What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Anyone who can confirm/deny this?

I wish he would have stayed.. I think Kai would make a SICK fullback.

I don't think they just handing out scolarships. And I don't think Kai was a mistake. On one hand, Kai WAS kind of a backup option at the last minute. He came in and did an amazing job for the time that he was here. Don't forget though, that it's a crapshoot with 18 year old kids. Kai came in and rocked it, the other guys they brought in weren't as big or as strong as Kai last year. They redshirted. The guys the redshirted grew bigger and stronger over the last year, enough to supplant Kai. Kai, from all accounts, was pretty much maxed out size and strength wise for his frame, he just didn't bulk up like the other guys, so they asked him to lose weight and be a fullback, and with his speed, at his size, that, I think, was the best option. Had he continued to grow and bulk up, or been 6 or so inches taller to carry more bulk, I have no doubt with his fire he'd be a 3 year starter on the OL (he'd leave early for the NFL LOL)

Also, there are guys coming in with this class, that are every bit his equal OL-wise, so he's not only competing against last years redshirts, but some top OL recruits in this class. Max TM is supposed to be a bigger stronger version of Kai with the same fight, Givens, by all accounts, is also ready to play as a frosh, though he probably won't.

i have a friend who knows givens. he said he is going to kill someone! nice. like on the field. me thinks.

i still think he woulda made a sweet fb. i wonder how moving to cali would help the financial part. still expensive to fly there from hawaii.

:puke:

Does anyone have a picture of Vickers destroying that CSU cornerback's soul during the 2004 (2005?) game? That picture is all anyone needs to know about Lawrence Vickers.

This is GoBuffs6839 avatar on Scout.com. :thumbsup:
GoBuffs6839.gif

This is GoBuffs6839 avatar on Scout.com. :thumbsup:
GoBuffs6839.gif

In a post game interview, Vickers said something along these lines: "He came up to hit me and I thought 'he must not have watched the game film of me'". Made me laugh...a lamb to the slaughter.

Also, if you watch it in super-slo-mo, you can actually see the CSU player's self-esteem departing his body. It's the small, transluscent, pink cloud that first appears near his chest and moves to the right of the screen.

Maybe Kai woulda stuck around if his family were set up with bank jobs in Boulder.

I don't know what Kai's family does for a living, but I can tell you that Maui is not a cheap place to live. Wailuku is the working class city on Maui, and the median home price is still around $400K. Everything there is expensive. Food, gas, electricity, water - you name it. I'm sure Kai's family gets a break being native Hawaiians, but that only goes so far.

Just the same, if he were transferring to UH, this reasoning would make more sense. If he's going to San Diego State, then there's something more to the story. He's not going to be able to do more for his family in San Diego than he could in Boulder.

If the Longmont Times-Call is right, then I stand by everything I said above. Sounds like Kai may be headed to SDSU.

And yes, I still firmly believe the coaches screwed the pooch. If the guys behind him are so good, let them beat him out. Frosh AA's don't grow on trees. Even if he had peaked, he was a damn good OL. I'm still a believer in Hawk and his coaches, but they got this one wrong, IMO.

You can fly direct from Denver to Hawaii, just like you can from California. Sounds like all the schools he's looking at are on the mainland.

http://www.timescall.com/sports_story.asp?ID=8193

If the Longmont Times-Call is right, then I stand by everything I said above. Sounds like Kai may be headed to SDSU.

And yes, I still firmly believe the coaches screwed the pooch. If the guys behind him are so good, let them beat him out. Frosh AA's don't grow on trees. Even if he had peaked, he was a damn good OL. I'm still a believer in Hawk and his coaches, but they got this one wrong, IMO.

You can fly direct from Denver to Hawaii, just like you can from California. Sounds like all the schools he's looking at are on the mainland.

One thing that folks are glossing over is the fact that Kai barely practiced all spring, regardless of position because of his MIP and grades. No matter his position he'd have been buried on the depth chart right now.

Really, that's your thought process? The whole reason they moved him to FB is because THE GUYS BEHIND HIM BEAT HIM OUT. It's not like the coaches just up and decided to move him to FB for the sake of moving him. They moved him because he'd already lost the job! This isn't the coaches screwing the pooch, this isn't someone leaving because they're fed up with the program, he wants to be closer to home and relatives on the west coast. This happens with every program, I wish him the best, but we've got plenty of players that are more than ready to fill the position, in fact, they already have.

The fact is that we'll never know for sure whether this was due to family issues, homesickness, academics or the position change.

As far as the difference between Boulder and SD (or someplace else in CA) you are being a bit blind if you don't see them. It's not just an airplane ride. Climate, culture, etc. Maybe he just wants to see palm trees. Maybe he doesn't like the snow.

At the end of the day, if whoever steps in at guard next year does well, we will all forget about this. I think we have some great linemen coming up in the program so I'm not too stressed.

Really, that's your thought process? The whole reason they moved him to FB is because THE GUYS BEHIND HIM BEAT HIM OUT. It's not like the coaches just up and decided to move him to FB for the sake of moving him. They moved him because he'd already lost the job! This isn't the coaches screwing the pooch, this isn't someone leaving because they're fed up with the program, he wants to be closer to home and relatives on the west coast. This happens with every program, I wish him the best, but we've got plenty of players that are more than ready to fill the position, in fact, they already have.

Sounds like he needs some easier academics, too, and SDSU certainly fits that bill.

Sounds like he needs some easier academics, too, and SDSU certainly fits that bill.

Yeah it does! That certainly doesn't hurt anything. There are also TONS of cheap flights between Hawaii and San Diego/LA every day, it does make it easier to get back.

I really think this is more about academics than anything else.

Yeah it does! That certainly doesn't hurt anything. There are also TONS of cheap flights between Hawaii and San Diego/LA every day, it does make it easier to get back.

Sorry, gotta call BS on this one. SAN/OGG round trip right now costs $856 compared to DEN/OGG which costs $785. It's actually cheaper to fly from Denver to Kahului than from San Diego to Kahului. (Kahului & Wailuku are basically the same town).

Anyone hear any word on Celestine? I hear he is gone...dont know how reliable that is but seems when there is smoke there is fire?

I'v heard he might transfer too. It hasn't happened yet but he has been screwing himself over by not getting the grades to practice and I don't think he has a great attitude. He did not play in spring game because of these reasons and it really pissed him off. If he leaves that would leave only 6? scholarship WRs on the team (Williams, McKnight, Simas, J-Fly, Blackmon, Vigo) in the fall, two of whom are true frosh. On the positive side this could help land some top tier receivers like Shaquelle Evans, Keenan Davis, Bryce McNeal ect.

Back