What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

are we going to get kids to sign?

Tini is taking some liberties in his analysis because the 2009 class was a transition class. In his first real recruiting class, Sarkisian finished 6th in the Pac-12.
Reason I'm doing that is because Embree hasn't had a full class yet. It won't be as good as his but we won't finish 11th.

Reason I'm doing that is because Embree hasn't had a full class yet. It won't be as good as his but we won't finish 11th.

The only comparison you can make right now is that Embree's transition class finished 12th and Sarkisian's transition class finished 11th. Any other comparison is faulty.

The only comparison you can make right now is that Embree's transition class finished 12th and Sarkisian's transition class finished 11th. Any other comparison is faulty.

I guess you can also compare first year wins. And Standford and Washington both did better, although it was with an easier schedule and they didn't have to go to a new conference, but I think we would all feel much better if CU was sitting on 3 wins right now instead of one.

it's not that solid when looking at the #'s thats why and actually none of these kids have actually signed yet? if we keep losing like we do, they might not...

After this i've really got to stop following so close cause this is a fight i'm NOT going to win.

BuffUp - signing cannot happen until national signing day which is in feb. Eventhough written letters were allowed to go out, nothing can be done until feb.

Ok......i'm out.

After this i've really got to stop following so close cause this is a fight i'm NOT going to win.

BuffUp - signing cannot happen until national signing day which is in feb. Eventhough written letters were allowed to go out, nothing can be done until feb.

Ok......i'm out.

I was afraid this was going to happen. The tone of Buff Up's posts on this topic has concerned me.

I hope we hear from you again soon, Moett.

Ok......i'm out.
way to make us look stupid guys. :lol:

This is a stupid thread to begin with and I don't know why its even allowed in the recruiting forum. Adding to the negativity doesn't help the cause. The kids we have are seem pretty solid and understand that its not going to turn around overnight. Maybe one or two kids don't end up signing in Feb but I say not much more. Most of the guys we have now are smart and treating it like a business decision...i.e. My ultimate goal is to get to the NFL. If I go to CU, I have NFL coaches with connections in the league and I can play, possibly even start my freshman year. If I go to other said school I will have to likely ride the bench for two years before I even think if seeing the field. We have two promising quarterbacks the guys recognize this and understand the coaching. The smart ones will sign chill jesus.

I'm getting really pissed at the general tone lately. I'm busy as all hell and just checked in. Seeing it migrate to the recruiting forum was not what I wanted to run into. We're in a rebuilding project and this isn't the place to vent. This is where we can be positive because we're looking to the future with some great kids who are seeing how they can be a part of a special legacy just as Embree was as a player here. Unless you are able to approach recruiting from that perspective DO NOT POST IN THIS FORUM.

I'm getting really pissed at the general tone lately. I'm busy as all hell and just checked in. Seeing it migrate to the recruiting forum was not what I wanted to run into. We're in a rebuilding project and this isn't the place to vent. This is where we can be positive because we're looking to the future with some great kids who are seeing how they can be a part of a special legacy just as Embree was as a player here. Unless you are able to approach recruiting from that perspective DO NOT POST IN THIS FORUM.
Time to move thread.

Rep to Tini for being positive and constructive here (wow). We have verbals from some very good prospects, and we have a HUGE class to fill out and a long way to go to fill it. Our staff has been brutally honest with everyone about everything thus far - you have to know that they are doing the same with recruits and selling the many other positives to come here.

Greg Brown is a great coach on the recruiting forum

Great example. If you have the opinion that Greg Brown isn't a coach that a player should want to play for, keep it to yourself or at least out of the recruiting forum. I honestly don't care if that offends you in some way.

So only positive comments to be made in the recruiting forum from now on. Gotcha.

This is not a new policy. It's been around as long as there has been a recruiting forum.

Just in case you've somehow missed it for the last two years, there's a sticky post in the recruiting forum with guidelines...
10-28-2009 04:09 PM #1
Buffnik

Blog Entries

Recruiting Forum Guidelines & Stoudt's Recruitipedia

Welcome to the Recruiting Forum

Quote Originally Posted by wsp4820 View Post
We hope you enjoy your stay! Why not register and stay a while? Registration is free (click here) and allows you to post as well as access additional forums available only to registered members.

We also have a live chat room available to our club members which will have live recruiting talk all day long. Club membership is a screaming good deal, only $15/year, and includes access to the chat room, access to even more double-secret super-special club-member-only forums, access to the Allbuffs Arcade, and more. Click here for more details.

Check us out, we hope you'll like what you see and join our online Buff community.

GO BUFFS!

Another benefit of registering is access to the allbuffs.com season ticket drawing. Allbuffs.com is a season ticket holder, and any registered user is eligible to enter the drawing for tickets.

Recruiting Forum Guidelines
Personal attacks against recruits, players or members will not be tolerated. Keep in mind that parents, coaches, and athlete's themselves view these boards. All users are required to represent AllBuffs in a positive manner.

Please use common sense during any discussion about any recruits. Critiquing a recruit's performance is acceptable, just keep in mind that these are high school kids here.

Do not post Premium Info from other sites except in teaser form (if an article) or if the information has aged a day (if from a message board). If it's been reported from multiple premium sources, don't worry about posting the info since no one can call it their exclusive premium content any more.If you are unsure about whether it's ok to post something, just ask a mod.

Do not post full stories. You are permitted to post a summary of an article or quote several lines of it and a link to the full story, but not the full article.

Do not hijack a player's thread. We all know that Clark Evans is Superman. But we don't need to turn his Profile thread into a discussion of why you like Clark bars, which woman who played Lois Lane on tv or in the movies is the hottest, etc., etc.

Before posting a thread, use the 'Recruit Profile Index', or the search feature to ensure there is not already a profile already up on the recruit. If there is already an existing thread, please use it.

The moderators have the final word. If you disagree with a Mod, do not attempt to settle your dispute on the board. Simply PM an Admin and the situation will be settled.
You may be a booster (most of us are). Be sure to: Protect Your Team

An additional rule for the Recruiting Forum is that we ask you to avoid making negative posts about the CU program, its coaches or a prospect's decision to become a Buff.

Further, any thread topics which discuss whether something going on with the program may have a negative impact on recruiting belongs in the CU Football forum.

Please remember that many potential Buffs pay attention to Internet forums. Our recruiting forum should be one place that is focused solely on how a prospect can help the Buffs get back to national prominence where we belong.

To re-iterate some of the most important rules regarding sourced material that you want to post:

Quote Originally Posted by Boulder Buff View Post
- When scoop is reported on the message board, don't re-report until it becomes an article, gets reported by another news outlet, or at least 24 hours have passed

- Pasting an excerpt from an article is fine, but don't paste the whole thing

- Include a link back to the original content

- Credit the source in your post

Please note the part in bold...

Eh, to the people whining about the move, the OP and tone of the thread wasn't centered around legitimate criticism of our recruiting, but instead was basically defeatist emo bull****. BB is a damn mod and he posts lots of less than glowing things about our recruiting, so don't try and claim it isn't allowed.

That said, **** authority, **** the junta, FIX THE REP METERS! :lol:

Further on Brown. I'm assuming that all of you complaining about him would think it was ok if CU went up against a team that had our defensive personnel and we were unable to move the ball. Because obviously any halfway competent DC would be able to shut down offenses like Washington, Stanford and Wazzu has with our guys... let alone being able to shut down the CU offense.

Further on Brown. I'm assuming that all of you complaining about him would think it was ok if CU went up against a team that had our defensive personnel and we were unable to move the ball. Because obviously any halfway competent DC would be able to shut down offenses like Washington, Stanford and Wazzu has with our guys... let alone being able to shut down the CU offense.

I'd also like a few names for people who could do better with all these injuries. B

I'd also like a few names for people who could do better with all these injuries. B

My point is really that I think it's no more than a frustrated fanbase trying to find a place to direct its anger and lash out. You blame scheme when you have enough talent to compete and you fail. To your injury point, we were scheming to cover things up from the start of the season. Now we've had reserves go in for injured guys who weren't able to get it done, opposing OCs have several weeks of film, and we're pretty much out of options except to play young guys to get them ready for 2012. It's not like you can run sophisticated schemes when half the guys on the field for you are freshmen and no one in his right mind thinks we are talented enough to line up in a vanilla scheme and stop anyone with pure talent.

Brown has very little to work with back there. At the Wazzu game it was pretty glaring there were some guys playing in the DB that just aren't up to the challenge. In some cases it is a talent issue, others an experieince issue, others are being asked to play out of position. It's ugly. Even if all the players were healthy and eligible it would be ugly.

And it not just the DB's there are huge holes in the roster at very nearly every position. Even where CU has talent, there is no depth. In someplaces, there isn't even talent in front of the lack of depth. CU needs players, period.

My point is really that I think it's no more than a frustrated fanbase trying to find a place to direct its anger and lash out. You blame scheme when you have enough talent to compete and you fail. To your injury point, we were scheming to cover things up from the start of the season. Now we've had reserves go in for injured guys who weren't able to get it done, opposing OCs have several weeks of film, and we're pretty much out of options except to play young guys to get them ready for 2012. It's not like you can run sophisticated schemes when half the guys on the field for you are freshmen and no one in his right mind thinks we are talented enough to line up in a vanilla scheme and stop anyone with pure talent.
Which is why I'm giving Brown a pass for this year.

I have been a critic of Brown, but I am willing to admit he has been dealt a pretty bad hand. My only concern, and it has been my concern from the start, is how long a leash the assistants get.

It's a zero sum game. It is highly unlikely to consistently finish in the bottom quarter of recruiting rankings and end up at the top quarter in w/l record in a BCS conference. Sure, a team can put it together for a year or two with "less talent" or exceptional coaching, but over time the law of averages catches up to you.

That said, it's amazing how poorly UCLA can do with good recruits. It defies logic.

I have been a critic of Brown, but I am willing to admit he has been dealt a pretty bad hand. My only concern, and it has been my concern from the start, is how long a leash the assistants get.
And I don't think anyone can argue with that. If it's the same ol next year, Embree will need to take a hard look at Brown or any of the other assistants and go from there, which I trust that he will.

I am and not trying to start a fight between everyone - was trying to make the point that we can sell play time and the NFL coaches connections.... I am a little worried about teenagers and what they base their decisions on - right or wrong - kids like playing for winners and winning records... they seem to be shallow thinkers sometimes? As a parent you want your kids to make the correct decisions, but un-fortunetly some would rather ride the pine on a winning programs bench - I do not agree with that thought!!

It's a zero sum game. It is highly unlikely to consistently finish in the bottom quarter of recruiting rankings and end up at the top quarter in w/l record in a BCS conference. Sure, a team can put it together for a year or two with "less talent" or exceptional coaching, but over time the law of averages catches up to you.
Meh. Here's Stanford's recruiting rankings in the Pac 12:

2006 (pre-Harbaugh): #11 in the Pac 12
2007 (Harbaugh's first year, 4-8): #10 in the Pac 12
2008 (5-7): #9 in the Pac 12
2009 (8-5): #3 in the Pac 12
2010: (12-1): #5 in the Pac 12

Now he got a once in a decade player in Andrew Luck that helped out but you can build a team off of 3*'s if you have a good, or in his case, a great QB.

CU gave up 400 yrds a game last year with NFL cornerbacks. We hire Brown and replace those guys with a 4th string WR. Our def "collapses" to 409 yrds per game. Ooohhh.

Threads like this should be in Barzil in the future. For people to want to go to Negative Town, and don't have club membership, pay up.

Back