1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are you happy with CU switching Conferences?

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Jens1893, Jun 11, 2010.

?

Are you happy CU is going West?

1. Yes and I live in Colorado

59 vote(s)
    60.2%
  2. Yes and I live in Pac 10 country

7 vote(s)
    7.1%
  3. Yes and I live in Big XII country minus Colorado

11 vote(s)
    11.2%
  4. Yes and I live somewhere else

19 vote(s)
    19.4%
  5. No and I live in Colorado

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. No and I live in Pac 10 country

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. No and I live in Big XII country minus Colorado

1 vote(s)
    1.0%
  8. No and I live somewhere else

1 vote(s)
    1.0%
  1. Jens1893

Jens1893 Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Let´s see if some people have changed their minds since February when the thing first really came up.

2. aik

aik Club Member Club Member

I liked the status quo at first, but now I'm very excited for the move. I think a change in scenery, hell, a change in something was what I needed to regain my excitement for the program. It sure wasn't going to be a change in coaching announced anytime soon. Love Phoenix and SoCal. Looking forward to it.

3. Mick Ronson

Mick Ronson Well-Known Member

brian jonestown massacre : anenome

4. Mick Ronson

Mick Ronson Well-Known Member

we need to get better. change is a motivator, but i'm iffy on Danny Hawk giving us reason to believe.

5. Jens1893

My opinion on Dan Hawkins as a football coach hasn´t changed, but I refuse to let this spoil my jubilant mood. This is the first time since the West Virginia game at Folsom that I am truly happy about something with CU so I will just enjoy the moment as reality is gonna set in soon enough. Maybe it´s just the novelty and we will hate the move when novelty has worn off, but I at least have something to look forward to with CU football right now.

6. buffs04

buffs04 Well-Known Member

What is more important to me than the fact that we are going to end up in the pac-whatever is the fact that we aren't going to end up in the Mountain west.

7. FlaBuff

FlaBuff I drive a Dodge Stratus! Club Member

Even though it moves the Buffs further to the other side of the planet from me, I like it because I will get to see more Buff games. The Pac-10 gets a lot of games down here anyway(I guess as dessert for the big 10 retirees and transplants) and with a Pac 10 network there will be even more availible on TV.

8. UrbanaBuff

UrbanaBuff Member

I am most excited about the academic prestige that will accompany this move.

Our degrees just got a bit more valuable, and will only appreciate going forward...

9. 13Buff

13Buff Club Member Club Member

I Voted Yes, I live in Colorado. but I am confused, I also live in PAC-10 country. Thats going take some getting used to.

10. Jens1893

Kim Jong would be proud :)

11. Jens1893

When we last did this poll in February it was an overwhelming majority in favor of a move, but we had quite a few people voting no also. If you voted no in February, what has caused you to change your mind?

12. Buffsfan09

Buffsfan09 Member

I've definitely changed my mind once I heard the conference would fold, I was very scared we would get relegated to the crappy mountain west. I still say, if the Big 12 were to stay as it is today, and we were the only ones to leave for the PAC-10, I think that would be a bad move, to go from a good conference to a lesser conference from purely a football perspective, financially I always thought it made sense. A lot has changed in terms of size and scope of realignment since Feb so I think this is the right move today.

13. rodrigo

rodrigo Well-Known Member

This. As much as I embrace the move west, I'm even more stoked about the way it appeared to happen: while everybody else was pissing all over themselves, bad-mouthing, chest-beating, threatening, blah, blah, blah, CU just did it. While all the media and blogosphere was tripping over each trying to devine up from down and everybody talked about Texas, Notre Dame, Nebraska, CU just made it happen.

Maybe I'm missing something. Maybe I'm over simplifying. But for the first time in an awful long time CU came out of this looking extremely competent and in charge.

Well done.

Let's hope this is just the beginning of a new trajectory.

14. AlferdJasper

AlferdJasper Well-Known Member

I want to vote again.

I was happy yesterday and I'm even happier today.

15. Clean Undies

Clean Undies Flagship of the 12-Pac Club Member

+1. Still Ecstatic!

16. ladyblaise

ladyblaise Club Member Club Member

This. I think earlier in the year, I was not on board. But with superconferences becoming a reality, I believe that this conference stands to muscle money, prestige, and has tie ins to rich tradition. I believe that the SuperPac / PacX will produce a contender for the mNC every year. Period. If Colorado had been the only one to jump ship, I would have been uneasy about the move.