What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Anyone See Darrell Scott run at the Combine?

HAHAHA, nice! Check out his profile so far. 4.73 sec :wow:

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/darrell-scott?id=2533552

T
he summary does a good job of explaining it.

50-69Draftable Player4th-7thA prospect with the ability to make team as a backup/role player. Needs to be a special teams contributor at applicable positions. Players in the high range of this category might have long-term potential.

And he's leaving USF early? :rolling_eyes:

Actually nobody saw him run, a lot of people saw him waddle but nobody saw him run.

What a phenominal waste of potential.

2533552.jpg

No hate for the guy. He left us, but then again he would have just taken up a roster spot and would have never seen any meaningful playtime here anyway.

But this does reinforce a couple of points:
1. Relying on talent alone isn't a key to success. It helps, but you have to continue to improve yourself.
2. Life isn't fair. DS got an invite to the combine based on the rep of being the #1 RB 4 years ago. Meanwhile Speedy shows his willingness to bust his butt, but doesn't get an invite.

It sucks.

Really no hate for the guy. He just had so much potential. Sorry to see it go like this. I hope he does well in his future endeavors.

Imagine if we had EB on him, when he first came... AP28=DS2

Saif on Facebook his quad is hurt and that hurt him in the combine. Meh whatever, the dude shouldn't be at the combine.

How the ehck does he even get an invite to the combine??? He's done nothing in years!

No hate for the guy. He left us, but then again he would have just taken up a roster spot and would have never seen any meaningful playtime here anyway.

But this does reinforce a couple of points:
1. Relying on talent alone isn't a key to success. It helps, but you have to continue to improve yourself.
2. Life isn't fair. DS got an invite to the combine based on the rep of being the #1 RB 4 years ago. Meanwhile Speedy shows his willingness to bust his butt, but doesn't get an invite.

It sucks.

Do you really see Stewart as an NFL prospect?

Imagine if we had EB on him, when he first came... AP28=DS2

Not even close. Adrian Peterson is a freak of nature with attitude/work ethic to match. You could tell he was special the moment he stepped on the field for OU. Scott showed flashes, but you never saw "special" either.

Not even close. Adrian Peterson is a freak of nature with attitude/work ethic to match. You could tell he was special the moment he stepped on the field for OU. Scott showed flashes, but you never saw "special" either.
The doctors that did surgery on him agree with you. They said they have never quite seen a physical specimen like him, dude is just a machine.

D.Scott would have been the perfect inside RB for us last year. If only his head would have been screwed on straight and he could have avoided the injury bug.
Ughh...Wasted talent.

About 10X more than Scott, yes

Love speedy to death but he isn't going to play in the NFL. He is more quick than fast and goes down to easily on any kind of contact. He might have a chance as a third down back but doesn't do anything notable on special teams, not an effective returner and again not physical enough to play coverage.

Scott is the opposite. He is a big strong guy who "can" run through guys or around them. When he was in shape he was a very effective KO returner and has the physical atributes to contribute on other STs. His problem is between the ears, all a question of want to. If Scott had Speedy's attitude he would be a first rounder.

Some team may be very willing to spend a draft choice on Scott. They will figure that if they can coach him up and he gets his head together they could have a difference maker. If not he's another bust but worth a shot. Speedy at best will never be more than a marginal guy and teams are a lot less likely to draft him when there are bunches of guys like him available FA.

Mtn - are you aware how effective Stewart was a short yardage back?

Love speedy to death but he isn't going to play in the NFL. He is more quick than fast and goes down to easily on any kind of contact. He might have a chance as a third down back but doesn't do anything notable on special teams, not an effective returner and again not physical enough to play coverage.

Scott is the opposite. He is a big strong guy who "can" run through guys or around them. When he was in shape he was a very effective KO returner and has the physical atributes to contribute on other STs. His problem is between the ears, all a question of want to. If Scott had Speedy's attitude he would be a first rounder.

Some team may be very willing to spend a draft choice on Scott. They will figure that if they can coach him up and he gets his head together they could have a difference maker. If not he's another bust but worth a shot. Speedy at best will never be more than a marginal guy and teams are a lot less likely to draft him when there are bunches of guys like him available FA.

I never said he was actually. I just think if people think DS can play in the NFL, then Speedy should be considered to play in the NFL 10X more than Scott.

Scott is a terrible back

When I saw DS get run down from behind by a Toledo LB, I saw all I needed to see. I wish the guy well, but he is overrated. It happens.

When I saw DS get run down from behind by a Toledo LB, I saw all I needed to see. I wish the guy well, but he is overrated. It happens.

This. Add in his drama. You want to see DS run fast? Don't give him his way and he will be fast to run out of town. Did it in High School and did it in college. There is no doubt this trend will follow him to the next level. ****, I still can't believe we are talking about DS in the next level!:lol:

Last edited:
Back