What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Are you guys happy??????

Which all just goes to prove my point. CU fans only turn up when the program is winning. When the program goes through some tough time, CU fans stay home.

92% of capacity since 2006. If you haven't noticed, we have NOT been winning since 2006. And no, they aren't all opposing fans....

Maybe we should address the reason times are tough and the teams aren't winning, rather than the way the fans respond to it???? :huh:

It's all our fault :cry::cry:

We all suck as fans. CU needs to go out and get some real fans. Fans so loyal and tolerant they could go 0-12 for the next ten years and no one would utter a peep.

These real fans would all keep the faith, never say a single negative word about a recruit, player, coach, regent or administrator and always believe the big turn around will be just a year away. These real fans would sell out every game, lose their voices even when the Buffs were behind 49 - 0 and utter a constant flow of Black and Gold Koolaid from their internet sites.

If they get rid of the fans they have now and just start over with these new and improved fans there may even be time to get Jones, Martin, Hinder, Spond and Bonnell into the fold and on the dotted line in February.

Really how could we all be so stupid. The solution is right in front of us. Just get rid of the fans we have now, replace them with this new breed of fans and the program will be fixed in no time at all.

Stop blaming the fans...they are not the only one's to blame and frankly have been reasonably supportive by CU standards through the past four "less than respectable" seasons.

The fanbase had every bit of hope kicked out of the them the day before this game so that is why everyone was deflated. As the stupid ST plays happened it was very much a "great - guess we get to look forward to this crap again next year" type of sentiment in the stands.

As for the the huge number of KNU fans - not very atypical. The stadium has always been littered by those asshats every time we play them. Do you remember how many of them there were for the '89 game when it was for all the marbles - not much different. Just appeared worse because there were a lot of Buff fans who chose to do other things that day vs. come watch another signature Hawk "ah geez we're close" kind of game.

While I don't like it at all, fans chose to react in whatever way they felt that day as they are still choosing to do today. A large majority of the fanbases would act similarly after getting absolutely kicked in the nuts the day before. Just hard to tell since very few fanbases have to withstand this type of kick to the nuts.

FWIW...I held up my end of the bargain by getting the kNU fans in my section to STFU. :smile2:

Let's make sure we understand what I am blaming the fans for.

1) I am not blaming them for Hawkins pathetic record while at CU.
2) I am not blaming the fans for being unhappy and wanting to go in a new direction.

I am blaming the fans for allowing kNU to turn Folsom into a home away from home. And yes that includes the 80's when. kNU has always been able to come to Folsom and put alot of red in our stadium. This is suppose to be our RIVAL is it not? Do 15K CU fans show up in Lincoln every other year?

Again I don't care what our fan bases thoughts are on the staff or admin. But the bottom line facts about CU fans is we only show up on Sat when our team is winning. This has been CU's MO for a long time. Not just under Hawkins.

That 92% figure can almost entirely be attributed to Mike Bohn, IMO. The guy is tireless when it comes to this kind of stuff. The problem is that he's getting folks into the stands, only to have them watch a piss-poor product on the field and decide that there really ARE better things to be doing on a Saturday afternoon. That's got to be frustrating.

Again I don't care what our fan bases thoughts are on the staff or admin. But the bottom line facts about CU fans is we only show up on Sat when our team is winning. This has been CU's MO for a long time. Not just under Hawkins.

You act like this is unique to just CU fans. This is 95% of all sports fans across the country. We like winners. It's a pretty simple equation. Winning=More Fans.

3-8 record and being one of the worst BCS conference teams had nothing to do with that at all.

Out of curiosity Chilly, how many games did you attend this season?

I traveled for 2 games this year and I watched every televised game on TV except for 1 in which my daughter had a soccer game, but hey ESPN play by plan did just fine over the phone.

Does this give me the proper credentials to point out the obvious about our fanbase.

Which all just goes to prove my point. CU fans only turn up when the program is winning. When the program goes through some tough time, CU fans stay home. I can promise you that when LSU was crappy back in the 80's and 90's you still didn't see 15,000 fans from a rival SEC school show up in that stadium. As bad as those years were, and it was a long stretch of bad football, especially in the 90's. They still averaged 70K a game in attendance.

CU fans would rather tell you how we have better things to do with their time and money on Sat. Fans of the big boys tell you what time to show up for next weeks tailgate.

Showing up on Saturdays to cheer on you favorite football team, win or lose, does mean you are apathetic. It means that, no matter what is going on, there is nothing better than showing up to root for you favorite football team and enjoy festivities that go along with a College Football. I don't care what our record is, there will never be any better way I can think of to spend my Sat then either watching or attending a CU football game.

I'm glad that you feel this way, but I wouldn't be so harsh on CU fans. Yes, I do think CU fans in general can be fairweather, rude, and ignorant of their sports. However, that happens in a LOT of fanbases. Sure, some schools have the rabid support you mention, but most don't. I also think you lionize how great other fanbases are. If LSU went through some mediocre years (Neuheisel), and then had a few succesful years (2001 under GB) followed by more mediocirty (Big 12 North Champs, but not great teams), and then some horrible years, I think their fanbase would suffer. In fact, you sort of proved that it did. LSU has a great fanbase, but Tiger Stadium held 80k people back in the 80s to 90s. It's been renovated further to hold I think around 90k, and now in light of their success, their ticket is in hot demand. So, LSU failed to get 10k fans into their stadium, or about 1/8 of the stadium was empty. That sounds about right where CU was (more or less). And...I'd imagine that whenever Alabama had a great string of winning seasons and LSU seemed on the decline, there were a good amount of Alabama fans in attendance.

Let's make sure we understand what I am blaming the fans for.

1) I am not blaming them for Hawkins pathetic record while at CU.
2) I am not blaming the fans for being unhappy and wanting to go in a new direction.

I am blaming the fans for allowing kNU to turn Folsom into a home away from home. And yes that includes the 80's when. kNU has always been able to come to Folsom and put alot of red in our stadium. This is suppose to be our RIVAL is it not? Do 15K CU fans show up in Lincoln every other year?

Whew! At least those of us that were students/fans in the 70's are innocent!

I traveled for 2 games this year and I watched every televised game on TV except for 1 in which my daughter had a soccer game, but hey ESPN play by plan did just fine over the phone.

Does this give me the proper credentials to point out the obvious about our fanbase.
you do know that you blasting the fans for losing recruits is a ****ing stupid argument right? Nobody cheers for crap. and Hawk made sure there was a lot of crap.

Look, just call up Mike and ask what you can do to help. That is really all you need to do.

You act like this is unique to just CU fans. This is 95% of all sports fans across the country. We like winners. It's a pretty simple equation. Winning=More Fans.

I know it's not unique.

My problem is what I do find unique about CU fans, is that we talk as if we should be in the running for the Big12 championship every year, but we don't support our programs to the same degree as those fans do. Sorry if it hurts.

If, and I truly mean if, our we want to see CU compete annually for the Big12 then we need to stop staying at home when our rival comes to town.

State what? That 92% capacity in one of the worst stretches in school history somehow makes our fans pathetic?

you do know that you blasting the fans for losing recruits is a ****ing stupid argument right? Nobody cheers for crap. and Hawk made sure there was a lot of crap.

It was the recruits quote not mine.

What do you think he meant by

"The stands were so quiet. It was a whole different feeling from the first game (hosting CSU) to the last."

"The stands were so quiet. It was a whole different feeling from the first game (hosting CSU) to the last."

Gee, I don't know. What happened between the first game and the last that might have tempered some of the passion of the fans? I'm stumped.

15 f'in thousand fans in Folsom wearing RED!!!!! I guess that was the players and coaches fault.

Big time programs don't have fans tuck tail and run when things get tough. CU will always be a little fish in a big pond as long as our fan base to tuck tail and run when things get a little tough.

I could careless if you like the Coach, AD, or University Pres. Doesn't matter. CU fans are the only fans I know of that want to think our program can run with the big boys, yet we stay home on Sat. with our tails tucked between our legs when things get a little tough.

Again 15K kNU fans in Folsom for "rival game". Doesn't happen at big time programs.

Ridiculous argument as usual. It's really simple. Win adn the fans will support. Do a half assed job playing and coaching and there's no reason for the fans to give a ****. And any 'fan' that supports the half assed coaching and play at this time needs to re-evaluate themselves.

He also said:

"I want it to be at a program that's at a high point rather than a low point."

But you choose to believe the fans are the biggest problem. Hmmm.

I know it's not unique.

My problem is what I do find unique about CU fans, is that we talk as if we should be in the running for the Big12 championship every year, but we don't support our programs to the same degree as those fans do. Sorry if it hurts.

If, and I truly mean if, our we want to see CU compete annually for the Big12 then we need to stop staying at home when our rival comes to town.

The sea of red in Folsom had died back a lot over the last several years, until this year. Somehow, that didn't put CU on top of the conference...

Go back to the time this program was at the top of the national stage and the stands were full. Which ended first? The performance on the field fell, then the attendance. So much for the decline of the program being the fault of the fans who don't show up for *ebraska games, I guess.... :huh:

Like I said before - let's look at the real reasons this program isn't even competitive, let alone at the top of the league, not at how the fans react...

he meant that after a 4th losing season in a row, the fans had become apathetic. Now, is that the fans fault or the coaches? Should we cheer when the other team scores a TD? Or when we have our 3d offensive penalty in the red zone? Or our coach calls a ****ing stupid timeout? What happened when kNU had a bad year or 2 under callahan? Were they JUST AS LOUD, or did they phone in death threats etc?

He also said:

"I want it to be at a program that's at a high point rather than a low point."

But you choose to believe the fans are the biggest problem. Hmmm.

IMO Spond's qoute says it all. Players like to win. Fans like to win. That is the bottom line. All the rest is posturing. All we have gotten out of Capt. Juicebox is posturing.

No 15K rival kNU fans owning Folsom does.

How many kNU fans do you think would have been able to get in there if the season hadn't already been turned into a total abomination by a coaching staff that the administration chose to announce would return prior to the game??

A lot of fans stayed away not because they don't support the team, but because they do and feel the need to send a message to the administration. You may remember they tried to send a message at the aTm game without staying away, and were told by the coach that they weren't "real fans".... :rolleyes:

No 15K rival kNU fans owning Folsom does.

And I'll say it AGAIN. If CU is 9-2 heading into that game, there's no way in hell there are that many fuskers in the stands. Would you like me to repeat it one more time?

If CU is 9-2 heading into that game, there's no way in hell there are that many fuskers in the stands.

And I'll say it AGAIN. If CU is 9-2 heading into that game, there's no way in hell there are that many fuskers in the stands. Would you like me to repeat it one more time?

If CU is 9-2 heading into that game, there's no way in hell there are that many fuskers in the stands.

Hell if CU has 5 wins going into that game things would have been much different. The game didn't mean ****. It was on the holiday weekend. It was the last game in a very dissapointing year.

I was still there. I was still screaming my head off. Mdelpizzo was still there screaming his head off. Anyone that decided that they would rather spend time with their families will not draw any ire from me.

Back