1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

As coach Mac used to say

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Unleash Hell, Sep 26, 2007.

1. Unleash Hell

Unleash Hell Well-Known Member

"It's time that you draw the line, and you rise to the occasion. Everybody recognizes that they (OU) have great players, but that doesn't mean we can't beat them."

That was an actual quote from coach Mac before the 1985 Nebraska game in Lincoln. The buffs didn't win, but thats what I think when facing OU each time. The Sooners have a 5 game winning streak on us and it's time to rise to the occasioin. I have gotten my hopes up a lot for OU games, only to have them crushed, so I am trying not to get them up too much for this weekend. It's just time, it's time to beat a quality opponent, a ranked opponent, and it's time to beat OU again. It's time to make a statement, but I'm trying to tell myself that it's not gonna happen Saturday so I wont be as dissapointed, but true fans still believe, and I believe, Come on buffs!:thumbsup:

2. 92Buff

92Buff Well-Known Member

Great quote. So it was a year early...but he proved his point in the end. Quotes like that get me all fired up...time to start the tailgate!

Give'em HELL Buffs!

3. chipwich

chipwich Administrator Club Member Junta Member

We are so due for a BIG win it's not even funny. Let's hope this is the weekend :thumbsup:

4. Unleash Hell

Unleash Hell Well-Known Member

After he beat Nu in '86, he said, "Hey men, this is as sweet as it gets!"