1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AP Source: LSU suspends Mathieu, Simon, Ware

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Bama Charlie, Oct 19, 2011.

1. Bama Charlie

Bama Charlie Well-Known Member

Word is they will be back for Bama and only sit out against the barn. It was testing positive for the fake pot stuff. You guys don't bother with that crap I bet.

AP Source: LSU suspends Mathieu, Simon, Ware
    By BRETT MARTEL, AP Sports Writer – 2 hours ago
    BATON ROUGE, La. (AP) — A person familiar with the decision says No. 1 LSU has suspended star cornerback Tyrann Mathieu, along with defensive back Tharold Simon and running back Spencer Ware for this Saturday's home game against Auburn.
    The person told The Associated Press about the suspensions on condition of anonymity on Wednesday because they have not been announced. LSU spokesman Michael Bonnette declined to confirm any punishment for the three players, saying only that they're involved in an internal matter that coach Les Miles "will handle accordingly."
    Mathieu has been one of the stars of the first half of the college football season. He has forced four fumbles, recovering three and returning two for scores. He also has two interceptions and 42 tackles including 1½ sacks.
    Mathieu has made so many big plays in nationally televised games, a grass-roots Heisman Trophy campaign sprouted for the hard-hitting 5-foot-9 defensive back nicknamed 'Honey Badger.'
    Ware is the leading rusher for the unbeaten Tigers with 512 yards and six touchdowns.
    Simon has one interception and 29 tackles.
    The Tigers have a week off after Saturday, and play No. 2 Alabama on Nov. 5 in what could be the biggest game of the regular season.
    LSU has already managed to stay unbeaten while dealing with the early season suspension.
    Quarterback Jordan Jefferson missed the first four games of the season, including matchups against Oregon and West Virginia, after he was involved in a bar fight.
    Jefferson, who was slated to start, was reinstated on Sept. 28 after a grand jury reduced his felony second-degree battery charge to a misdemeanor. He and Jarrett Lee have been sharing the quarterback job since he has returned.
    Receiver Russell Shepard missed the first three games because of an NCAA rules violation.
    LSU is a three-touchdown favorite at home against No. 19 Auburn, but the Alabama game is in Tuscaloosa.

2. Unleash Hell

Unleash Hell Well-Known Member

On a side note, I think the only difference between Bama and LSU will be home field. Bama will win because it's at home. It it were in Baton Rouge, I say LSU beats Bama.

3. Buffellow85

Buffellow85 Well-Known Member

Smoking fake pot is like drinking light beer, decaff coffee or smoking ultra light cig's....... why bother

4. sliderNcider

sliderNcider MacLovin Club Member

WTF is fake pot?

5. Unleash Hell

Unleash Hell Well-Known Member

I don't know, but I know some dealers in HS used to mix oregano into a little bit of pot for a little pot scam

6. 96 Buff

96 Buff Resident Commie Bastard Club Member Junta Member

Fake pot?

7. Bama Charlie

Chemicals similar to THC is sprayed on tobacco and legally sold down here. Made in China for the most point. Usually found at head shops. HTH. Biggest brand is called 'Spice'.

8. CU827

CU827 Well-Known Member

Are the chemicals corndog flavored?

9. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

I'd rather drink fake tequila.

10. 77buff

77buff Well-Known Member

If it's not the real thing, then what's the problem?

11. Bama Charlie

Apparently it is against team rules.

12. BuffUp

BuffUp W.T.T.F. Club Member

"You guys don't bother with that crap I bet" by bama charlie

dont hav to it's all medical here
    :thumbsup:

13. BuffUp

BuffUp W.T.T.F. Club Member

14. absinthe

absinthe Ambitious but rubbish. Club Member Junta Member

Not for stealing corn dogs?

15. BuffAlum2007

BuffAlum2007 Well-Known Member

I guess Honey Badger must now start giving a s***

btbuff likes this.
  16. btbuff

btbuff It's an inside joke Club Member

I would love to have heard the conversation in which they were convinced fake weed wouldn't show up on a drug screen.

17. Bama Charlie

Update
    Baton Rouge - Three LSU football players suspended for Saturday's game with Auburn will miss one game and return for the Nov. 5 game against Alabama, a source close to the situation said.Leading rusher Spencer Ware and cornerbacks Tyrann Mathieu and Tharold Simon, who tested positive for synthetic marijuana, will not dress out Saturday when the No. 1-ranked Tigers play No. 19 Auburn.
    Anonymous sources confirmed to the Times Picayune Wednesday that the three players would be suspended for the game. The LSU student newspaper, The Daily Reveille, first reported the suspensions of Ware and Mathieu.
    LSU Coach Les Miles in a press conference Wednesday declined to acknowledge the suspensions, or speak in detail about them. The players have met with Miles and been informed of their status.
    LSU has an open date next weekend before traveling to Tuscaloosa for what could be a battle of unbeaten teams ranked Nos. 1 and 2.

18. dply

dply Doble hoja Club Member