What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Apathy is Here - Point of No Return

Doesn't look like this year.

If we don't get some surprises to finish the class we need to fire some coaches and replace them with guys who can recruit.

I think the firing and replacing needs to be done about ten minutes after the Utah game IMO.

Of course no matter what I or anybody says, you will spin spin spin.
So you really have nothing as a response? Keep telling yourself that experience doesn't matter at all.

And while we're using one example to prove a point...2014 Utah

So you really have nothing as a response? Keep telling yourself that experience doesn't matter at all.

And while we're using one example to prove a point...2014 Utah

Cool. Hang your hat on this 2-10 season. You have been so wrong this whole season, it has been stunning. Your failure has only been matched by the team's. Yet you continuously call out folks who turn out to be CORRECT, as morons. Look in the mirror to see one. Spin spin spin your epic stupidity.

Except for a couple of you (and you know who you are), you are all a bunch of sour-puss, chicken-little, panicky, whining, and bitchy little girls. The team is playing much better than they were in the past few years, and are clearly on the upswing. Maybe you are not a bunch of bitchy little girls, maybe your are more like my border collie, who wants her ball NOW! My dog has no sense of patience. No sense that things that are worth having take time to develop. She wants instant gratification all the time, and so do you.

I was waiting for this post.

How is it working out for you? The name calling, I mean.

You certainly know how to set the stage for a productive conversation.

I watched quite a few games yesterday with teams that are where we would love to be. An most of them had some serious playmakers. Also, most of those serious playmakers were RS Juniors or Seniors.

It matters. We are growing and improving. First wave will be kids getting better without RS years (to appease the gotta have it now people who have to see progress). Then will come solid, although unspectacular junior and senior laden teams (starting lineups). With that comes wins, lower level bowl games, and then with true redshirts taken, eventually teams with many RS Juniors and Seniors and higher quality RS Sophomores backing them up. Right now we are still playing kids that needed a solid year to gain muscle and practice and watch, then a year of sporadic play while practicing and watching. We just are too bad to give them the time to develop like they need to. And with the years of Hawkins and Embree suckitude, we cannot attract the types of kids who are so great that they can skip those development years and play right now.

It just is what it is. We need at least one, probably two ace recruiters as coaches at CU. Start the pipeline of higher quality kids here, and since I think the ones we have now will be good enough for bowl games next year, please please please redshirt as many as possible and let them grow and learn without being thrown into the fire so quickly.

The other factor that has sucks for us is simply....the PAC has gotten better. Lots of senior QBs and the whole conference seems so up from 4 years ago it isn't funny. 4 years ago it was Stanford and Oregon and not much else (or seemed that way). Now...with everyone in the T25 but us in the south and several from the north in the T25, it is a daunting task. But things fluxuate, they will come down some as senior teams become sophomore teams for a season and we have to be built to take advantage of that. Make some waves, get some bowl game wins, and rebrand CU football for people who only remember the last ten years (if that).

MM is not RGs guy. So even if RG likes MM (and I can't imagine he doesn't), there certainly should be more power there for RG to go in on the Monday after the Utah game, sit with MM and say 'Ok, if you want two more years, what changes are you going to make?' I hope that happens as we need some changed to coaching. I don't think O coaches are the issue, not the biggest ones for sure. Need at RB coach. Period. Who can recruit his ass off. Then IMO, Baer is a huge liability. Jeffcoat too. Yes, both working without tools on the LB and DL front, but......the total lack of containment, tackling issues, and no push means so much time for the opposing QB to run his offense that it is a miracle we are not still getting beat by 30 every game. If we could lose just one of the two, I would rather lose Baer (end of career, nothing really to gain by being good) and find that non P5 DC who is working miracles and is a great recruiter to boot. We need that. Badly. Soon.

I like what what you suggest- new DC coordinator. RB coach. And I think it's really true that MM is not RG's hire. I like Mac2. I'm sure RG does too but RG needs to fill the seats and he could bring in his own guy if he wanted. I think those factors will help bring about any changes that need to happen.

I watched quite a few games yesterday with teams that are where we would love to be. An most of them had some serious playmakers. Also, most of those serious playmakers were RS Juniors or Seniors.

It matters. We are growing and improving. First wave will be kids getting better without RS years (to appease the gotta have it now people who have to see progress). Then will come solid, although unspectacular junior and senior laden teams (starting lineups). With that comes wins, lower level bowl games, and then with true redshirts taken, eventually teams with many RS Juniors and Seniors and higher quality RS Sophomores backing them up. Right now we are still playing kids that needed a solid year to gain muscle and practice and watch, then a year of sporadic play while practicing and watching. We just are too bad to give them the time to develop like they need to. And with the years of Hawkins and Embree suckitude, we cannot attract the types of kids who are so great that they can skip those development years and play right now.

It just is what it is. We need at least one, probably two ace recruiters as coaches at CU. Start the pipeline of higher quality kids here, and since I think the ones we have now will be good enough for bowl games next year, please please please redshirt as many as possible and let them grow and learn without being thrown into the fire so quickly.

The other factor that has sucks for us is simply....the PAC has gotten better. Lots of senior QBs and the whole conference seems so up from 4 years ago it isn't funny. 4 years ago it was Stanford and Oregon and not much else (or seemed that way). Now...with everyone in the T25 but us in the south and several from the north in the T25, it is a daunting task. But things fluxuate, they will come down some as senior teams become sophomore teams for a season and we have to be built to take advantage of that. Make some waves, get some bowl game wins, and rebrand CU football for people who only remember the last ten years (if that).

MM is not RGs guy. So even if RG likes MM (and I can't imagine he doesn't), there certainly should be more power there for RG to go in on the Monday after the Utah game, sit with MM and say 'Ok, if you want two more years, what changes are you going to make?' I hope that happens as we need some changed to coaching. I don't think O coaches are the issue, not the biggest ones for sure. Need at RB coach. Period. Who can recruit his ass off. Then IMO, Baer is a huge liability. Jeffcoat too. Yes, both working without tools on the LB and DL front, but......the total lack of containment, tackling issues, and no push means so much time for the opposing QB to run his offense that it is a miracle we are not still getting beat by 30 every game. If we could lose just one of the two, I would rather lose Baer (end of career, nothing really to gain by being good) and find that non P5 DC who is working miracles and is a great recruiter to boot. We need that. Badly. Soon.

We are straight up out coached and out talented damn near every ****ing week and apathy has been increasing for around the last 5-6 years.

We got out coached with Hawk teams. There was some talent. We got out talented and out coached with Embree. Go watch some 2012 CU games if you can't remember what that looked like.

This year, we certainly are not getting outcoached on the Offensive side of the ball. Defense.... maybe. It is hard to tell what is subpar coaching, and what is subpar talent. I think the majority of CU's problems this year is on the defense. We see what happens when Gillam and TT get hurt. It isn't good. Throw in a horrid day on ST and 4 offensive turnovers (very rare for this team) and lose by....15? After losing by 52 or something last year to the same team?

We are being out talented on the defense right now. Everyone gets injuries; we just can't cover them with capable replacements yet. We don't have ANY linebacker depth. We don't have DL depth. Next year the DL will be better IMO. But still very, very worried about the LB situation.

IMO, we are seeing the results of years of subpar recruiting and coaching. These kids are in year two of some real coaching. They had nothing the two years prior, or three if you count the Hawk guys that are still here. Even if junior or seniors, they are still playing with half the quality coaching they should of had.

Where we are getting smoked is recruiting. We HAVE to get some ringers in to get higher quality kids in. And yes, they might play earlier than they should, then as each year goes by, redshirt more and more. I would like to RS all of the kids, but with the total lack of depth, some could still be vying for playing time.

Lack of depth has been where the teams have attacked us, and while losing close games, we have still lost. Front 7 on the D is the biggest issue. O is scoring enough to win these games. Unfortunately, with the D being porous the Offense has been put in the position that it cannot make ANY mistakes or we lost. They have to play a perfect game, which is hard for any team. My issue is trying to decide if a year of growth and training will give the DL what it needs to put pressure on the other teams O, or if we need a new DC. Has he done a decent job with the lack of talent and depth? Seems to me that maybe he did...if he was recruiting some stubs to go in next year. But that doesn't seem to be the case.

I hate seeing the D playing soft. I love blitzes, can't remember the game, but one game we blitzed a lot and seemed to be in much better control of the game. Why did they stop? If you let a QB sit there for 8 seconds each play, everyone will beat you!!

No apathy from me. I want some recruiters, I want to see the next step forward CU takes next year. I am happy seeing us feeling the worst game we played we got beat by 15 (USC just did out talent us), unlike where every game was a 35 point loss. Man, just two years ago....that was a ****ty season. This hurts worse, since we were so close. Ready for the next step of improvement next year.

When I open up Allbuffs and see "Apathy is Here -Point of No Return" my initial reaction is "What a stupid thread." When I read some of the posts, my initial reaction is validated.

When I open up Allbuffs and see "Apathy is Here -Point of No Return" my initial reaction is "What a stupid thread." When I read some of the posts, my initial reaction is validated.

Good to see you joined in the conversation, and exponentially jacked the stupidity level to another level....:thumbsup:

It it is a good question about the D. On offense, I am really happy with Lindgren. We are fun to watch offensively.... Not all the time but more so than the last few seasons. Dan Hawkins was supposed to bring us the exciting offense from Boise State and we never saw it. Our current OC deserves a raise!

As for the D, they are the big question Mark. We couldn't stop CSU at all. And other teams pick apart our D easily at times. They are more fun to watch now and I feel like we are better. But it would be nice to get a 10 point lead and be able to count on our D to hold so our offense doesn't have to score on each drive to win a game. I don't know enough to say that if our D will get better with more coaching and time. Or is it going to be a liability for years to come til we get a new DC?? I do know that we have suffered through the 2012 season and a healthy dose of Defense would make all of us happy. How do we get it there? More talent is likely the answer but I don't see 5* LBs wanting to come here. So it comes down to- is the problem the D scheme and can these coaches make something out of nothing. Or is time for a new DC who might breathe new life into the D??

We got out coached with Hawk teams. There was some talent. We got out talented and out coached with Embree. Go watch some 2012 CU games if you can't remember what that looked like.

This year, we certainly are not getting outcoached on the Offensive side of the ball. Defense.... maybe. It is hard to tell what is subpar coaching, and what is subpar talent. I think the majority of CU's problems this year is on the defense. We see what happens when Gillam and TT get hurt. It isn't good. Throw in a horrid day on ST and 4 offensive turnovers (very rare for this team) and lose by....15? After losing by 52 or something last year to the same team?

We are being out talented on the defense right now. Everyone gets injuries; we just can't cover them with capable replacements yet. We don't have ANY linebacker depth. We don't have DL depth. Next year the DL will be better IMO. But still very, very worried about the LB situation.

IMO, we are seeing the results of years of subpar recruiting and coaching. These kids are in year two of some real coaching. They had nothing the two years prior, or three if you count the Hawk guys that are still here. Even if junior or seniors, they are still playing with half the quality coaching they should of had.

Where we are getting smoked is recruiting. We HAVE to get some ringers in to get higher quality kids in. And yes, they might play earlier than they should, then as each year goes by, redshirt more and more. I would like to RS all of the kids, but with the total lack of depth, some could still be vying for playing time.

Lack of depth has been where the teams have attacked us, and while losing close games, we have still lost. Front 7 on the D is the biggest issue. O is scoring enough to win these games. Unfortunately, with the D being porous the Offense has been put in the position that it cannot make ANY mistakes or we lost. They have to play a perfect game, which is hard for any team. My issue is trying to decide if a year of growth and training will give the DL what it needs to put pressure on the other teams O, or if we need a new DC. Has he done a decent job with the lack of talent and depth? Seems to me that maybe he did...if he was recruiting some stubs to go in next year. But that doesn't seem to be the case.

I hate seeing the D playing soft. I love blitzes, can't remember the game, but one game we blitzed a lot and seemed to be in much better control of the game. Why did they stop? If you let a QB sit there for 8 seconds each play, everyone will beat you!!

No apathy from me. I want some recruiters, I want to see the next step forward CU takes next year. I am happy seeing us feeling the worst game we played we got beat by 15 (USC just did out talent us), unlike where every game was a 35 point loss. Man, just two years ago....that was a ****ty season. This hurts worse, since we were so close. Ready for the next step of improvement next year.

Cool. Hang your hat on this 2-10 season. You have been so wrong this whole season, it has been stunning. Your failure has only been matched by the team's. Yet you continuously call out folks who turn out to be CORRECT, as morons. Look in the mirror to see one. Spin spin spin your epic stupidity.
:lol: someone is mad. Go ahead and take a break from the board.

I think the guys who are saying we are to young and underdeveloped are spot on. So are the guys who say we recruit poorly. I think most people felt like we would win 4 games this year with upside of 6. It looks like we are going to hit the low side by not closing out a couple games.

My thoughts.
Sefo should stay QB. He makes some mistakes but he is so far better than what we have had that asking for anyone else is crazy talk.
Defense needs some JUCO's to help get meaner,bigger, and add more depth. We are wasting years of decent DB play right now.
Offense needs to get better up front. This has really been a problem for us. We struggle to run the ball on 2nd or 3rd and short.

Good to see you joined in the conversation, and exponentially jacked the stupidity level to another level....:thumbsup:
I can see the "apathy" part. Maybe. But the "Point of no Return" is an absolute. To me, there is no such thing as it relates to CU athletics and, especially, football. If one is at that point, then leave and don't look back. They need fans in Fort Collins.

I can see the "apathy" part. Maybe. But the "Point of no Return" is an absolute. To me, there is no such thing as it relates to CU athletics and, especially, football. If one is at that point, then leave and don't look back. They need fans in Fort Collins.

Yes. Maybe a bit dramatic....just wanted to quote a lame Kansas song, bitch.

I'm definitely used to it at this point. UCLA and today are annoying, but it's nothing new. The season was lost blowing halftime leads against Cal and OSU. I did think we had a conference win or two in us. I have no doubt we'll be better next year, but I don't see us flipping a switch and suddenly winning the majority of close games en route to 7-6. It seems 5-8 with a dose of "what ifs" is much more likely.

This is where I'm at. Definitely not pinning my hopes on CU finally becoming a winning road team. With only 1 road win in two seasons under MM, which was a squeeker vs a 2-7 UMASS team. We've basically lost every single "winnable" game this year. Plus we haven't won more than 2 conference games (likely none this year) in years, I don't see us doubling that. Right now I'm thinking 4-5 wins next year

:lol: Listen, I'm with ya for the most part. But this game was frustrating and is eliciting responses born of frustration. This was a game we really could have won. And there are a lot of legitimate gripes. But, for me, I'm not getting apathetic, I still believe greatly in Mac and believe Sefo, while disappointing today, has a lot of potential for improvement.
^^This^^ My only concern is the team's attitude...how long can they keep putting up with walking away losers in these winnable games?

I'd tell you to f*ck off and pay me my buyout. Then Id take my staff (of uncontracted free agents) and take the best job available.

I doubt either RG or MM would use your words or mine, so its a moot point.

The only scenario where I could see an AD doing that was Bohn to Embree. And if the rumors are true Embree lost his job over it.

I would hope RG would simply say: What's the plan? Tell me what changes, or lack thereof, you propose and why. What do you need from me to improve significantly next year?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RG said before the season began that he expected this year's team to get to a bowl game. That's obviously not happening. So I could see RG going to MacIntyre with some concerns. But - as others have said - the idea that the AD is going to get in there and make suggestions on assistant coaches -- especially RG -- I just can't see it.

RG's only college experience is as a recruiting coordinator. So I could certainly see RG critical of the recruiting aspect of CU's football program, with suggestions for improvement.

But at the end of the day - MM is still owed $10 million. He's holding all the cards.

RG said before the season began that he expected this year's team to get to a bowl game. That's obviously not happening. So I could see RG going to MacIntyre with some concerns. But - as others have said - the idea that the AD is going to get in there and make suggestions on assistant coaches -- especially RG -- I just can't see it.

RG's only college experience is as a recruiting coordinator. So I could certainly see RG critical of the recruiting aspect of CU's football program, with suggestions for improvement.

But at the end of the day - MM is still owed $10 million. He's holding all the cards.

We also have an improving team rebuilding from the depths of as low as a P5 team can go. Fire M2 at this point and you would have a hard time convincing anyone decent that he would have a decent shot at getting the time and support to build a winning program.

You could fire Embree at the end of two years because it was clear that things were falling apart. Not only were we not winning but we weren't even close. This team hasn't been winning but it is showing clear signs of improvement. A quality coaching candidate is going to see that and be very concerned about unrealistic expectations.

Can you say Neinas To The Rescue??? Again???? :rofl:

Wether its Neinas or not prepare yourselves for the possibility that RG will be hiring a consultant given the above.

My hat is off to RG for fund raising and game day experience improvement (beer and food upgrade) and finishing the facilities that Bohn started. Everyone rips on Bohn but the fact is he improved every other sport where he hired a coach except football (and the jury is still out for his last hire). So, to rip on him is imho a bit unfair. I recall rumors that conversations occurred between some much bigger names in the CFB world when Bohn went looking and they all said 'no thanks'. Our hearts deceive us and our black and gold eyes blind us; this was a job no one wanted back then. Bohn may have created that but Im fairly certain he had a lot of help from so others...

Can you say Neinas To The Rescue??? Again???? :rofl:

Wether its Neinas or not prepare yourselves for the possibility that RG will be hiring a consultant given the above.

My hat is off to RG for fund raising and game day experience improvement (beer and food upgrade) and finishing the facilities that Bohn started. Everyone rips on Bohn but the fact is he improved every other sport where he hired a coach except football (and the jury is still out for his last hire). So, to rip on him is imho a bit unfair. I recall rumors that conversations occurred between some much bigger names in the CFB world when Bohn went looking and they all said 'no thanks'. Our hearts deceive us and our black and gold eyes blind us; this was a job no one wanted back then. Bohn may have created that but Im fairly certain he had a lot of help from so others...

Take a look at my sig buddy. No one cares about other sports when football is garbage. BTW, RG has quite a few years as an assistant AD.

McIntyre is the right guy. Liufau is not.

are you guys kidding me? dont get me wrong sefo has made some mistakes.... but 25 td's for a soph qb ...all i can say is "come on man"

ps talking to my buddy who is huge wisco fan...they have five total td passes and he said if we dont want sefo wisco will take him!

It's not the hole that's deep -- it's the hill that has to be climbed. It was not a good time to join the Pac-12. The power players in the Pac-12 are serious about the sport again.

For CU to move up in the conference, they are either going to have to pass some teams, or some teams are going to have to drop back. So far - the only teams who have shown any indication of dropping back are in the other side of the conference (Cal and WSU). Utah entered the league at least on par with Colorado - and has moved up over the past several years.

CU just isn't going to be able to climb over some of these teams.

This is reality.
It's a zero sum game.
Improving is not good enough. You have to pass someone else....and everyone else is doing all they can to get better, recruit better, get stronger, watch film, cut mistakes, clean things up, throw more money at facilities, etc. It's not easy.

are you guys kidding me? dont get me wrong sefo has made some mistakes.... but 25 td's for a soph qb ...all i can say is "come on man"

ps talking to my buddy who is huge wisco fan...they have five total td passes and he said if we dont want sefo wisco will take him!

That number cannot be separated from Sefo having the second most attempts in the nation and the sixth most interceptions in the nation.

That number cannot be separated from Sefo having the second most attempts in the nation and the sixth most interceptions in the nation.
He is 67th in INTs per attempt. Not great, and he MUST improve, but Sefo can play. He needs to take it to the next level. I don't know if it's Lindgren or Sefo or a combo, but Sefo's has got to improve for this team to go bowling next year.

Back