1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ashley Ambrose joins Kiesau at Cal

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by HUFset, Jan 4, 2011.

1. HUFset

HUFset Well-Known Member

I just saw this on Football Scoop. Thought it was interesting. I'm not too sure how good Ashley is based on last years results, but he seems to be fairly popular with the kids. Good luck! :thumbsup:

"CAL: Former Colorado assistant Ashley Ambrose accepted the defensive backs job at CAL."

http://www.footballscoop.com/the-scoop

2. buff4bcs1985

buff4bcs1985 Hail to the King

damn good luck ashley...

3. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Active Member

I kind of feel bad for these guys attaching themselves to another sinking ship in Tedford.

4. El Gringo

El Gringo Pura Vida Club Member

After the turd we laid on the field in Berkeley, I'm surprised by this move.

5. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

Actually, I think Brandison and Prince are the only guys from the former staff that haven't caught on someplace else. And it's entirely possible that both of them have caught on and I just missed the story. Hawk is probably the only one truly unemployed right now.

6. Hugegroove

Hugegroove Club Member Club Member

I would be very surprised if he was picked up by any respectable D-1 team. And if he is, they won't be respectable for very long.

7. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

D-1? Hells no. He won't be anywhere at a D-1 school. He's been exposed as a complete fraud. The best he can hope for is a D-II HC job. And even that's a stretch, IMO. I don't think he'd even make a good position coach. I mean really, what would he coach? Linebackers? Running backs? Quarterbacks? Special Teams? :lol:

I think he'll end up in the booth somewhere. Honestly, I think his coaching days are behind him.

8. 66BUFF

66BUFF FTW Club Member

as it should be

9. HotRack

HotRack Rez BubbleHead Club Member

I remember seeing him do an interview with a Boise TV station where he sat in Dal Ward w/a ****-eating grin on his face w/Flatirons in the background.
    When Mark Johnson (BOI TV, not KOA) asked him if he thought he'd be at CU in the future, Hawk saisd said he'd be happy coaching special teams at Bishop Kelly HS (Coday's alma mater) in Boise "if they'd have him."
    Not so sure about that one, Hawk.

10. Mick Ronson

Mick Ronson Well-Known Member

Recall Neuheisel did his "love of the game" stint at some high school in Cali or Seattle....with the lame, over-wrought and straining to sound sincere "I'm a coach...I coach....that's what coaches do" sound-byte....with that weird Rickster voice. as some philosophico-religious calling had him out chasing the existential ghosts of holy football in communion with Rockne and Bear Bryant.

it was really quite beautiful in a way, minus the fact you didn't believe a single word of it.

11. Hugegroove

Hugegroove Club Member Club Member

How about the scout team?

12. Pale Ale

Pale Ale Well-Known Member

Don't bash on the Hawk. He brought his lunchpail and had his horns out, just couldn't seem to climb out of the valley.

13. buffsyko

buffsyko Club Member Club Member

Good luck to ashley, don't think brown is much better.

14. BehindEnemyLines

BehindEnemyLines beware the habu Club Member

Good luck to AA. I hope Prince lands on his feet somewhere, as well. Wasn't sold on Bandison, but in the right situation (read, different HC), he might flourish.