1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Article: Time for the mudslinging to stop

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Jens1893, Nov 27, 2012.

1. Jens1893

Jens1893 Moderator Club Member Junta Member

http://milehighsports.com/2012/11/27/ottewill-time-to-stop-the-mudslinging-in-boulder/

2nd try after my other thread was thread-jacked

2. JWP303

JWP303 Active Member

Mile High Sports appears to be the only voice of reason in the local media. Doug correctly calls out the Embree Camp and their sour grapes media campaign.

I wish Salomon Wilcots' interview with Drew Goodman would have gotten more play - he is a good friend of Embree's but basically acknowledged that he didn't make the most of his opportunity. I feel like it needs to come from a guy like him to carry the most weight.

3. Jens1893

Jens1893 Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Yup, I fairly regularly listen to Burns and Kiszla for their Bronco talk and because they have good co-hosts in Lindsay Jones and Wesley Woodyard, but yesterday I also listened to Goodman and later Spano and I really haven´t had an issue with what either of them had to say. Even Kiszla is tolerable on the show, although he likes to troll a little sometimes.

4. JWP303

JWP303 Active Member

Kiszla is more tolerable on radio than in print, which is weird. But I thought his column last night was a joke - total appeal to emotion while completely ignoring the factual case for firing Embree. He brings up Embree's crying daughter at the press conference while making no mention of the on-field performance this year. I feel like the media got caught up in the emotion of players and family yesterday, which added to the sour grapes.

5. antisaint

antisaint I LIKE CAKE! Club Member

I'm glad you re-posted this.

I really do understand there was a lot of emotion yesterday, but some of these Denver media outlets just took advantage of that emotion and let their personalities declare open season on Bohn and CU. I'm really glad that people like Ottewill and Wilcots came out and said what they said with objectivity and level headed professionalism. The part that bugs me was that this professionalism was the exception and not the rule (And continues to be so). I know these guys are just sports personalities but shouldn't they be held so some level of media integrity?

6. JWP303

JWP303 Active Member

Big Al should be ashamed of himself as a journalist. He didn't even try to be professional with Bohn yesterday, he was only interested in giving Bohn a piece of his mind. Meanwhile his co-host Dmac is praising him for his passion. Same goes for Klatt this morning - calling Bohn a liar immediately after having him on (over a trivial issue like who is performing classroom checks) was bad form. Very disappointed in those guys.

CJ was biased too, but at least kept the train on the tracks in his interview with Bohn.

7. antisaint

antisaint I LIKE CAKE! Club Member

and I know he isn't part of the media however he certainly influences several of these "personalities" but for Mac to come out and say that he wasn't sure about his commitment to the Buffs anymore was just over the top.

8. CUBUFF80

CUBUFF80 No Stinkin' Title Club Member

Klatt/Big Al journalists...:lol:

9. Lt.Col.FrankSlade

Lt.Col.FrankSlade Well-Known Member

That is one heck of an article.

All that info from Embree at the time of his hiring - his tune has definitely changed.