1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Article on R. Prince

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by jjbuffs13, Feb 28, 2010.

1. jjbuffs13

jjbuffs13 Well-Known Member

Saw this article online and found some of it interesting, particularly this quote:

If we start to see Espinoza out there more and more, I have no faith in this program. If he is noticing Espinoza over Simmons, Clemons, Celestine and the others; something is wrong.

2. DesertDawg526

DesertDawg526 Resident Dawg Club Member

Good link. Thanks.

Hopefully he can develop our receivers well!

3. Idot Buff

Idot Buff Club Member Club Member

BG had better be careful if he wants to stay with CUBuffs.com....his last quote probably will not sit well with Danny...

[FONT=Cambria, serif]"We watch tape and there are things we see . . . it'll get better," Prince promised about repairing the offense. "There's definitely some details that will get cleaned up. And these guys (players) want to get better, too - that's the key. They're all thirsting for it."[/FONT]
    [FONT=Cambria, serif]No, at 16-33 over the past four seasons, they're parched.[/FONT]

4. chadron_buff

chadron_buff New Member

Calm down i bet espy hardly plays this year, at least i hope. He said he was reviewing film they havent even begun spring ball yet. Clemons and celestine were never on film last year and simmons was maybe 10 times.

5. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

Why do so many of you guys like to come on the message board and rip Espinoza all the time. It's getting really ****ing old.

Denver_sc likes this.
  6. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Good read.

Interesting that he's recruiting in-state Colorado. This is an important in-state year, imo. He better hit it hard. It takes time to get to know the coaches. This year, though, if he'd do nothing more than lock down Valor, Chaparral and Mullen we'd be ecstatic about the haul from the centennial state.

I like, though, that Hawkins is being more of an executive this year. He needs to be running the program, coaching the coaches, and swooping in on the big issues.

7. Buffnik

He's a nice slot receiver. He showed what he is capable of against Toledo (when he's not matched up against a corner who has UT/OU type athleticism). Out of the slot with a team's nickel back, safety or linebacker on him, he could easily be a dependable, 25+ catch guy for us in 2010. Great kid. Love that our walk on program is producing such quality guys. Hopefully some of the bigger, faster guys like Simmons, Jefferson, Darden and Ussery will step up and pass Espy. They certainly have the athletic ability to do so.

8. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

The coaches need to learn how to use him better. He is a slot receiver all the way, so he should not be playing out wide at all. He also should not be returning punts. The fact he saw a fair amount of playing time in both areas last season is a major indictment of the coaching staff.

I expect to see him on the field some next season. Hopefully the coaches figure out how to use him better.

9. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

I think lack of depth probably forced our hand last year. Damn, I hope Simas gets his act together and isn't suspended too long.

10. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

We're recruiting in Nevada?

11. Buffnik

Fixed it. I don't know where the **** that came from. :lol:

12. bombay

bombay Well-Known Member

The single mention of Espizoza gets attention in the thread, but the paragraph about Clemons doesn't?

OK

13. Buffnik

Well, it's like this. New WR coach mentions our 3rd leading receiver 3rd on the list of the guys who stood out on film... therefore, more evidence that Hawkins sucks. :wink2:

14. SuperD

SuperD Club Member Club Member

Wasn't the Espinoza comment in relation to what he's seen on the tape from last year? Remember coaches don't really get to work with the guys during the break before spring ball. If he's reviewing tape then of course he's going to comment on Espi...Clemmons couldn't play and and Simmons didn't get in. Let Prince get a chance to actually work with his guys.

15. jjbuffs13

jjbuffs13 Well-Known Member

I understand that, but its not like Espinoza was on film much. He missed a few games for his thumb, and then was only a punt returner in a few other games. What about Jefferson? I just hope that we dont see the lineup of Espinoza or Ebner. No offense to either of them, but I dont think they are better than some of the other kids we have.

16. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Jefferson did not really distinguish himself last season. Not sure he would really stand out on film.

17. BuffLuKe

BuffLuKe Club Member Club Member

Read the new article on Prince, im really liking this guy. Jury still out on how he can recruit and how the players will preform and grow. I love his attitude though and telling Clemons to "pull up your pants" was classic. I feel alot more confident in the receiver group than I did last year at this time, know that isn't saying much. We'll see this fall. Oops lol.

18. KingPants

KingPants Club Member Club Member

link: http://www.buffzone.com/ci_14689788

I like the fact that he is not going to rotate players just for giggles. Sounds like he will keep with the big guns. Bonus: doesn't mention Espy once.

19. BehindEnemyLines

BehindEnemyLines beware the habu Club Member

I liked the ..... " we`re not running a happiness camp" comment. Seems like a good coach and teacher, and might become a media fave.