What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Are we really as bad as we think?

You can't look at the plays you needed to have a winning record without looking at the plays you made to get the wins too. How many plays were we away from 3-9 or 2-10? As BB said, you are what your record says you are.

You can't look at the plays you needed to have a winning record without looking at the plays you made to get the wins too. How many plays were we away from 3-9 or 2-10? As BB said, you are what your record says you are.

I said that in my first post as well.

And while I do agree in this situtation that you are what your record says, I DO NOT agree with that all the time. Teams can be better or worse than their record depending on a lot of things including the schedule, luck and injuries. Kind of like the best team doesn't always win the game. However as for last years Buffs, yes we were what are record was.

I am a stupid optimist and I think we are going to win 8 games.

I don't care we haven't won a road game in something like 3 years
I don't care we only won 5 games last year

I think coaching was what really held our team back last year. We looked like a different team as soon as Cabral took over, sure we got exposed versus Nebraska who were much more talented than we were, but we beats the teams with similar skill levels to us.

Executing the new offensive system and cb play will dictate our success. Our lack of speed should be overcome by a new physicality, but as optimistic as I'd like to be I think a new coach and system and playing teams with solid olines/qbs are going to be able to exploit the secondary.

That said, how much can great safeties make up for weak cbs?

If we didn't have all the uncertainties and difficulties of having a completely new staff with completely new systems, I'd actually be confident in a bowl game this year. But those are big hurdles to overcome. I'd feel a lot better if we had gotten out of the Cal game and scheduled a cupcake instead of Ohio State so we had a good chance of being 4-0 heading into our conference opener with Washington State.

Our overall talent and speed has declined over the years, the schedule is brutal, and we have no weeks off. We are bound to have some injuries, we just need to hope they aren't serious or in critical positions where we have little to no depth (esp. QB). I think the Hawaii game is make or break for winning 5 games. Go Buffs, prove me wrong!

Back