What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Arizona basketball fans vs. Nebraska football fans?

Are the Zona fans our new Fuskers?

• Yes

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • No

Votes: 23 28.4%
  • Jury's still out

Votes: 34 42.0%

• Total voters
The behavior of Arizona fans are a reflection of the personality of coach. Angry and clingy to tradition.

The behavior and comments from Cu players after the first game, PAC 12 media day and before this game reflect their coach; delusional, obnoxious and whiny.

Back to the kiddie table

The behavior and comments from Cu players after the first game, PAC 12 media day and before this game reflect their coach; delusional, obnoxious and whiny.

Back to the kiddie table

Okay. Say "hi" to the other kids.

They won't even come close until some Arizona grad opens a fan store in Limon.

A couple of trolls does not make them fuskers, yet. With emphasis on the yet. This group is working hard to get the honor but I have not found all UofA fans to be this douschey or trolly. We will see as we rack up more wins and frustrate them more over time if they migrate to the same level as fuskers. At least they do not claim to be the classiest fans in bball. That would push the fusker comparison real quickly.

My how soon we forget. Jeezus, people. We STILL get dooshes like Surveyor here three years after the last game we played against those retards. It's not even close.

These are on mark.

To add, I haven't heard AZ fans make up stories about grandmothers and piss balloons, or post signs along any interstates. Also, I don't know of any that buy season tickets, just so they can come see the one game a year they care about in Boulder.

The worst fans were the ones that sat near my Dad and I that came to all of the CU home games, but when Nebraska came to town either came in red. I don't see AZ fans doing that in either sport.

Back to the kiddie table

So the part after the game where Tad talked about the great defense your team played, how in the Pac-12 there is "Arizona and then everyone else", and gave them credit for playing a great game - was that delusional or was it obnoxious? Or are you people actually so insecure that you can somehow get "whiny" out of that?

Also, why the hell are you still here?

The U of A chant makes them seem like a bunch of meat heads. Such a stupid chant. It is meaningless, lacks any form of creativity. Simply chant my initials really loud.
Their team is really really good, and I met a few fans I liked (Though definitely joe 6 pack types) at the game yesterday. However, that chant grates on me.
They are like the old powerful but very retarded Drax the Destroyer before he got killed and the new younger smarter Drax emerged from his predecessors carcass. Hopefully, CU can slay them in the tournament and they can evolve similarly.

I like a lot of U of A fans. The entitlement thing is a little weird to me. It's a different flavor than Nebraska's approach, imo.

I like a lot of U of A fans. The entitlement thing is a little weird to me. It's a different flavor than Nebraska's approach, imo.

*********** are more aggressive. nebraska fans are very passive in their aggression.

*********** are more aggressive. nebraska fans are very passive in their aggression.
True. they acted like their **** didn't smell, and were perplexed as to why we didn't love them. Their "classiness" required them to respond passive aggressively.

The bad Arizona fans aggressively demand to be recognized and worshiped as the beez neez. They are very offended by any possibility that the progam is not the most respected in the universe.

The local Nub fans (and the older ones) fit that description, but I'm guessing you never went to a game in Lincoln. That is completely different. They are very aggressive there.

True. they acted like their **** didn't smell, and were perplexed as to why we didn't love them. Their "classiness" required them to respond passive aggressively.

The bad Arizona fans aggressively demand to be recognized and worshiped as the beez neez. They are very offended by any possibility that the progam is not the most respected in the universe.

Except for the douchebag in the vest (the one that Spencer made fun of for a good five minutes), I didn't get any of those "bad" Zona fans.

Except for the douchebag in the vest (the one that Spencer made fun of for a good five minutes), I didn't get any of those "bad" Zona fans.

I thought it was pretty cool that they took the time to show their patriotism during the Winter Olympics by busting out the U-S-A chant a few times during the game.

Does anyone sit behind Mark Johnson and Chad Brown? A Dick ***** behind them won the biggest opposing fan douchebag award

I am shocked there aren't stories of Arizona fans getting curb stomped outside Coors. Heard from a friend last night two Arizona fans were so over the top obnoxious with their taunting it pushed his 8 year old son to tears. Never in my 22 years as a CU fan have I heard so many stories of a visiting fan base behave so poorly.

Then to read how desperate they are for respect and validation, it becomes almost comical. Totally understand most more than likely have spent their lives feeling inadequate and have to live through a 20 year run of above average basketball to feel good about themselves, but they keep this up and its going to get ugly someday soon.

Does anyone sit behind Mark Johnson and Chad Brown? A Dick ***** behind them won the biggest opposing fan douchebag award

yes - and there were 2 of them - coincidentally one was wearing a vest, but was not the "vest guy"

i speak of the internet fans.

Well, nice try going over to GoAZCats to engage in an honest conversation.

conclusion: the opinion leaders on the Cream of the Crop thread have an agenda to promote.
That agenda is to portray Boyle as a whiner and a poor PR guy who fails to teach his players accountability and humility.

If it weren't that perceived flaw, they'd manufacture another, while continuing to wallow in their NCAA accomplishments.

Period.
End of story.
Learn and move on.

I am shocked there aren't stories of Arizona fans getting curb stomped outside Coors. Heard from a friend last night two Arizona fans were so over the top obnoxious with their taunting it pushed his 8 year old son to tears. Never in my 22 years as a CU fan have I heard so many stories of a visiting fan base behave so poorly.

Then to read how desperate they are for respect and validation, it becomes almost comical. Totally understand most more than likely have spent their lives feeling inadequate and have to live through a 20 year run of above average basketball to feel good about themselves, but they keep this up and its going to get ugly someday soon.

FWIW, it's not even just big conference games. I can't speak for this past game as I'm here in VA (although the insecurity they've displayed here drops a big hint). They played a home and home against UVA a few years back (a tame fan base if there ever was) and acted in the same fashion they've displayed here, only going silent after losing both games. It's not a one-off situation fueled by XJ, but rather the way a large segment of their fans are.

If Arizona was clever, their fans would have started a Let's Go *********** chant. Then all buffers would have joined in then the rest of the arena because they would assume it is some new CU cheer. They have have had 11k people secretly cheering for them.

They really do enjoy looking for any possible to reason to hate Tad and our players and our fans. Interesting since we aren't even close to being a rival program...

Heard this before from the asshats in Lincoln. Big school with a wildly successful but brief history seeking validation to prove they belong in every conversation with the true blue bloods.

Tad is correct in his post game comments. They are not 27pts better than us typically. They were saturday, but not normally. That was UofA's best game possibly all season and it was definitely our worst of the season.

Hope Tad ran XJ till he puked this morning. If you are going to talk you better be able to defend it, otherwise you get that ass whooping they handed to us. Sean Miller is not the kind of coach to go out and embarrass a team like the cats did unless provoked.

The local Nub fans (and the older ones) fit that description, but I'm guessing you never went to a game in Lincoln. That is completely different. They are very aggressive there.

I went. I out-agressived them. I was the asshole.

I went. I out-agressived them. I was the asshole.

well, okay then.

raising-arizona-tableau-300.jpg

I've had conversations with Arizona fans that don't end in 'go **** yourself.' That alone elevates their fanbase over that of Nebraska - many of the 'Cats are redeemable.

Back