What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Arkansas vs Alabama?

Sport eh? Go suck an elephant dick. :lol:

Beware the kool aid my friend, it tends to cloud your judgment.

I am Sargent-at-arms of the local KIRC. This game does not worry me. I don't drink the kool-aid. Beastiality insults? Save those for the land grant schools friendo.

I still can't believe that ESPN is taking GameDay to Boise instead of Fayetteville this Saturday. I know they shamelessly plug their own networks' games but this is a reach to say the least. And the funny thing is there's 2 bigger games in the SEC alone than the one in Boise.

The were talking about this earlier this week. They have only been to SEC locations so far this year and do not want to do a 3rd SEC location in a row.
Reports were that people were tuning out after seeing too many dooshes with Alabama Slide haircuts, boat shoes, and button down shirts at the football games. Also, apparently most of America frowns upon getting your hair done and wearing dresses to football games, but in the south that's as classy as it ever gets.

I still can't believe that ESPN is taking GameDay to Boise instead of Fayetteville this Saturday. I know they shamelessly plug their own networks' games but this is a reach to say the least. And the funny thing is there's 2 bigger games in the SEC alone than the one in Boise.

They were talking about this earlier this week. They have only been to SEC locations so far this year and do not want to do a 3rd SEC location in a row.
Reports were that people were tuning out after seeing too many dooshes with Alabama Slide haircuts, boat shoes, and button down shirts at the football games. Also, apparently most of America frowns upon getting your hair done and wearing dresses to football games, but in the south that's as classy as it ever gets.

The were talking about this earlier this week. They have only been to SEC locations so far this year and do not want to do a 3rd SEC location in a row.

You may have seen dresses and coat and ties at the Bama game but I don't think you did at the barn game.

Gameday is just spreading the love around and this is the last "good" game Boise will play this year. Bama still has Florida and LSU on the schedule and I'm sure Gameday will be there for both.

I'm not sure that LSU is that good, we'll find out more about them in the next few weeks. Florida doesn't appear to be anywhere close to what they were the past few years, and Bama gets Auburn at home. If Bama gets by Arkansas then their toughest game left could very well be at South Carolina.
Miles won't admit it, but he's feeling the heat. If he loses 4 games again this year - he's gone. That program makes tons of money, and the boosters won't let him drag it down into mediocrity. I still think Bama drops one SEC game this year. Maybe this weekend.
Les_Miles.png

Last edited:
Razorbuff-lets try and keep it real. You have a great QB and WR corp but your oline is just average at best. I think our 2nd string RB could start at guard for you [not that he isn't better than your rbs but watch him pick up the blitzes that will go for long gainers]. Your offense is one dimensional and I bet our coach knows that. Our best pass rusher was suspended for 2 games so don't put to much into those 2 games rush stats. We miss Rolo no doubt but the front seven is solid and your boy got rattled last year [lowest passing total at 180? yards] and expect it again this year. 57 is a stud and I expect him to have about 10 pressures on Saturday.

Our offense vs your defense is a joke. Your defense is the worst in the SEC except UK. Our first team can name the score on you and our 2nd team could put 40 on you. The reason you stopped the run last year is because you stacked the line and ginger threw for about 300 yards and 3 TDs on you in his 3rd start and they stepped off the pedal in the 4th quarter.

I really think it is going to be ugly. I think 20+ points.
It will be interesting to see what you have to say when Saban leaves for another job. He's a yankee businessman and carries no loyalty or devotion with him.
No knock against him - it is what it is - he does what's best for Nick Saban.

It will be interesting to see what you have to say when Saban leaves for another job. He's a yankee businessman and carries no loyalty or devotion with him.

I actually think he settles at Bama for a long time.

Are you crazy?? An SEC team, including Alabama, has been a part of the first THREE Gamedays. Should they just follow around Bama, or stay in SEC country all season? Football is played outside of the south too, ya know.

It doesn't surprise me though. Given ESPN's TV contract with the SEC, its in the network's best interest to pimp the SEC, similarly to how they pimp the ACC in hoops. The Big Ten Network, on the other hand, is competition, and ESPN does all it can to squash anything Big Ten related that doesn't deal with OSU, UM or PSU.

Strangely enough, I'm now on the way to this game on a whim. Should be fun :thumbsup:

Are you crazy?? An SEC team, including Alabama, has been a part of the first THREE Gamedays. Should they just follow around Bama, or stay in SEC country all season? Football is played outside of the south too, ya know.

It doesn't surprise me though. Given ESPN's TV contract with the SEC, its in the network's best interest to pimp the SEC, similarly to how they pimp the ACC in hoops. The Big Ten Network, on the other hand, is competition, and ESPN does all it can to squash anything Big Ten related that doesn't deal with OSU, UM or PSU.

So just because the biggest game in each of the first 3 weeks happened to involve an SEC team they should go elsewhere this week just to change it up? And even though ESPN has that contract with the SEC, the Bama-Arkansas game is on CBS this week and the Boise game is on the ESPN family. My whole point is they typically opt for a game their network is covering instead of what is often truly the "game of the week". Granted, ESPN/ABC carries the bulk of the college games throughout the season so it usually works out for them,

Don't they pretty much have to opt for the prime time game on ESPN if they want Herbstreit to appear on the Gameday show?

Don't they pretty much have to opt for the prime time game on ESPN if they want Herbstreit to appear on the Gameday show?

I definitely recall a few situations in the past where he's had to hop a plane after the show to get to the prime time game.

..... Biggest game in Fayetteville in 30 years I would say. However biggest ever game was the Game of the Century, the Big Shootout, where #1 Texas came from behind to beat #2 Arkansas 15-14 in 1969... God I hate Texas.

I remember that game. It was pretty incredible. Oh, and I agree - fkkkk tejass

That's never been his modus operandi, he's like Larry Brown - the great basketball coach - always on the move.

Yeah, it seems like he's waiting for some other-worldly signal to jump to the no-fun-league. I just can't see Sabanite hanging around for long. Could be wrong, tho.

If he leaves tomorrow the program is in much better shape than it was when he got here. We had 2 coaches that played at UA that 'were full of Bama' and neither did worth a crap. I would rather have a pro. When CNS leaves I hope they hire another yankee [WV?] just like him.

And the 'when CNS leaves' is not a strong lead anymore.

If he leaves tomorrow the program is in much better shape than it was when he got here. We had 2 coaches that played at UA that 'were full of Bama' and neither did worth a crap. I would rather have a pro. When CNS leaves I hope they hire another yankee [WV?] just like him.

And the 'when CNS leaves' is not a strong lead anymore.
As an LSU fan, I feel the same way. It's just business with Saban, and he's very successful. He's never failed at the college level, but I think he would like another chance to prove himself in the pros.

Last edited:
Yankee? He's from West Virginia, which is pretty redneck to me. Also, he has that sleazy car salesman attitude, which is not very indicative of being from the North.

Yankee? He's from West Virginia, which is pretty redneck to me. Also, he has that sleazy car salesman attitude, which is not very indicative of being from the North.
His attitude is cold, he's like a banker - all business. Don't get me wrong - I respect him. He will never win any personality contests, and I'm sure that's allright with him. I don't think he is sleazy or anything like a car salesman. He doesn't give a rat's ***** what people think about him. He's no warm and fuzzy guy. I think you can find sleazy car salesmen everywhere in the United States. As far as WV goes - I don't think most people think of the South - more like coal mines. I'll agree with redneck also. I just don't think of Nick as a good ole Southern boy or a redneck.

Last edited:
WV is one of those border states but it's generally not considered by most as one of the Southern states, and they did not join the CSA.

Back