loss

Actually, that gives them 5-7. Are you sure you don't want to throw La Tech back in the win column?? :smile2:

Actually, that gives them 5-7. Are you sure you don't want to throw La Tech back in the win column?? :smile2:

hey! it is the new math!!!! :smile2:

la tech, whatever!

i think ku looks like approximately a .500 team on paper. unfortunately, lots of pundits think CU looks like a .500 team on paper too.

Those cupcakes sure helped them through a schedule without any of the big 3 South Division schools. I'm not so sure 4 1-AA teams will do much to prepare them for Texas, Oklahoma and Texas Tech.

Their one 'solid' win last year, which unfortunately came in a bowl game, was over Va Tech, and Va Tech wasn't that good last year, they were still riding their reputation from the previous years.

Those cupcakes sure helped them through a schedule without any of the big 3 South Division schools. I'm not so sure 4 1-AA teams will do much to prepare them for Texas, Oklahoma and Texas Tech.

Their one 'solid' win last year, which unfortunately came in a bowl game, was over Va Tech, and Va Tech wasn't that good last year, they were still riding their reputation from the previous years.

I would call their win at CU a solid win. They held off CU time and time again in that game. CU should have won it, but KU wouldn't allow it.

I would call their win at CU a solid win. They held off CU time and time again in that game. CU should have won it, but KU wouldn't allow it.

We finished 6-7 last year. I'm not sure that qualifies as a "solid win."

We finished 6-7 last year. I'm not sure that qualifies as a "solid win."

Point taken. Still, it was at CU and KU hadn't been tested up until that point. They were blowing people out left and right. CU was the first game where they had to respond to another team that was not letting them run away with it.

Point taken. Still, it was at CU and KU hadn't been tested up until that point. They were blowing people out left and right. CU was the first game where they had to respond to another team that was not letting them run away with it.

Not to mention they never win in Boulder, last year was their 6th win in Boulder since the Big7/8/12 was started in 1947

True. That game frustrated me to no end. Between Hugh fumbling inside the red zone and Sprague dropping a couple passes, we really made it a lot easier for KU.

I only see OU and Mizzou as for sure losses for them. I don't think they were as good as their record implied last year, but I defiantly don't see them crashing down.

Back