What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Are we going to ADIDAS?

OK I admit it. Only one to stand up.

DBT tried to stand up, but he fell. And he can't get up. He was able to turn off the lights with the 'Clapper' (not the one Unleash's cousin has) and get some sleep though.....:smile2: He was reported to be kicking one leg and wimpering 'Where's the beef?' while asleep too....:cool:

Hawkins mentioned he is bringing on a new uniform piece this year.
That's going to be interesting.

Do you think he might ****can the stupid white pants and perhaps try silver instead?

This is for the football program internet reader:
Remind Coach Dan that the white pants not only look terrible, they were UNLUCKY last year. Hopefully they were put in a nice neat pile, doused with gasoline and torched.

Do you think he might ****can the stupid white pants and perhaps try silver instead?

Remind Coach Dan that the white pants not only look terrible, they were UNLUCKY last year. Hopefully they were put in a nice neat pile, doused with gasoline and torched.

Someone said that Hawkins recognized the original school colors are truly silver and gold, not black and gold, and he is bringing more silver into the uniform look. Right now it's in the details, silver/gray numbers or outlines, etc. But I don't know if silver or gray pants are part of the new plan or not.

Someone said that Hawkins recognized the original school colors are truly silver and gold, not black and gold, and he is bringing more silver into the uniform look. Right now it's in the details, silver/gray numbers or outlines, etc. But I don't know if silver or gray pants are part of the new plan or not.

I remember as a little kid seeing the Buffs in silver pants. They had Buffalo horns on silver helmets. It was Grandelius' team. He was also the coach who started the black jerseys. Eddie Crowder brought back the black jerseys after a one year absence and McCartney brought them back after the **** jerseys.

I know Coach Dan recognized the school colors are silver and gold. I like to see those colors in the uniform in addition to what is now the traditional sport color black. With silver, gold and black there are too many sharp combinations available to go out in the dumbass looking all white.

I disagree. The all whites looked pretty good imo

Who are you, Gary Glitter? All silver with gold helmets would look AWFUL! :puke:

****em up ****em up, GO CU!!!!

r

The white pants make cu look like a collection of guys trying out for the nutcracker. More silver is okay but let's not start looking like the raiders.

NEVER change the helmet, I think silver stripe with the black pants would look cool.

I say Texas is the only school that can pull off the all white. I thought the new all white looked better than the ones before but I am excited to see what is in the works

heres a thought. why the **** do we have to mess with the uni's? the last 2 years he dicked with them and now he wants to tweek it more? sounds like the BCS formula

heres a thought. why the **** do we have to mess with the uni's? the last 2 years he dicked with them and now he wants to tweek it more? sounds like the BCS formula

There's probably something in the nike contract about it.

:rolleyes:

Because everytime they change the uniforms the consumers go out and buy the new look. It generates more money for both parties so its beneficial more than anything else. Additionally, there is some evidence that recruits like it.

There's probably something in the nike contract about it.

:yeahthat:

Nike hired away CU's former equipment guy, Mike ____ (he was a good buddy of my brother's - can't remember his name tho'), a few years back and put him on the CU account, so I'm sure that was part of the agreement. CU is not as bad as Oregon in terms of craziness in their uniforms & we usually are on the cutting edge of a lot of the equipment (i.e. - the cooling hoses that attached to the pads) so I don't know if it's always a bad thing.

Doesn't hurt to tell recruits in the locker room tour that these are the uniforms, but Nike gives us new stuff every year, cuz YOU are special and your uniform will be a little different than '08s.

:yeahthat:

Nike hired away CU's former equipment guy, Mike ____ (he was a good buddy of my brother's - can't remember his name tho'), a few years back and put him on the CU account, so I'm sure that was part of the agreement. CU is not as bad as Oregon in terms of craziness in their uniforms & we usually are on the cutting edge of a lot of the equipment (i.e. - the cooling hoses that attached to the pads) so I don't know if it's always a bad thing.

The old equipment guy's last name is Smith. Seriously. Most peopele referred to him as Smitty.

Back