1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are we looking to finish strong?

Discussion in 'University of Colorado Recruiting Archive' started by fatbuff, Jan 28, 2011.

1. fatbuff

fatbuff Well-Known Member

http://recruiting.scout.com/2/1043216.html

I dont follow recruiting closely enough to know how well we really are doing, but the comment on Hoke stood out to me. He already has 9 new recruits for meatchicken. Are these guys he was already recruiting and were going to go to SDSU, or studs that wouldnt consider SDSU but have been swayed to UM?
    I know that we started off in a pretty big hole, and it is a small class, but I'm not liking the number 81 ranking. Where do you recruiting heads think we will end up?

2. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

IMO there will be a few good players in this class, but overall it will be no better than a transitional class. D II was mailing it in last year, and put no effort into virtually anything. I continue to shake my head at the sheer idiocy of the admin. keeping Hawk floating in the bowl instead of pulling the chain and flushing last year. That did more damage than most would like to admit IMO. Yet the brain trust can spend $780K on a new logo. Keeping D II through 2010 did ten times the damage to goodwill any silly logo change could correct.

In the end, I would expect the Buffs to end up in the bottom half ranking wise, but that misstates the class since most recruiting services weight the rankings partially on number of commits, and CU just doesn't have that many scholly's to give this year.

Under the circumstances, Embo and staff have done a pretty good job landing some talent, essentially starting from scratch since D II had his thumb up his ***, drawing a fat paycheck to watch Jr. play. Most of the time a recruit is the result of a lengthy process that Embo and stafff simply could not replicate in two months. JMO.

3. absinthe

absinthe Ambitious but rubbish. Club Member Junta Member

i dont think so, finishing strong seems cliche'd

4. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

There are 4 or 5 guys we could close with that would really change the perception of this class.

5. leftybuff

I hope Embo and staff can do it....:thumbsup:

6. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Yep. Next Wednesday is going to be fun to watch. We could actually land the best two players in our class (by a good margin too) on signing day. Would be nice.

7. Daaah

Daaah Club Member Club Member

Who's that? The 3* WR and the 3-4* LB?

8. Fight CU

Fight CU Club Member Club Member

I love sleepers and silent commits - more please

9. leftybuff

Ricky Thenarse was probably the best sleeper CU ever recruited....he ended up in cornville.

10. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Yes, it is Lucien (4* on Rivals and Scout) and Willingham, whose rating varies a bit but is an important in-state get.

11. Daaah

Daaah Club Member Club Member

Indeed he is a unanimous 4*. Looks like the thread has not been updated. Awesome!

12. buffsyko

buffsyko Club Member Club Member

Well, we already have some awesome Silent commits according to klatt....