What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Are the men better off in the NIT this year?

If anyone thinks this team is a lock for the NIT, they're delusional.

Last year, there was one 16-win team in the NIT and two 17-win teams. The other 29 teams had 19 or more wins.

So currently at 9-6 with XJ with a high ankle sprain, we need at least 8 more wins to get into the NIT. We'll have to pull a couple upsets to get that done.

So, the better question is: What would a CBI bid mean for this program?

You're annoying.

Play hard, like pants on fire, improve chemistry, see where this ends up. Torture opponents in Pac 12 tourney, or ruin other teams chances if you have to....

Sick of capitulating, and not gonna condone it. Go Buffs.

You're annoying.

Yeah, you and Tini are right. We should just believe. That's all we need, just believe, no matter what the facts suggest. That'll get us through! We're athletic! Sweet 16, baby! Yeah!

Last edited:
The only advantage of missing the tournament would be that it might force Tad to make some tough changes. Changes that may not necessarily be made if they keep up with the status quo of making the tourney.

Still, I think it is common sense that making the tournament is better than missing it.

Playing 4-5 more games in the NIT really isn't a big boost. Sometimes you see programs use a NIT appearance to have a deep run, and then they have a deep NCAA run the next year, but more often than not that does not happen

the only way we make the tourney guys is if the team does something pretty awesome in conference play. Which would mean the team has gelled and overcome the issues they've had so far. I'm all about that happening. There are no arguments to be made against the tourney. None.

Yeah, you and Tini are right. We should just believe. That's all we need, just believe, no matter what the facts suggest. That'll get us through! We're athletic! Sweet 16, baby! Yeah!

I find tini just as annoying as you and agree with him about as much.

I don't think we'll make the dance (I'm sure most fans know/agree), but to say it is "better" to make the NIT over the dance is absurd. It never is.

And your "better" question had nothing to do with the topic, you just seemed like you wanted to chime in and randomly insult the team, which is fine I suppose. They have been pretty bad at times this year. I just find you annoying.

Go back to coaching your high school team comprised of talentless scrubs before they turned into elite shooters by practicing.

I find tini just as annoying as you and agree with him about as much.

I don't think we'll make the dance (I'm sure most fans know/agree), but to say it is "better" to make the NIT over the dance is absurd. It never is.

And your "better" question had nothing to do with the topic, you just seemed like you wanted to chime in and randomly insult the team, which is fine I suppose. They have been pretty bad at times this year. I just find you annoying.

Go back to coaching your high school team comprised of talentless scrubs before they turned into elite shooters by practicing.

Wow. You're in a parallel universe, apparently. I never suggested, and never would, that making the NIT is better than the big dance. That was someone else. I just simply believe that we have an uphill climb just to get to the NIT (and I don't think we get there, but will be the first to admit when I'm wrong.) So if we don't make the NIT and go to the CBI, seems like a legit question as to what it does to our program to drop that far off.

As for your last quip, it was someone else who suggested quite awhile ago that our underperforming guards could turn into shooters by spending more time in the gym. That person was not me. IMO Talton, Stalzer, JHop, etc. ain't turning into sharpshooters no matter how many thousands of jumpers they shoot. They don't have it.

So, uh, try again.

That was SECOBuff (or something like that) and S2S. I still get a huge laugh out of that debate. Those guys were convinced Shane harris-Tunks could be the greatest 3pt shooter in the history of basketball if he practiced enuugh

Lot of obsession here about a pretty average basketball team. Let's watch, support and hope for improvement/development.

Lot of obsession here about a pretty average basketball team. Let's watch, support and hope for improvement/development.
I'm going to suggest that you think about this post in light of the purpose of allbuffs, your presence here, the current status of the football team, and the thing called Irony.

Hmm. I've been obsessed with CU basketball since I can remember, so I've been through way worse.

Like snow already pointed out, the football team is far worse, yet still receives a ton more attention on the forum. I think you should mosey on back to the football side.

Hmm. I've been obsessed with CU basketball since I can remember, so I've been through way worse.

Like snow already pointed out, the football team is far worse, yet still receives a ton more attention on the forum. I think you should mosey on back to the football side.

I'm trying to find the Cross Country forum…..

It shows up when you click the Log Out button in the top right.

had forms of this discussion a dozen times in my life about my teams. Given the choice between a team I love being one of the last teams in (and likely to lose in Round 1), or going to the NIT with a reasonable shot of winning, I believe:

for an established team, going to the NCAA is better, even if one and done. I consider CU to be an "established team"
for a team with no history, no recent success and rebuilding from nothing, I'd rather see them make the NIT and go deep.

had forms of this discussion a dozen times in my life about my teams. Given the choice between a team I love being one of the last teams in (and likely to lose in Round 1), or going to the NIT with a reasonable shot of winning, I believe:

for an established team, going to the NCAA is better, even if one and done. I consider CU to be an "established team"
for a team with no history, no recent success and rebuilding from nothing, I'd rather see them make the NIT and go deep.

Just from a recent experience, but in 2011 (when CU was definitely not established) we experienced a Dance snub of Greenberg-VT level proportions. While I'm glad we made the most of being screwed and came out and made the most of the situation in the NIT…there was still no point in which I thought "this is better than one and done in the NCAA Tournament".

I just had to look up who won the NIT last season. It's not a good sign if I'm having to look up who won a recent college hoops tournament.

Yes they're better off going to the CBI and playing teams that wouldn't embarrass them.

edit: oh you're one of those guys who feels the need to come here and tell us how good the dick ****** are

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

The Buffs might be lucky to GET an invite!!

That still doesn't mean they're better off in the NIT than the Dance. Original thread topic is one of the dumber ones we've ever had here, which is saying something.

That still doesn't mean they're better off in the NIT than the Dance. Original thread topic is one of the dumber ones we've ever had here, which is saying something.

I know I'll be pissed off at the missed opportunity if the Buffs find a way to win the Pac-12 tournament.

Times that winning the NIT means more than going 1 and one in the NCAA: 0

This debate is ****ing stupid. The NIT is never better, no matter how you try and slice it. What's next saying that if boulder hosts and NIT game we can save the broke ass Athletic dept some travel money?

C'mon - if we want this to be a contender in a power 5 conference, the NIT is not the place where we want to be cutting our teeth.

Times that winning the NIT means more than going 1 and one in the NCAA: 0

This debate is ****ing stupid. The NIT is never better, no matter how you try and slice it. What's next saying that if boulder hosts and NIT game we can save the broke ass Athletic dept some travel money?

C'mon - if we want this to be a contender in a power 5 conference, the NIT is not the place where we want to be cutting our teeth.

+1

Baylor and ISU should be embarrassed by their 1st round losses in the NCAA. They would have been better off rejecting the invitation and accepting an NIT bid where they would have gotten extra home games and more practices.

Baylor and ISU should be embarrassed by their 1st round losses in the NCAA. They would have been better off rejecting the invitation and accepting an NIT bid where they would have gotten extra home games and more practices.

fark_z3dys1H_s29BoCTXPF3PfaSgioo.jpg

No doubt all the Clone fans are pissed off about winning too many games and then compounding the problem by winning the Big 12 tourney. They're supposed to have a great team next year and that 1-and-done NCAA appearance was a missed opportunity to build extra momentum at the NIT.

Back