1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Arizona Fires Head Coach Mike Stoops, Will They Regret It?

Discussion in 'CU Buffs Newsroom' started by RSSBot, Oct 10, 2011.

1. RSSBot

RSSBot News Junkie

By Jon Woods

The University of Arizona has fired head coach Mike Stoops after his Wildcats fell to the previously 0-5 Oregon St. Beavers on Saturday. The loss gave the Wildcats their fifth straight loss on the year on top of a five game losing streak to end the 2010 season. Even though the schedule lightens up considerably the rest of the way, Athletic Director Greg Byrne apparently thought that the...

Click the link above or visit http://www.ralphiereport.com for more.

Originally posted by Ralphie Report
    Click here to view the article.

2. Lt.Col.FrankSlade

Lt.Col.FrankSlade Well-Known Member

Arizona is a unique school. Dick Tomey had a few really good years, mixed in with some pretty average years. John Mackovic never did a thing. Stoops seemed to be building but they really crashed over the end of last year and the start of this year.

3. absinthe

absinthe Ambitious but rubbish. Club Member Junta Member

i always thought he was hugely over rated as a coach. They had 1 decent season under him that is it, and got throttled in that bowl game.

4. MtnBuff

MtnBuff Not allowed in Barzil 2 Club Member

I'm glad they didn't decide to do it the week prior to us playing them. This is a game I think we have a shot at winning. Teams often play up the week or two after a coach gets fired so we should be past that bump by the time we see them.

5. MtnBuff

MtnBuff Not allowed in Barzil 2 Club Member

Based on the record it's hard to argue with that statement. He might be one of those guys who is simply a better coordinator than head coach.