What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Are you a fan of CU joining the Pac-10?

I've never been in favor of CU moving to the Pac-10. From a geographical perspective, CU is definitely a better fit with bordering states Kansas, knebraska, and Oklahoma instead of the Pac-10 where all the schools are at least a couple of states away. And what more, if anything, does the Pac-10 have to offer as far as a TV package is concerned? Their games are on ABC/ESPN and FSN just like the Big 12 games are. :huh:

Wont ever happen. Super conference would be the last thing any of those teams would do. SEC teams already bitch about how hard it is to come out of the regular season without a loss (luckily the Big XII doesn't complain like this) but you wouldn't see powerhouse programs form a conference like that where it would be damn near impossible to not have a loss or two and ruin their chances at the national championship. None of the top schools would go undefeated anymore (very unlikely at least)

It would make for great football though.

Eventually, IMHO, it's going to come down to money (more of it and paying players) and not titles and reputation. You're possibly talking of a product that could pass the NFL in scope and popularity.

What I'm saying is that I believe there are a host of schools that can form a super league and cut the other 100 schools (including Colorado) out of the pie altogether. Get out of the NCAA and make their own rules. Then, they can charge more for the regular season and a playoff format that would be created.

Which would you most want to be real?

Santa Claus
Easter Bunny
Tooth Fairy

CU to the pac 10 is a far more likely occurrence than csu ever being a program that matters in major college ball.

thanks for playing.

I've never been in favor of CU moving to the Pac-10. From a geographical perspective, CU is definitely a better fit with bordering states Kansas, knebraska, and Oklahoma instead of the Pac-10 where all the schools are at least a couple of states away. And what more, if anything, does the Pac-10 have to offer as far as a TV package is concerned? Their games are on ABC/ESPN and FSN just like the Big 12 games are. :huh:

Well I think the Pro of the Pac 10 is that there isn't a set #2 team and since CU is closed out of that talk in the Big 12...there is possibility that they could revive themselves by competing with Oregon and the Arizona Schools. Oregon has a grip on that title, but it's not a solid grip since it all depends on how strong the influence of Nike will be in the future.

Eventually, IMHO, it's going to come down to money (more of it and paying players) and not titles and reputation. You're possibly talking of a product that could pass the NFL in scope and popularity.

What I'm saying is that I believe there are a host of schools that can form a super league and cut the other 100 schools (including Colorado) out of the pie altogether. Get out of the NCAA and make their own rules. Then, they can charge more for the regular season and a playoff format that would be created.

Wow :wow: you have quite the imagination there. Okay, I suppose it could happen. I don't believe it will though. For now I'm gonna stick with very unlikely. If 10 years from now this does happen you can say "I told you so." I do agree with you that money might become more important to some schools than National Championships. Problem with that is National Championships generate money, and if you are focused on money and not winning National Championships your program will slowly start to decline with the money following.

Buffs in Pac-10 play makes sense. All major conferences need to move to CCG's (Big 12, SEC, ACC have one, and it's time to get the Big 10, Pac 10, and Big East (? if they are a major conference right now) on board.

That, plus eliminating preseason polls, would do more to solve national championship questions than a playoff IMO.

Buffs in Pac-10 play makes sense. All major conferences need to move to CCG's (Big 12, SEC, ACC have one, and it's time to get the Big 10, Pac 10, and Big East (? if they are a major conference right now) on board.

That, plus eliminating preseason polls, would do more to solve national championship questions than a playoff IMO.

I'd rather see them eliminate the CCG's and play a full conference schedule instead so we can determine a true conference champion. It's just not right that a 3 or 4-loss team from one division of a conference can pull one upset over an undefeated or 1-loss team and earn the right to be called conference champion based on that one victory.

But that's not gonna happen because just like the conference basketball tournaments, it's a money-making event. :sad2: Plus playing a full conference schedule in a 12-team league only leaves one non-conference game, which is why an 8 or 10-team league is ideal.

The pac-10 would never take us anyway. We're not good enough to make a move right now so until we start beating top 25 teams then let's not talk about a conference move.

The pac-10 would never take us anyway. We're not good enough to make a move right now so until we start beating top 25 teams then let's not talk about a conference move.

I disagree that the reason they wouldn't take us is our level of play. You could argue that if we were world-beaters they wouldn't want us to come in and dominate the conference.

I'd rather see them eliminate the CCG's and play a full conference schedule instead so we can determine a true conference champion. It's just not right that a 3 or 4-loss team from one division of a conference can pull one upset over an undefeated or 1-loss team and earn the right to be called conference champion based on that one victory.

But that's not gonna happen because just like the conference basketball tournaments, it's a money-making event. :sad2: Plus playing a full conference schedule in a 12-team league only leaves one non-conference game, which is why an 8 or 10-team league is ideal.

That's a valid point. Why not make all the BCS games "at large" and move away from automatic bids. That would put more emphasis on the regular season and not just one game.

I disagree that the reason they wouldn't take us is our level of play. You could argue that if we were world-beaters they wouldn't want us to come in and dominate the conference.

Look at Miami and Va Tech, the only reason why the ACC decided to take them away from the Big East and form a super ACC conference was because these two teams were at the top of their games right before the conference move. Yes it hasn't worked well for the ACC and it has worked better for the Big East for teams like WVU. Even if we moved to the pac-10 it would probably take us another 5 years to establish ourselves before we could really compete with recruiting out in the westcoast.

That's a valid point. Why not make all the BCS games "at large" and move away from automatic bids. That would put more emphasis on the regular season and not just one game.

They really screw up the BCS bowls by doing it like they do. If they wanted to create the best games (which I know they don't care about), what they would simply do is after the top 2 teams are chosen for the BCS title game, simply take the remaining conference champs, and the at-large spots automatically go to the highest remaining ranked teams. Simple, straight-forward, and it would make sense. Oh wait, that's why they don't it this way. :bang:

Look at Miami and Va Tech, the only reason why the ACC decided to take them away from the Big East and form a super ACC conference was because these two teams were at the top of their games right before the conference move. Yes it hasn't worked well for the ACC and it has worked better for the Big East for teams like WVU. Even if we moved to the pac-10 it would probably take us another 5 years to establish ourselves before we could really compete with recruiting out in the westcoast.

Miami and VT may have been at the top of their games at the time, but that's not why the ACC took them. They took Miami and BC because of the TV markets they brought, and VT because of the pressure that UVA put on the ACC to do so.

CU to the pac 10 is a far more likely occurrence than csu ever being a program that matters in major college ball.

thanks for playing.

Yeah, Im sure the Pac 10 is beating down the door after that loss in College Station, and what looks to be a bowl-less season in Hawks 3rd year. But maybe its your basketball team that is the savior in the deal :lol::lol::lol:

Yes, yes, a thousand times, yes! We would fit so much better in the Pac-10 ... and the road trips would be vastly better, too.

CU would still be >500 miles from it's nearest conference foe.

I'm for bringing CSU or AFA into the B12 just for the sake of proximity.

Just kidding, CSU and AFA would be nice to play against for travel purposes. Unfortunately we'd probably have to go to the MWC to make that happen.

Come on. Even now, in this awful year, I'd say we beat more than half of the Pac - 10 teams. They suck.

ASU and UCLA?

In either of these games, the offenses would be terrible and the defenses would stand firm, but I believe that both ASU and UCLA have better athletes and eventually talent would win out.

The lack of athletes is a huge issue to me with the Buffs.

ASU and UCLA?

In either of these games, the offenses would be terrible and the defenses would stand firm, but I believe that both ASU and UCLA have better athletes and eventually talent would win out.

The lack of athletes is a huge issue to me with the Buffs.

I don't think the problem we had against A&M or Kansas was athletes. We've recruited right along with those guys for several years now, and have done better than them recently. It's not a talent differential, it's an execution differential that we're experiencing right now.

California is a huge recruiting area for the Buffs. We are the only Big 12 team with a size able number of Cali players on the roster. Looking at our recruiting this year again you'll see far more players from the west coast than from Texas/Oklahoma.

Being able to play games on the west coast, as opposed to Bum****Egypt (i.e almost all Big 12 schools) would have to make leaving their home states less difficult.

But, I guess we talked about this last year, and we wouldn't want to have any repeat conversations would we? Oh wait, I'd rather talk about this than Ron freakin' Prince.

No, we need to recreate the old Skyline Conference:

Colorado
Colorado State
Utah
Utah State
BYU
Wyoming
New Mexico

Get Arizona and Arizona State from the Pac Ten

throw in Air Force, Boise State, and UTEP.

With Utah, BYU, Boise State, CU, and ASU you could gain automatic BCS access. With Utah State, CSU, Wyoming, UTEP as a "lower tier" the "upper tier" teams should always have good records. You don't want to do what the ACC did and have 12 (OK 11, sorry Duke) schools that are all beating each other up every week. The "mid tier" of Arizona, Air Force, New Mexico are all solid programs that would lend respect to the conference.

Hawaii and Fresno State jump in to the Pac Ten to make it 10 again.

San Diego State and UNLV go back to the WAC, with Montana making the jump so they have 8 schools.

and TCU replaces Colorado in the Big XII (but in the South Division) with Oklahoma moving to the North Division to renew OU-Braska rivalry and balance the league.

No, we need to recreate the old Skyline Conference:

Colorado
Colorado State
Utah
Utah State
BYU
Wyoming
New Mexico

Get Arizona and Arizona State from the Pac Ten

throw in Air Force, Boise State, and UTEP.

With Utah, BYU, Boise State, CU, and ASU you could gain automatic BCS access. With Utah State, CSU, Wyoming, UTEP as a "lower tier" the "upper tier" teams should always have good records. You don't want to do what the ACC did and have 12 (OK 11, sorry Duke) schools that are all beating each other up every week. The "mid tier" of Arizona, Air Force, New Mexico are all solid programs that would lend respect to the conference.

Hawaii and Fresno State jump in to the Pac Ten to make it 10 again.

San Diego State and UNLV go back to the WAC, with Montana making the jump so they have 8 schools.

and TCU replaces Colorado in the Big XII (but in the South Division) with Oklahoma moving to the North Division to renew OU-Braska rivalry and balance the league.

Abso****inglutely not.

Back