What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Anyone going to the Boulder Buff Club luncheon tomorrow?

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
It's at Balch Fieldhouse from 11:45 to 1. I just did the online registration ($32). Anyone else going?

The conditions of my restraining order prevent me from being anywhere within 100 feet of Dan Hawkins.

The conditions of my restraining order prevent me from being anywhere within 100 feet of Dan Hawkins.

I just wish you could accept that he is a married man and doesn't swing that way. You need to move on, man.

This might be your last chance to trot out that powder blue leisure suit.

Showing up to a Buff Club luncheon in a powder blue leisure suit would be ****ing epic!

It was a nice event. Pretty much packed Balch.

Kiesau and Collins each diagrammed a play and then showed film on how what's drawn up translates to the field against different looks. I thought it was cool, but I think it may have been a bit too technical for the crowd. Collins did say that they've got to be better than last year and that they've been working their tails off to make that happen. I've been hard on the guy, but I do believe he is accountable and cares deeply. I just don't think he's got what it takes.

Bohn went out of his way to compliment Benson, DiStefano and the Regents. He even went so far as to deflect any personal credit for the Pac-12 move and give them all the credit. Class move and great political move. Good job, Bohn! He also extended the olive branch to Hawkins, saying that he made some important changes to staff and practice schedule, among other things, to get this going in the right direction this year.

Bohn also brought up the important relationship between CU athletics and the Boudler Chamber, which was a sponsor of the event. Bohn said that Boulder downtown restaurants got a 40% bump when the Pearl Street Stampede is held.

Bohn has really done a great job there and on moving the coach's show to Boulder in order to enhance community relations. It's paying off. When Bohn was introduced, the construction project at the CEC, the Pac-12 move and some other highlights were brought up. He got the biggest ovation of the day. Bohn's definitely popular with the Buff Club, Buff Belles and Boulder Chamber.

Hawkins was more understated, but in a good way. Still some typical Hawkins stuff about bringing in a group that climbed Everest and having them address the team. How to get to the summit, it's a step-by-step process of climbing up, then being forced to backtrack, going in stages until you get there. He said that the Buffs will summit this year. He was actually pretty intense about saying that we will like our team this year. He seems legitimately confident this year. Not "rah-rah" confidence. Definitely the matter-of-fact type of confidence that comes across as much more sincere and has me believing.

Jalil Brown finished up. He talked about his years at CU, his development as a player and person, and how this is the most talented team they have had. On defense, he did compare with the 2007 team. Specifically mentioned Jimmy Smith and Michael Sipili. Talked about how matching up with Patterson, Scotty, Toney, Speedy and Tyler every day is a challenge and that he wouldn't want to have to play the Buffs this year.

All in all a good time. Glad I went. I'll probably do the weekly coaches lunches this year. Anyone else go to those?

Forgot to mention that Bohn also said season ticket sales were coming on and it looks like we'll be around 21,000 this year.

All in all a good time. Glad I went. I'll probably do the weekly coaches lunches this year. Anyone else go to those?

I never miss a Denver Buff Club luncheon and will be at the rally tomorrow at the Denver Center for the Performing Arts. Haven't missed more than one or two luncheons since I graduated. I love the in site the coaches give into the team and the program. I especially appreciated when Hagan dropped his guard and started being real with told us what REALLY was going on with D Scott. And I have to say his stories about his recruiting process were hilarious, everything from Coach Mac in South Central LA to his trip to Stinkin' Lincoln! Some of the stuff that comes out of these luncheons you just can't get anywhere else. Oh, and Hawkins absolutely loosing his sh#t and screaming at the top of his lungs at 90 year old alumni (was that you DBT?) three luncheon in a row was classic back in 06 was classic! After witnessing that, I'm amazed every time I read that he lacks passion or doesn't coach with emotion. Count me in for the Denver luncheons again this year!

Showing up to a Buff Club luncheon in a powder blue leisure suit would be ****ing epic!

Powder Blue, baby!
blue-tuxedo-suit.jpg

I'll start going to the luncheons again once Hawkins is gone. Even if he starts winning and manages to keep his job, I can't stand the sound of his voice. Constantly throwing out idotic cliches and moronic anecdotes. Climbing Mount Everest my ass. Just go win some damn games, jackass.

[/rant]

Bohn may deflect a lot of the credit for the move to the Pac, but it's not like he was a wallflower in the process, either. I'm sure he had a great amount of influence in the decision. If he could just figure out how to hire a good football coach, he'd be the perfect AD.

Jalil Brown finished up. He talked about his years at CU, his development as a player and person, and how this is the most talented team they have had. On defense, he did compare with the 2007 team. Specifically mentioned Jimmy Smith and Michael Sipili. Talked about how matching up with Patterson, Scotty, Toney, Speedy and Tyler every day is a challenge and that he wouldn't want to have to play the Buffs this year.

This sounds encouraging coming from someone besides talkins.

Back