1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone get a good view of the holding call on our last drive?

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Buffnik, Sep 10, 2011.

1. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

I didn't have a good view of it from my seat.

My opinion is that you don't make the call in that situation unless it's a blatant hold (grabbing a guy on the outside of his jersey and pulling him off the play). Was that the case on this one? Also, who did they throw the flag on?

2. Junction

Junction Moderator Club Member

The flag was on Miller, and it was called after Speedy was about 5 yards downfield. He kind of reached out and got an arm on either side of the DE. Technically probably a good holding call, but also probably a call that could be made about 15 times in any given game.

3. buff4bcs1985

buff4bcs1985 Hail to the King

i was on the side of the field it appeared to be tau from our end and he bear hugged him

4. Goose

Goose Hoops Moderator Club Member Junta Member

It was a hold, and it was Miller. I'm biased, so I might have swallowed the whistle there considering the situation, but it was a hold.

EDIT - and Junction beats me to it and with a much better answer.

5. Buffnik

Thanks, guys.

How about the pass interference they got Henderson for?

You don't have to turn for the ball in college like you have to in the NFL. But you can't run into the receiver before the ball gets there. Was that a good call? I couldn't tell if they went ticky tack on good college coverage or if he interfered.

6. White_Rabbit

White_Rabbit Club Member Club Member

It was on Miller and he had his hands on the shoulder pads. Definitely a call where they could've easily overlooked it as I'm not sure how much it impacted the play. Speedy was already blowing by them and on his way to the end zone.

7. Junction

Junction Moderator Club Member

Henderson never turned for the ball, and that probably made the call inevitable. But whether he made contact before the ball arrived was much less clear to me.

The bad part of that call was when they tried to rule it was a catch by Cal. Ray Polk caught the ball on the deflection.... :lol:

8. White_Rabbit

White_Rabbit Club Member Club Member

In that case, I'd say it was a bad call then. Henderson was in great position and the WR tried to jump over him and try to catch the ball. I thought it was a legit call because refs always call it on DBs if they don't turn their head, but if that's not supposed to occur in college, then that was a dumb call.

9. Quattro

Quattro Banned BANNED Club Member

Looked very ticky tacky and looked like he didn't touch him until the Cal wide out had touched the ball.

10. Buffnik

There's no rule against face guarding in college football. It's only a penalty if contact is made with an eligible receiver while the ball is in the air. Unless they changed it for this year, but I didn't see anything.

11. buff4bcs1985

buff4bcs1985 Hail to the King

as bad of a call as the roughing the passer on the double pass... how is the qb not a running back on a double pass... it was a lateral... if the qb gets blown up on an option pitch... its not roughing the passer... and if it was roughing the passer then it would also be an illegal forward pass on the cal guy for throwing it across the field

Last edited: Sep 10, 2011
  12. buffaholic

buffaholic Club Member Club Member

Chiming in, Miller held.

Henderson call - 50/50. Touch call either way.