What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Apparently there is a new update from Chip Brown

Don't forget... The love guv!

I'm sure our old friend Bill Owens would be glad to help us out:smile2:
One thing is for damned sure. Colorado is a political lightweight. In polotics, we are still a bunch of yahoos in the mountains.

Here's ol' Chip Brown's latest update. Baylor's now resorted to talking **** about CU apparently...

5 PM UPDATE -According to my sources, powerful Texas lobbyist Buddy Jones, who has deep Baylor ties, and new Baylor president Kenneth Starr, who led the Whitewater investigation against Bill Clinton that unearthed the Monica Lewinsky scandal, are working overtime for BU right now.

Together with a block of 15 legislators, Jones and Starr are actively trying to round up political support from the likes of Gov. Rick Perry and Lt. Gov. David Dewhurst for Baylor to be included with the other Big 12 schools on the invite list of the Pac-10 over Colorado.

They are making the case Baylor is better than Colorado in every area except media market. They believe Baylor is better than Colorado in these areas:

*Men's programs

*Women's programs

*Equal or better academics

*Less travel for the new member schools that might join the Pac-10

*Newer facilities

*Better financial condition

crickets are chirping here in Colorado...

maybe I'm wrong but Bohn may want to start talking out loud ...

you guys don't know that our guys are not working this. they just aren't talking about it like those damned texans.

crickets are chirping here in Colorado...

maybe I'm wrong but Bohn may want to start talking out loud ...

I HOPE the silence from Bohn and Benson means they both know this is a last ditch effort by Baylor and there's nothing to worry about. That CU already has the invite in hand.

Their history doesn't do much to instill any confidence behind that hope though.

you guys don't know that our guys are not working this. they just aren't talking about it like those damned texans.

Exactly.. This is just a desperate ploy to garner up political support for Baylor's cause.. Nothing more.. i'm not concerned about it..

someone email plati now with a copy of the pro-baylor tweet. there is not a person better qualified in the entire universe to systematically destroy the total BULLFECES contained in those contentions than dave plati. he'll kill them with the facts comparing the 2 schools/programs.

do it now.

Well with the track record of our guys we are pretty much as good as left out. Bohn has never had a winner on his record has he?

someone email plati now with a copy of the pro-baylor tweet. there is not a person better qualified in the entire universe to systematically destroy the total BULLFECES contained in those contentions than dave plati. he'll kill them with the facts comparing the 2 schools/programs.

do it now.

dont boss me around.

i just wanted to post in this thread.

There is no slimier person on the planet than kenny starr.

I wilk guarantee that he is much despised by most of the powers that be in the PAC.

Here's ol' Chip Brown's latest update. Baylor's now resorted to talking **** about CU apparently...

5 PM UPDATE -According to my sources, powerful Texas lobbyist Buddy Jones, who has deep Baylor ties, and new Baylor president Kenneth Starr, who led the Whitewater investigation against Bill Clinton that unearthed the Monica Lewinsky scandal, are working overtime for BU right now.

Together with a block of 15 legislators, Jones and Starr are actively trying to round up political support from the likes of Gov. Rick Perry and Lt. Gov. David Dewhurst for Baylor to be included with the other Big 12 schools on the invite list of the Pac-10 over Colorado.

They are making the case Baylor is better than Colorado in every area except media market. They believe Baylor is better than Colorado in these areas:

*Men's programs

*Women's programs

*Equal or better academics

*Less travel for the new member schools that might join the Pac-10

*Newer facilities

*Better financial condition

I love this one - easier travel for the rest of the Texas schools you'd be adding. Sure it's a lot farther from the existing Pac 10 schools, but f**k 'em.

There is no slimier person on the planet than kenny starr.

I wilk guarantee that he is much despised by most of the powers that be in the PAC.

you are suggesting that the folks in berkley dont like kenn starr? get outta here!!!! :lol:

Come on Folks, we've seen this before. CU and their silence. It means cu will bend over as usual...

**** Baylor. The same school that hasn't been to a bowl game since 94 ?

Dooooooooshbags

another thought i had: texas may just be playing along with the baylor thing so that they can get some aircover in the state. if they can say they tried and the p10 still rejected baylor and the b12 still blows up, then ut and the others can say they did their best but had to take the best option out there-- going to the p10 w/o baylor.

hang tough, p10. don't get bullied.

:stupid:

If Plati and Bohn are dealing with possible invites and a bunch of delusional Texas baptists trying to insert themselves where they are not wanted, I hope they're talking to the Pac-10 commissioner and University presidents, not to Buffstampede.com.....

Why would it?

it demonstrates a lack of commitment to winning from the powers that be in the university. when you have the money to buy out a losing coach after 4 years in your only revenue producing sport and decide not to for political reasons rather than the future benifit of the entire athletic program and the university, it displays a lack of desire to field a competitive athletic program from top to bottom.

that is the way i see it anyway.

it demonstrates a lack of commitment to winning from the powers that be in the university. when you have the money to buy out a losing coach after 4 years in your only revenue producing sport and decide not to for political reasons rather than the future benifit of the entire athletic program and the university, it displays a lack of desire to field a competitive athletic program from top to bottom.

Spot on...and, rep-worthy.

damn right! now that is a run on sentence! :lol:

An extra $10-15m a year changes greatly a school's ability to field a competitive program. This goes to TV money, period.

Yeah, I hear you but I would hope the collective memories of the powers that be in the Pac 10 extend beyond 4 years. Remeber, this is the same school that paid a $3M buyout to a coach who had just won our division, so there is some history of higher expectations.

I'm guessing the smart people behind the Pac 10 and UT understand that Colorado is far more lucrative moneywise as an addition to the conference. The naysayers like to deride the market here as not big into CU. There is some truth to that, but what they fail to mention is that a big reason why is because of transplants...namely from Cali and Texas. So between CU fans, Texas school fans, and Cali school fans, I think the Denver market will be quite tuned in to a Pac 16 network.

Yeah, I hear you but I would hope the collective memories of the powers that be in the Pac 10 extend beyond 4 years. Remeber, this is the same school that paid a $3M buyout to a coach who had just won our division, so there is some history of higher expectations.

Correct.....we need to focus on the historical view....a Top 25 team over the last 50 years. Let's ignore Danny the doosh and his complete dismantling of a once-proud program.

Back