1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

As Weis goes so goes Hawk??

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by IDBUFF, Nov 11, 2009.

1. IDBUFF

IDBUFF Active Member

Today on "The Herd" I heard Beano Cook describe CW's future at Notre Dame like this:

win out = stays
    win 2 out of 3 maybe stays
    win 1 out of 3 probably gone
    lose 3 out of 3 = gone

Similar situation here?

2. El Gringo

El Gringo Pura Vida Club Member

Hawk:

win out = stays
    win 2 out of 3 = stays
    win 1 out of 3 = 50/50 stay/gone
    lose 3 out of 3 = probably gone

I think Hawk has a bit of a longer leash than Weis.

3. buffsyko

buffsyko Club Member Club Member

Weis has a winning record, hawk is what 16-30? Another losing season and he should be gone but if they go 5-7,he'll stay and give us one more losing season in 2010. :sad1:

4. key west buph

key west buph Member

win out = hopefully gone
    win 2 out of 3 more hopefully gone
    win 1 out of 3 my upsetness diminishes
    lose 3 out of 3 WOOT! GONE!!!:dance:

5. NW Buff

NW Buff Club Member Club Member

And ND has higher (and completely unrealistic) expectations and much deeper pockets. Being a private institution they don't have to answer to the state legislature either.

But, let's be fair here, Beano Cook told Colin at the beginning of the season that ND would be playing for the MNC. So, I'd take anything he says with a grain of salt.

I'm not justifying keeping Hawk if we have a losing season. Just pointing out the facts. I'm tired of the keep him/fire him debate. I just want to see us play better and show some promise for the future.

6. SCB

SCB Well-Known Member

Hearing Bohn speak on Sat., I get the feeling Hawk stays no matter how we finish out. School doesn't/can't keep paying for two head coaches like we are now and will have to do if we fire Hawk and hire someone else.

As for Charlie Cheeseburger, he is a dead man walking regardless. Can't lose to all your rivals, Mich., USA, Navy (twice in a row) and keep coaching at ND. Alum feel they have a 10 win team and Charlie is not delivering. Fair or not, he is gonzo IMO.

7. Clean Undies

Clean Undies Flagship of the 12-Pac Club Member

This.

I'm not for firing Hawk for the sake of getting rid of him. The most important thing is getting a replacement in the wings who wouldn't be inferior.

This is Bohn's seven day a week job and I defer to his judgement. The body of Hawkins work speaks for itself. There's more than enough info for Bohn to make a fair judgement.

If the Buffs can string together three (or four or five) more consecutive 400+ yards games this season, then I could live with an other year of Hawk.

The best playmakers are now on the field. It's nice to see Hansen and Simas helping out Speedy. Better late than never.

If the O-Line and Special Team play up to their potential, that indicates things really are finally coming together.

Hawkins must get the road game monkey off his back, too. It all starts in Ames. This one step forward, two steps back cycle doesn't cut it, though.

Wyo Buff likes this.
  8. buffsfan01

buffsfan01 Member

hawky is like the fifth wheel..he's not going anywhere:sad1:

9. SINKRATZ

SINKRATZ Club Member Club Member

A little ironic that ND's deep pockets which paid Weis handsomly might give them the freedom to cut him loose.

I wonder if CU can use their finances to actually attract a coach - "Come be the next coach at CU, you'll have better job security than at a big SEC school because we can't afford to fire you if you don't perform"

Maybe Gruden could go for that eh?

10. CarolinaBuff

CarolinaBuff Weekend Poster Club Member

Sounds like Beano and Lou are in competition to see who can be more delusional about ND's expectations.