What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Are people really mad at BL?

As a coach myself, it's frustrating when you draw up a play and the players don't do it correctly.

I know. I too hate it when that happens. :LOL:

But its still your ****ing fault because the robots on the field were not programed correctly by you. It can't possibly be the players fault. Never ever ever ever.

I'm sure it was BL fault that 2 touchdowns were dropped and the oline couldn't pass block for longer than a split second. There were questionable calls in the game (there are every game), but I thought he called a very good game. We had plays to be made to win this game and it didn't happen.

If we got 31 points, would that change your mind?
If the O scored 31 then we would've won and my mind would be changed. Ultimately all that matters is Ws and Sefo and BL have proven they can't be counted on to win a game late in the 4th IMO.

I'm sure it was BL fault that 2 touchdowns were dropped and the oline couldn't pass block for longer than a split second. There were questionable calls in the game (there are every game), but I thought he called a very good game. We had plays to be made to win this game and it didn't happen.

It aint about the Xs and Os, its about the Jimmys and the Joes.

Yep. BL knows we can't pass block for an extended period and has adjusted to that from what I've seen. His red zone play calling could be better though.
If he knows that why did he routinely run an empty backfield?..a quick and easy invite to blitz.

It aint about the Xs and Os, its about the Jimmys and the Joes.
IF it's only about the jimmies and joes, how the hell did Boise St. ever win any of the games they did? How did Sac. St beat us?

Sorry, Xs and Os matter AT LEAST as much. Right now, we have neither.

What kind of OC gets 500+ yds and only 24 pts? He's not good. Period.
The kind that has a FG kicker miss and at least one TD dropped. Easily could have been another 10 points just on those two, not to mention the pick six was at least another 3 points taken off the board. I am not a fan of some of his play calling in the RZ, but his calls should have netted at leads an extra 13 points (which would have won the game) in relatively dominating fashion

On the radio broadcast, they were running empty sets because nobody was spying Sefo and they wanted to run some draws with him. Is that accurate? I listened only so Idk.

I know. I too hate it when that happens. :LOL:

But its still your ****ing fault because the robots on the field were not programed correctly by you. It can't possibly be the players fault. Never ever ever ever.
This is such bull**** (and please spare me the accountability vs responsibility crap). A coach can't catch the ball for a guy, a coach can't make a 45 yard FG for a kicker. At some point, players have to execute on the field.

IF it's only about the jimmies and joes, how the hell did Boise St. ever win any of the games they did? How did Sac. St beat us?

You don't amass 500+ total yards and what should have been at least 31 offensive points on the road, against a top 25 team without having so X's and O's

This is such bull**** (and please spare me the accountability vs responsibility crap). A coach can't catch the ball for a guy, a coach can't make a 45 yard FG for a kicker. At some point, players have to execute on the field.
Then it must be the General Managers fault for getting these players.

But wait, you just said it's never the players' fault. You can't blame the coaches for player shortcomings on the field and then turn around and say it's all about the players.
But wait, you just said it's never the players' fault. You can't blame the coaches for player shortcomings on the field and then turn around and say it's all about the players.

Sarcasm. Best served medium rare. I was responding to another poster's point that we still have players that can not execute and some of them are starters. Were trashing Brian Lindgren for it and not those players. You can do all the preparation you want, run the most efficient practices possible, and still have players that will make mistakes. Because thats who they are. Anyway you cut this cake its still a rebuilding project.

Sarcasm. Best served medium rare. I was responding to another poster's point that we still have players that can not execute in starting positions. Were trashing Brian Lindgren for it and not those players. Anyway you cut this cake its still a rebuilding project.
My apologies. I Agree.

Yes, there are plenty of programs where they had good recruiting but bad Xs and Os coaching. And those schools showed an immediate turn around under a new leader. WE are not a school that has had good recruiting at all since the late 2000s. YET, we feel the need to bash our coaches constantly because our 2* players can't execute against P5 programs.

What has Boise St done lately? Which conference do they play in again? To a degree you are comparing an apple and an orange an you know it. BSU had good coaching and recruiting good enough to consistently win in their conference. Once upon a time they caught lightning in a bottle and had a epic season and a BCS bowl victory. Most of the time non P5 teams get their asses handed to them when they have to play a P5 team.

At the end of the day we all know something is broken. Its probably partly Xs and Os. And its partly a lack of sheer talent. Basically, we have enough of the pieces to sniff victory. But no enough to put together a win. The 64000 dollar question is wether a change of coach or coaches will lead to a turnaround or another collapse.

Which is a separate argument than the one at hand.

Exactly. We all agree we have to recruit better but saying the oc should be fired based on his play calling YESTERDAY is a little short sided. If we want to pick up recruiting by getting a new o line coach and adding a rb coach that is fine with me and I understand why people would want to go that route.

Exactly. We all agree we have to recruit better but saying the oc should be fired based on his play calling YESTERDAY is a little short sided. If we want to pick up recruiting by getting a new o line coach and adding a rb coach that is fine with me and I understand why people would want to go that route.
I was pretty upset with some of the play calling at times yesterday, but after taking a step back and seeing how many points were left on the field by players failing to execute good play calls, I am not as down on him today

Yes, there are plenty of programs where they had good recruiting but bad Xs and Os coaching. And those schools showed an immediate turn around under a new leader. WE are not a school that has had good recruiting at all since the late 2000s. YET, we feel the need to bash our coaches constantly because our 2* players can't execute against P5 programs.

What has Boise St done lately? Which conference do they play in again? To a degree you are comparing an apple and an orange an you know it. BSU had good coaching and recruiting good enough to consistently win in their conference. Once upon a time they caught lightning in a bottle and had a epic season and a BCS bowl victory. Most of the time non P5 teams get their asses handed to them when they have to play a P5 team.

At the end of the day we all know something is broken. Its probably partly Xs and Os. And its partly a lack of sheer talent. Basically, we have enough of the pieces to sniff victory. But no enough to put together a win. The 64000 dollar question is wether a change of coach or coaches will lead to a turnaround or another collapse.

What have they done lately? Lets see, 12-2, win the BCS bowl called the Fiesta bowl, against ARIZONA.

11-2, win the Las Vegas bowl against Washington.

12-1, win the Las Vegas bowl against ASU.

But that's just the last 5 years. Complete lightning in a bottle, once in a lifetime type stuff.

Done with recruiting classes ranked 69, 72,53, . . .

And they've had coaching changes, too.

It can be done without the jimmies and the joes, the OC just has to have some balls and some brains. I don't think ours has either.

I think it is VITAL that recruiting picks up going forward. No more excuses about facilities, no more "slowly building" excuses, the 2017 recruiting class needs to be a sizable step forward.

I think it is VITAL that recruiting picks up going forward. No more excuses about facilities, no more "slowly building" excuses, the 2017 recruiting class needs to be a sizable step forward.
Yep. Can't argue that. We have awesome facilities and are showing we are competitive. These and other factors should appeal to most recruits at some level. It's up to Mac and the staff to close the deal and if he/they can't, tough decisions will have to be made.

Last edited:
What have they done lately? Lets see, 12-2, win the BCS bowl called the Fiesta bowl, against ARIZONA.

11-2, win the Las Vegas bowl against Washington.

12-1, win the Las Vegas bowl against ASU.

But that's just the last 5 years. Complete lightning in a bottle, once in a lifetime type stuff.

Done with recruiting classes ranked 69, 72,53, . . .

And they've had coaching changes, too.

It can be done without the jimmies and the joes, the OC just has to have some balls and some brains. I don't think ours has either.

Fair enough. I dont follow BSU but posted their bowl opponent record below. We hired one of their coaches and that didn't go well for us. Maybe we should try it again.

2006 January 1, 2007 Tostitos Fiesta Bowl Oklahoma (11-3) W 43–42 OT
2007 December 23, 2007 Sheraton Hawaiʻi Bowl East Carolina (8-5) L 38–41
2008 December 23, 2008 San Diego County Credit Union Poinsettia Bowl TCU (11-2) L 16–17
2009 January 4, 2010 Tostitos Fiesta Bowl TCU (12-1) W 17–10
2010 December 22, 2010 Maaco Bowl Las Vegas Utah (10-3) W 26–3
2011 December 22, 2011 Maaco Bowl Las Vegas Arizona State (6-7) W 56–24
2012 December 22, 2012 Maaco Bowl Las Vegas Washington (7-6) W 28–26
2013 December 24, 2013 Sheraton Hawaiʻi Bowl Oregon State (7-6) L 23–38
2014 December 31, 2014 Vizio Fiesta Bowl Arizona (10-4) W 38–30

If the O scored 31 then we would've won and my mind would be changed. Ultimately all that matters is Ws and Sefo and BL have proven they can't be counted on to win a game late in the 4th IMO.
The line between hero and goat can be very thin - but I understand we're all tired of usually being on the goat side.

Defense scored a TD I think was his point
I was too quick to try to be snarky - you guys are right. My bad.

4 red zone trips in the 1st quarter with only 3 points killed us. Get even one more field goal and everything is different at the end of the game. On our second to last position, we could have kicked a field goal for the lead instead of failing on a 4th down try, or we are trying to position for a FG on the last drive, not a TD.

So depressing.

The kind that has a FG kicker miss and at least one TD dropped. Easily could have been another 10 points just on those two, not to mention the pick six was at least another 3 points taken off the board. I am not a fan of some of his play calling in the RZ, but his calls should have netted at leads an extra 13 points (which would have won the game) in relatively dominating fashion
Coulda shoulda woulda. That's this teams motto.

On the radio broadcast, they were running empty sets because nobody was spying Sefo and they wanted to run some draws with him. Is that accurate? I listened only so Idk.
That's not what I saw...I saw him dropping back and getting rushed out of the pocket. I didn't see it work once and he kept running it. Ugh.

Back