What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Arizona State -13.5

i think p12 opponents will do what they can to keep the score down to avoid letting the total suckitude of the Buffs tarnish the conference image nationally.

i expect a lot of losses in the range of 17-24 points, unless we really hand it to the other team and then it could go as high as 35-42 point margins of victory. but, as long as our conference foes get up early by a couple of scores, as long as we don't turn it over, we'll keep it within 17-24 as the opponents play their scrubs and endeavor not to run it up.

i think p12 opponents will do what they can to keep the score down to avoid letting the total suckitude of the Buffs tarnish the conference image nationally.

i expect a lot of losses in the range of 17-24 points, unless we really hand it to the other team and then it could go as high as 35-42 point margins of victory. but, as long as our conference foes get up early by a couple of scores, as long as we don't turn it over, we'll keep it within 17-24 as the opponents play their scrubs and endeavor not to run it up.

I don't expect anything less than d-baggery from Graham.

I don't expect anything less than d-baggery from Graham.

yes, but i believe our conference opponents are being told it is bad for the conference if they kick the living **** out of us. the conference is trying to convey an image that this is a tough conference, top to bottom, with no gimme wins, and it is hard to do that when you get to play CU. i think graham is a total d-bag but i expect him to try to keep the score down to low double digits.

we suck.

Rather than being babied like that, I'd rather see a 50 point rule implemented that sends everyone home at halftime. Then we get their best shot, which is what any team deserves.

Rather than being babied like that, I'd rather see a 50 point rule implemented that sends everyone home at halftime. Then we get their best shot, which is what any team deserves.

TV networks and advertisers would disagree.

Line is currently at 16. These guys are good. Surprisingly snug to me, but stop short of betting the house on ASU. Vegas thinks this game is gonna be tighter than this board does.

"You can sleep in your car, but you can't drive your house."

Line is currently at 16. These guys are good. Surprisingly snug to me, but stop short of betting the house on ASU. Vegas thinks this game is gonna be tighter than this board does.

"You can sleep in your car, but you can't drive your house."

i sure hope we are a legit "trap game" for asu-- i really dislike their program and would love to see an upset. it would be a really great sign. unfortunately, i think i'm going to be disappointed.

yes, but i believe our conference opponents are being told it is bad for the conference if they kick the living **** out of us. the conference is trying to convey an image that this is a tough conference, top to bottom, with no gimme wins, and it is hard to do that when you get to play CU.

Where do you get this idea? I haven't seen any evidence either way that the conference would like to see closer scores or big beat downs. I would expect them to run it up, if they can, then play reserves in the 4th quarter if they succeed. It helps depth and it helps them in recruiting against CO.

It's embarrassing to even entertain the idea that upper tier P12 teams would give CU anything less than their best shot.

If CU doesn't want to get blown out, it's on Colorado to do something about it.

It's embarrassing to even entertain the idea that upper tier P12 teams would give CU anything less than their best shot.

If CU doesn't want to get blown out, it's on Colorado to do something about it.

Can't argue this. Fact.

The 1st 2 games leave little room for optimism at all, but I would love to beat Vegas on this, somehow (with ones against ones).

It would show we have potential be competitive with higher tier teams in the conference and would help keep our 2015 recruits committed and maybe get others around the West to take notice.

The Vegas guys are not stupid. At the same time, how'd we do against the spread last year?

It is difficult to imagine a scenario where ASU doesn't cover the spread, but like DBT said, Vegas isn't stupid. I'm guessing I am too close to the Buffs to see it and/or don't know enough about ASU.

It is difficult to imagine a scenario where ASU doesn't cover the spread, but like DBT said, Vegas isn't stupid. I'm guessing I am too close to the Buffs to see it and/or don't know enough about ASU.

Caught bits and pieces of their first two games, and they've played down to their competition. Weber State is a mess of a program, and they were in the game with Arizona State for a quarter. They had an 8 point lead at New Mexico at half....I won't bet on it (I don't bet on games involving the buffs), but I see a game like the one we had with them in 2012. We are either tied or are down by a td or less at half.....and I'd bet we see some big play from ASU that breaks the game open in the third quarter.

Have a feeling we aren't going to see too much defense this game

i hope against hope that CU tightens their belt on D. So far the lapses have exceeded. We did see a glimmer last week for about a quarter. May the Football Gods grant us some mercy, we are due.

Did CU cover during the Embree era outside of Utah?

Time for a score prediction thread ASU..... Should make for interesting reading. :popcorn:

Back