What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Arizona St Preview #2

RSSBot

News Junkie
Well, that mostly sucked. *How did everyone deal with the loss last night? *I watched Stargate. *Yep, that's right, ****in' Stargate (on BluRay!). *I make no apologies.

Before I jumped into the adventures of Messrs Spader and Russell, I did get a chance to watch the Buffs do exactly what I feared they'd do when faced with a squad like Arizona.* While the Buffs were able to scrap a bit to keep it close, even into the start of the 2nd half, by the end of the game their energy and composure had run out.* The 71-57 final probably ends any hope of an at-large bid to the Dance.
CU just couldn't stay with Arizona down the stretch.* From: the BDC
The game did start alright, with the Buffs building a 5-point lead in the first six minutes, but CU quickly fell behind before halftime, finding themselves lucky to be down only six at the break. *With both teams shooting 40% from the field at half, a 12% gap opened up in the second half sealed the result.

It certainly didn't help that the Wildcats shot 21 more free throws than the Buffs did.* With the Buffs so reliant on getting to the line, that kind of freebie disparity is a recipe for disaster.*

One big positive is that the Buffs once again held the 3-reliant 'Cats to sub-par shooting from beyond the arc.* Kenpom may have shown ($) that 3-point defense is luck dependent, but I can't help but notice that CU has held 'Zona to 6-36 3-point shooting in two games.* That's a full 20 points below their season average.*

Additionally, 'Dre did get yet another double-double, but CU was crushed on*the*boards by 12.* The Buffs seemed to struggle all night with finding the bottom of the net, shooting a paltry 37% from the floor.*

Eventually, this program needs to grow to the point that it can win games like last night.* Until then, the Buffs are just an average team with a very strong homecourt advantage.

--

That disappointing result is in the past now, and focus must be turned onto the struggling ASU Sun Devils. *It is beyond vital that CU bounce back from the Tucson*disappointment, and reclaim some momentum before next week's trip to Utah. *Tomorrow's contest in Tempe appears very winnable on paper, and is essential to the Buffs chances of getting a first round bye in the conference tournament, and grabbing a 20th win.

My preview of the first game can be found*here.

Click below for my preview of the rematch...

Read more »
8030839680057503187-2708816452421047303

nZD5cw53SJg

Well, that mostly sucked. *How did everyone deal with the loss last night? *I watched Stargate. *Yep, that's right, ****in' Stargate (on BluRay!). *I make no apologies.

Before I jumped into the adventures of Messrs Spader and Russell, I did get a chance to watch the Buffs do exactly what I feared they'd do when faced with a squad like Arizona.* While the Buffs were able to scrap a bit to keep it close, even into the start of the 2nd half, by the end of the game their energy and composure had run out.* The 71-57 final probably ends any hope of an at-large bid to the Dance.
CU just couldn't stay with Arizona down the stretch.* From: the BDC
The game did start alright, with the Buffs building a 5-point lead in the first six minutes, but CU quickly fell behind before halftime, finding themselves lucky to be down only six at the break. *With both teams shooting 40% from the field at half, a 12% gap opened up in the second half sealed the result.

It certainly didn't help that the Wildcats shot 21 more free throws than the Buffs did.* With the Buffs so reliant on getting to the line, that kind of freebie disparity is a recipe for disaster.*

One big positive is that the Buffs once again held the 3-reliant 'Cats to sub-par shooting from beyond the arc.* Kenpom may have shown ($) that 3-point defense is luck dependent, but I can't help but notice that CU has held 'Zona to 6-36 3-point shooting in two games.* That's a full 20 points below their season average.*

Additionally, 'Dre did get yet another double-double, but CU was crushed on*the*boards by 12.* The Buffs seemed to struggle all night with finding the bottom of the net, shooting a paltry 37% from the floor.*

Eventually, this program needs to grow to the point that it can win games like last night.* Until then, the Buffs are just an average team with a very strong homecourt advantage.

--

That disappointing result is in the past now, and focus must be turned onto the struggling ASU Sun Devils. *It is beyond vital that CU bounce back from the Tucson*disappointment, and reclaim some momentum before next week's trip to Utah. *Tomorrow's contest in Tempe appears very winnable on paper, and is essential to the Buffs chances of getting a first round bye in the conference tournament, and grabbing a 20th win.

My preview of the first game can be found*here.

Click below for my preview of the rematch...

Read more »
8030839680057503187-2708816452421047303

nZD5cw53SJg

Originally posted by The Rumblings of a Deranged Buffalo
Click here to view the article.

Back