1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Article: A 2nd Open Letter to the CU faithful - Part I: Revisiting the isssues

Discussion in 'vBCms Comments' started by Buffnik, Sep 16, 2012.

1. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

2. boydbuff

boydbuff Club Member Club Member

Once again I agree wholeheartedly. I really respect Embree and EB, et. al for their contributions to the Buffs legacy, but they are absolutely not cutting it as coaches. I am not sure if they will ever be capable one day but for sure not now.

Not sure if ABers have ever heard of the Peter Principle which suggests that people rise in an organization to the point where they are incompetent because they were good at lesser roles.

None of our staff has ever been in the role they are in here, and most made major leaps-i.e. Embree never had been more than a position coach, skipped the coordinator role etc.

I think we need to just announce that Embree is a lame duck though instead of doing it discreetly. First of all Embree would find out sooner or later and so one the media, twitter universe, etc. 2nd it is the right and transparent way to be. 3rd, it avoids speculation after every crappy loss and the mounting tension in the locker room.

Perhaps most importantly, I think announcing it now would allow donors to get behind the strategy and consider contributing to facilities, new coaches salary, etc.

3. J.R. Ewing

J.R. Ewing Club Member Club Member

Thanks Nik, I put it up on FB.

4. Burrito Palazzo

Burrito Palazzo huff my smug Club Member

If its the "j&j, not the x&o", and it sounds like the smart football guys on this board generally approve in the uptick in recruiting, why are we now screaming "it's the coaching!"?

Genuine question.