What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Anyone else suddenly feeling giddy about OL?

boydbuff

Club Member
Club Member
If it is true that we now have Callahan and Holland, both of whom could be eligible and push for starting time in 2014 if the chips fall the right way, my outlook on the OL just changed substantially. We also have Wiefels joining soon too.

Assuming Bobo stays eligible, Sefo stays healthy, Fields comes ready to play, I think our offense might actually be good after all. I am also going to throw in Dylan K. coming in a little stronger and ready to play b/c I think he will push for major PT in 2014 too.

Not sure that I would expect Holland to be a starter or even really push for a starting role on the interior OL this year, but it is nice to have him on the roster to develop him for the future.

Pretty early in the book to be at the giddy point, but I am glad to have another linemen. One from Colorado and Valor Christian at that. Good news.

I'm a long way from feeling giddy. :lol:

I see Holland as another example of the program heading in the right direction, though. Finally signed someone from Valor and we're getting closer to building that wall around the state for OLs. Not there yet, but definitely seeing progress.

Feeling good about a lot of what's going on.

Not sure that I would expect Holland to be a starter or even really push for a starting role on the interior OL this year, but it is nice to have him on the roster to develop him for the future.

Most accurate post here.

At least it looks like we are going to have players in future years to provide some legitimate competition for starting jobs instead of just trying to find five guys who won't embarrass us to badly.

When was the last time we had five starters on the OL who would have legitimately started for at least 2-3 other teams in our conference?

Most accurate post here.

At least it looks like we are going to have players in future years to provide some legitimate competition for starting jobs instead of just trying to find five guys who won't embarrass us to badly.

When was the last time we had five starters on the OL who would have legitimately started for at least 2-3 other teams in our conference?

2007?

That valor line has to be one of the most dominate in colorado prep history. Only other one I can think of that had as much size was the Mullen line with Brian Daniels

Giddy? No. Optimistic? Yes. I'll be giddy once we have a starting five that consists of juniors and seniors, with three classes of talented players waiting for their chance.

First two games of the year will tell me whether we're on the right track. If the OL stands strong against two lower conference teams as any of our Pac-12 mates would do then it's at least a step up from 2009 and 2012 CSU among other season-opening disappointments. Win the trenches out of conference and we at least have something positive on which to build.

Not to be an ass but EVERYONE we have recently scored is an underclassman - this may spell better news for us in 2-3 years but it changes next to nothing for next year. We still have the same top-7 we had. Even 1 or 2 stellar additions to that do not change the fact we have a long way to go and we no longer ave a guy who can take the top off of a defense at WR.

All of the recent news is good news but common next to none of the incoming guys have played 1 snap in college.

Not to be an ass but EVERYONE we have recently scored is an underclassman - this may spell better news for us in 2-3 years but it changes next to nothing for next year. We still have the same top-7 we had. Even 1 or 2 stellar additions to that do not change the fact we have a long way to go and we no longer ave a guy who can take the top off of a defense at WR.

All of the recent news is good news but common next to none of the incoming guys have played 1 snap in college.
So, you're not giddy?

Any way we slice it, the team will be breaking in multiple new starters on the oline. It takes time to build a cohesive unit - build the communication and trust needed for effective line play.

I kinda think they may struggle early. jmho

So we can't just be happy that the program is on the upswing and we are starting to get guys the last two coaching staffs couldn't even dream about getting?

So we can't just be happy that the program is on the upswing and we are starting to get guys the last two coaching staffs couldn't even dream about getting?

The question wasn't whether we are happy about getting some good OL, though. Was it? It was whether we are giddy. I'm not giddy about the OL.

I am definitely feeling more optimistic about the status of the line than I have been in a long time. We will have to see who comes in ready to earn a spot this fall. Holland needs to get working with McChesney ASAP.

It seems as though we may finally be building quality depth on the oline. Many of these guys won't see the field for a bit, but we are starting to bring in better and better players. If we can get Lynott and a couple of the others we've targeted our oline is going to look pretty good in a few years.

As to this year, I expect the oline to blow. Hopefully by the end of the year they start looking better and young guys get good PT for next year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Giddy was dumb...but then it always goes south in these kind of threads
Poor Boyd has been on an emotional roller coaster ride that most of us could see ourselves caught up in - There but for the grace of God and all. When the Buffs start competing for PAC championships, his ship will likely be righted, and our pity will redirected at someone like Fatty, whose bouts of shear giddiness are punctuated by suicidal thoughts. We just can't start judging each other here at AllBuffs, what would we become?

Edit: To the OP - are you nuts? There's nothing to be giddy about yet! Definitely more optimistic, though.

Last edited:
Poor Boyd has been on an emotional roller coaster ride that most of us could see ourselves caught up in - There but for the grace of God and all. When the Buffs start competing for PAC championships, his ship will likely be righted, and our pity will redirected at someone like Fatty, whose bouts of shear giddiness are punctuated by suicidal thoughts. We just can't start judging each other here at AllBuffs, what would we become?

Edit: To the OP - are you nuts? There's nothing to be giddy about yet! Definitely more optimistic, though.

I love the way that people rationalize their overzealous cheerleading by suggesting that those who aren't willing to blindly consider that we are on the way to P12 championships are only negative. Keep in mind, the two recruits that have lead to this outpouring of giddiness are the result of situations that have little to do with the staff's recruiting prowess. To the poster that suggested we are now getting recruits that the previous two staffs could only dream of, I encourage you to review the initial classes of Danny Hawkins. That ought to sober you up a little.

Back