What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Apparently there is a new update from Chip Brown

The sources said Scott favors the six-team expansion plan - Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State and Colorado - and will recommend it to the league's leaders.

Scott is also expected to endorse a 16-team conference network (most likely run by Fox Cable Networks, which operates the Big Ten Network) with projections of paying $20 million per school.

The network would be launched in 2012, sources said.

A Pac-10 source said Scott is aware of a pledge from some Texas lawmakers to fight for Baylor to receive an invitation over Colorado, but that so far Colorado remains on the proposed list of invitations.

Sounds like Scott is not pandering to the state of Texas so far. Let's get this proposal approved by the Pac 10 and get the invite accepted pronto.

Sounds like Scott is not pandering to the state of Texas so far. Let's get this proposal approved by the Pac 10 and get the invite accepted pronto.

Your answer is very shortsighted. The time to do that was in 1994 when our first invite was doled out. We can not accept pronto. We must evaluate every element to leaving.

We are NOT in control here. IN fact, no one school is really in control, even Texas.

I have read some really dumb comments by catching up with this board.

Public Schools have processes that they MUST follow to make changes. just because the Texas state legislature vows to fight, doesn't mean you can just erase "Colorado" and insert "Baylor." There has to be a ****ing vote you morons.

It is clear from the articles that I have read that the Pac-10 has done some homework and they put together 2 alternate scenarios to vote on expansion OR they will just stay as is. This is a vote to extend an invite. This invite might state (and we don't know), that this invite is contingent upon ALL of those 6 invitees accepting or this invitation is invalid. Who knows? If the Pac-10 votes for the 6 (CU included) to get the invite, THAT is when the Texas legislature will make their play for Texas to turn down the invite without their Baylor brethren....

If i were Scott, just for sport I'd lock up a back-up plan that includes KU/Utah/CU and the big12's top three choices as replacement schools, and politely explain to the texas legislature they can come as is or they can form an all texas confrence.

Wasn't it Chip Brown that reported on much of the Darrell Scott saga? Don't you guys find it odd that all reports are coming out of Austin?

I do find it weird. The main "author" at OB is Greg Ketchum who is not at all credible IMO. Total fact-bending, everyone "else" cheats except Texas Horn 24/7 apologist. Brown, according to ATM fans, is a UT honk but fairly respectable. FWIW.

Last edited:
Your answer is very shortsighted. The time to do that was in 1994 when our first invite was doled out. We can not accept pronto. We must evaluate every element to leaving.

We are NOT in control here. IN fact, no one school is really in control, even Texas.

I have read some really dumb comments by catching up with this board.

Public Schools have processes that they MUST follow to make changes. just because the Texas state legislature vows to fight, doesn't mean you can just erase "Colorado" and insert "Baylor." There has to be a ****ing vote you morons.

It is clear from the articles that I have read that the Pac-10 has done some homework and they put together 2 alternate scenarios to vote on expansion OR they will just stay as is. This is a vote to extend an invite. This invite might state (and we don't know), that this invite is contingent upon ALL of those 6 invitees accepting or this invitation is invalid. Who knows? If the Pac-10 votes for the 6 (CU included) to get the invite, THAT is when the Texas legislature will make their play for Texas to turn down the invite without their Baylor brethren....

Well thanks for clarifying that for us with your condescending language dbag. Most of us are aware of this, but are also kind of excited right now and don't need to qualify every post with the extenuating circumstances. Hence the fast and furious activity the last few days with a combination of fact and wishful thinking. But thanks for setting us straight.:rolling_eyes:

Chip Brown plants made up stories at the request of the Texas Officials to try and call the other school's bluff. There is no way TU wants the B12 to fail. It would be a huge hit to their program and all they want to achieve. It bothers the hell out of them the CU and NU pretty much hold their destiny in their respective decisions.

Nobody would care about an Indy Texas, or their Network.

No Network would pay big money for an all Texas B12, either.

No other Conference is going to let Texas come in and call the shots. They will be just another team with just another vote. The Left Coast schools certainly won't allow all decision makers and Championship games to reside in Texas either.

CU sits pretty as does NU. It's Texas's turn to show in this "Peter Contest" and they just got out of a cold shower.

I find it more odd that the school that has dominated the Conference(OU) in Footballl has been strangely silent.

Chip Brown plants made up stories at the request of the Texas Officials to try and call the other school's bluff. There is no way TU wants the B12 to fail. It would be a huge hit to their program and all they want to achieve. It bothers the hell out of them the CU and NU pretty much hold their destiny in their respective decisions.

This is the best EvilBeak post ever, in an enemy of my enemy is my friend kind of way.

Nobody would care about an Indy Texas, or their Network.

No Network would pay big money for an all Texas B12, either.

No other Conference is going to let Texas come in and call the shots. They will be just another team with just another vote. The Left Coast schools certainly won't allow all decision makers and Championship games to reside in Texas either.

CU sits pretty as does NU. It's Texas's turn to show in this "Peter Contest" and they just got out of a cold shower.

I find it more odd that the school that has dominated the Conference(OU) in Footballl has been strangely silent.

Also strangely silent in this entire mess is the SEC. I'm secretly hoping that OU and A&M get invites to the SEC, which they accept. MU and NU get invites to the Big 10, which they accept, and CU goes to the Pac. If the Pac gets fed up enough with the posturing coming out of Austin, they tell those arrogant self-important bastards to stick it in their ear, and they're left wondering what the hell just happened to them.

Also strangely silent in this entire mess is the SEC. I'm secretly hoping that OU and A&M get invites to the SEC, which they accept. MU and NU get invites to the Big 10, which they accept, and CU goes to the Pac. If the Pac gets fed up enough with the posturing coming out of Austin, they tell those arrogant self-important bastards to stick it in their ear, and they're left wondering what the hell just happened to them.

I'm not sure the SEC NEEDS to do or say anything. They have a great deal already and it isn't really a prerequisite to have 16 teams for anything. If so, grab Miami, FSU, GT and Clemson(if the Texas schools want to head west). This would really ramp up the regional SEC rivalries with existing schools.

No WAY does Texas want to open their borders to the SEC powers for recruiting. That would be akin to them leaving their border open to Mexico..oops...I mean, like leaving the vault open for crooks. The SEC can cheat as well as the old SWC could anyday and would seriously disrupt Texas recruiting. The SEC is in a major position of power as it stands with a great TV contract and all ESPN licking their 'nads daily.

Texas sure likes to think they are in a position of power but when they deal with schools that DO have other attractive options, they are exposed for what they really are...just a bully of the other State schools.

I'm pretty sure most SEC schools are, and have always been recruiting in Texas. I doubt joining the SEC would "open their borders to the SEC powers for recruiting". JMO.

I'm pretty sure most SEC schools are, and have always been recruiting in Texas. I doubt joining the SEC would "open their borders to the SEC powers for recruiting". JMO.

This is true. Maybe not so much with some schools in the East, but Arkansas and LSU have always recruited Texas pretty heavily, and the other SEC schools get their fair share as well.

Donovan Bonner of Mizzou (linebacker) is getting a lot of **** right now on Twitter after he tweeted this...

Big 10 it is..

Here's ol' Chip Brown's latest update. Baylor's now resorted to talking **** about CU apparently...

5 PM UPDATE -According to my sources, powerful Texas lobbyist Buddy Jones, who has deep Baylor ties, and new Baylor president Kenneth Starr, who led the Whitewater investigation against Bill Clinton that unearthed the Monica Lewinsky scandal, are working overtime for BU right now.

Together with a block of 15 legislators, Jones and Starr are actively trying to round up political support from the likes of Gov. Rick Perry and Lt. Gov. David Dewhurst for Baylor to be included with the other Big 12 schools on the invite list of the Pac-10 over Colorado.

They are making the case Baylor is better than Colorado in every area except media market. They believe Baylor is better than Colorado in these areas:

*Men's programs

*Women's programs

*Equal or better academics

*Less travel for the new member schools that might join the Pac-10

*Newer facilities

*Better financial condition

Chip's latest tweet:

Baylor president Kenneth Starr (yes, Whitewater, Monica Lewinsky prosecutor) and powerful Texas lobbyist Buddy Jones working hard for #BU.

Good for them, there is NOTHING that Baylor or the Texas legislature can do to force the Pac 10's hand. UT isn't going anywhere unless the Big 12 dissolves. Fore the Big 12 to dissolve, the first chip is Neb and Mizzou going to the Big 10. Probably going to happen.

Once they go to the Big 10, UT has to explore it's options.
*The Big 10 isn't going to help with UT's "Tech Problem".
*The SEC isn't going to take all 4 Texas schools.

That leaves the Pac 10. Or every Texas school for itself.

A. The Pac 10 is VERY anti-Baylor (Baylor is NOT going to convince ALL ten members of the Pac 10 that Baylor is a better choice than Colorado, maybe a few, but not all 10)
B. The Pac 10 wants the Denver TV market.

The Pac 10 has all the chips right now. The Pac 10 can tell UT to go F itself and UT is going to be on it's own with TT Baylor and A&M and is going to be on the outside looking in with regards to TV contracts.

OR

UT can accept the invite with Colorado an divide up a MUCH larger pie.

The best option for Texas is to take TT and A&M to the Pac 10 and take what they can get which keeps TT and A&M in a BCS conference.

UT itself may have a bunch of other options, but the Texas politicians are going to take the best offer they can get that involves as many of their schools as possible, and that's going to leave Baylor SOL in any scenario.

Last edited:
I'll see ya a Ken Starr and raise ya a Bruce Bensen, bitches! So, Hickenlooper, you want to be Gov? Well, time to kick some Texass!

Don't forget... The love guv!

I'm sure our old friend Bill Owens would be glad to help us out:smile2:

Here's ol' Chip Brown's latest update. Baylor's now resorted to talking **** about CU apparently...

5 PM UPDATE -According to my sources, powerful Texas lobbyist Buddy Jones, who has deep Baylor ties, and new Baylor president Kenneth Starr, who led the Whitewater investigation against Bill Clinton that unearthed the Monica Lewinsky scandal, are working overtime for BU right now.

Together with a block of 15 legislators, Jones and Starr are actively trying to round up political support from the likes of Gov. Rick Perry and Lt. Gov. David Dewhurst for Baylor to be included with the other Big 12 schools on the invite list of the Pac-10 over Colorado.

They are making the case Baylor is better than Colorado in every area except media market. They believe Baylor is better than Colorado in these areas:

*Men's programs

*Women's programs

*Equal or better academics

*Less travel for the new member schools that might join the Pac-10

*Newer facilities

*Better financial condition

Unfortunately for them, the TV market just about trumps everything else.

Back