What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Are you guys happy??????

Chilly refuses to blame Hawkins for anything. It's also our fault that Hawkins has led the Buffs to 4 straight losing seasons, and a 3-9 record in 2009.

Not Hawkins fault...our fault.

Chilly refuses to blame Hawkins for anything. It's also our fault that Hawkins has led the Buffs to 4 straight losing seasons, and a 3-9 record in 2009.

Not Hawkins fault...our fault.

Doesn't this get old after a while? Blame Hawkins all you want, but what good does that do now? I was hoping he would be replaced like most people, but he wasn't and he's the coach in 2010. It's not what we wanted, but that's life. Complaining incessantly about him job performance won't get him fired now, so other than blowing off steam, it doesn't help and won't change the admin's mind now.

I hope Hawk wins 10 games next year and proves everyone who wanted him gone (myself included) wrong. But I don't need to be a Hawk fan or a Benson fan to be a fan of the program which was here before the current staff and will be here long after they are gone.

Go Buffs!

Doesn't this get old after a while? Blame Hawkins all you want, but what good does that do now? I was hoping he would be replaced like most people, but he wasn't and he's the coach in 2010. It's not what we wanted, but that's life. Complaining incessantly about him job performance won't get him fired now, so other than blowing off steam, it doesn't help and won't change the admin's mind now.

I hope Hawk wins 10 games next year and proves everyone who wanted him gone (myself included) wrong. But I don't need to be a Hawk fan or a Benson fan to be a fan of the program which was here before the current staff and will be here long after they are gone.

Go Buffs!

I think Mania took it a little too far. I don't think for one second that Chilly is blaming the fans. He just thinks it sucks that we're not able to sell out Folsom regardless of the opponent and record. I think that sucks, too. I would love it if we had an 80,000 seat stadium that would be filled to capacity to watch a 3-9 team play Southern Utah. We're a long, long way from that, though. The problem is that most of us here are not to blame for that particular phenominon. We do show up, and have for a very long time. So his criticisms hit a little close to home. We're doing everything we can, and our loyalty is taken for granted by those in charge at the university.

I'm completely with you. It's difficult because let's face it, the CU fanbase as a whole is not the same as the upper tier SEC schools, and it's probably not entirely unfair to label a large portion of the CU base "fairweather".

The problem is that for the most part, Allbuffers tend to be the exception to the rule - people here likely represent the more passionate and diehard Buff fans and don't like having the "true fan police" telling them they are part of the problem. I don't blame them for taking offense, if CU is ever to get back on top it will be in part because passionate fans refused to settle for mediocrity - but rooting for the program we have and demanding it gets better don't have to be mututally exclusive.

I like how we are now recruiting players that have 0 D1 offers. That is really awesome and shows that we are heading in the right direction.

Every single 0 star player we recruit is going to be as good as or better than Rodney Stewart. Every single one of them, OK?

When hawk brings something positive to the CU table, then things will change. Until then, fans will question anything he says because none of the goals he spewd have been met and if recruiting is any indication, he'll be gone soon.

I got crucified last year for saying the same about hawk, yet here we are, groundhog day again ....

Back