What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Arizona State "Game" thread

Pflugrad runs a 40 that is about 4/10th of a minute faster than anyone on our defense.

fify

Sad to see exactly how bad our talent level is. We look like an FCS team against BCS opponents. A few decent athletes but the majority smaller and slower than who we are playing.

If we were healthy do you really think Perkins would be playing?

And that does not fully explain why we lost those games either. But again, I do not think you will ever understand that. Hell, you are still talking about the Hawaii game as one we probably should have won.

fify

Sad to see exactly how bad our talent level is. We look like an FCS team against BCS opponents. A few decent athletes but the majority smaller and slower than who we are playing.

I remember when announcers were bragging about our speed. Hopefully this changes within the next 2-3 years.

Typical of this year. Finally get a deep pass play and end up 5 yards short of the end zone with :00 on the clock.

And that does not fully explain why we lost those games either. But again, I do not think you will ever understand that. Hell, you are still talking about the Hawaii game as one we probably should have won.
So Perkins biting on the fake that resulted in WSU scoring to win wasn't a massive factor of why we lost?

so why did Hirschman start and get pulled for Hansen? If Hansen wasn't good enough to start today he should have sat the whole day.

It is really unbelievable how bad we are. I expected us to be, well, not very good but we are down right terrible. Looking back now, I don't see how we managed to beat CSU? Our D has all but disappeared. Our O is inept. When I watch CU play I think of the Bad News Bears football style.

It is imperative that we get a really good recruiting class in here. I want guys who can smash you in the mouth on both sides of the ball. We need attitude!!! This team, for the most part, still reflects a lifeless Hawkins character.

I remember when announcers were bragging about our speed. Hopefully this changes within the next 2-3 years.

It has to change in the next 2-3 years or this year won't look so bad.

What a lot of people don't understand is that if we even bring in average talent we will be making a major improvement. Our roster is full of guys who have no business being on the roster of a team in an AQ conference, and some of them are full time players.

How many of the players we have on the field today would start for ASU, for Oregon, even for Washington or Washington State? How many players do we have who would even be on the two deep of these teams?

Adding to this we need a major attitude transplant. Not only do we lack talent but we also lack anything resembling senior leadership. When you lack talent and attitude you have virtually no chance. No schemes, no secret plays, no slight of hand is going to change that.

Last edited:
So Perkins biting on the fake that resulted in WSU scoring to win wasn't a massive factor of why we lost?

So, cu not scoring in the red zone and getting a fg blocked had nothing to do with it? CU not being able to hold a 10 pt lead with 5 to go had nothing to do with it.? After getting a first down on a penalty, cu not being able to get 1 more first down at home to end the game had nothing to do with it?

so why did Hirschman start and get pulled for Hansen? If Hansen wasn't good enough to start today he should have sat the whole day.

Maybe Embo wanted to get Hirschman a little experience starting a game on the road to prepare for next season and knew the whole time Tyler was going in eventually.

It has to change in the next 2-3 years or this year won't look so bad.

What a lot of people don't understand is that if we even bring in average talent we will be making a major improvement. Our roster is full of guys who have no business being on the roster of a team in an AQ conference, and some of them are full time players.

How many of the players we have on the field today would start for ASU, for Oregon, even for Washington or Washington State? How many players do we have who would even be on the two deep of these teams?

:yeahthat:

Chin up folks, CSU is losing to UNLV.

So the one team we beat is losing any credibility they might have had?

Only positive of this is that it will keep the 17 rams fans who care shut up for another week.

So the one team we beat is losing any credibility they might have had?

Only positive of this is that it will keep the 17 rams fans who care shut up for another week.

They had zero cred. At least we don't have to watch them go to a bowl with 6 wins over rediculously bad teams.

I don't think think he liked what he saw. Didn't even give him a full quarter.

We try an end around and every player on their D is faster than our O players other than Canty and Jones.

We need a TD here. Just for the sake of our mental game.

This is also why I have no use for Miller. He is supposed to be an all-america. you run behind him three times and he doesn't get the push into the endzone, no excuse for that.

Lame way to end that drive. Still, very impressed with Tony Jones. I question a lot of the team's desire, but Jones clearly wants to win.

Tony Jones runs hard. There's absolutely nothing there that anyone but an elite back could score with.

Edit: On the replay, Miller didn't even touch anyone on the 4th down play.

We need a TD here. Just for the sake of our mental game.

This is also why I have no use for Miller. He is supposed to be an all-america. you run behind him three times and he doesn't get the push into the endzone, no excuse for that.

A ****ing all american at right guard, and a ****ing line backer at full back and we cant move the pile 8inches? These players hawkins left behind are not mentally able to play this game anymore

Back