What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Ask a Beaver - Random thoughts from your newest member...

Side note of no interest: my daughters grade school teacher has a flag up in her class and is a proud Beaver. And hawt.

No, she wouldn't let me take pictures, no matter how artistically creative I promised to make them.
I have always wondered what a proud beaver looks like. and now I think I will never know..

Hawt. Trust me. Plus side, she flew to Tennessee just to be part of the Bristol game crowd. Said they ran out of water, food, everything. Took over three hours just to get to a parking spot.
The VT/Tenn game at Bristol? we had no parking problems at all.

Side note of no interest: my daughters grade school teacher has a flag up in her class and is a proud Beaver. And hawt.

No, she wouldn't let me take pictures, no matter how artistically creative I promised to make them.
Sadly disappointed...

I have always wondered what a proud beaver looks like. and now I think I will never know..

There was that girl, Kendra Sunderland maybe was her name, who proudly did a nudy web cam from the OSU library.

maxresdefault.jpg

welcome.

exercising a finely groomed beaver is always a good time. counting the glove, i now have had contact (no, not exercise on beav contact, just verbal discourse, not the other 'course) with exactly 2 beaver grads. the other one can't shut up about gary payton either. it is always "gary payton said this and gary payton said that and i saw him again at this event, etc. etc. etc."

i have never been to corvallis but i believe there are birds to be slain in that general area so i will probably try to combine hobbies at some point.

Its been a long time since I've had a good job. And looking for a better job would end the marriage. But if this is about gums versus teeth, then I can imagine you may have a point. Think eating utensils. Fork > chopsticks.

Why do Oklahoma State and Oregon State and Ohio State all use OSU? Well, I guess tOSU is a differentiator. Our last re-branding brought about an attempt at using OS as a logo/differentiator. Some like it, some hated it. Then Nike (again) struck and we are back to block OSU.

But the Pokes and the Beavs are both Orange and Black. Great minds think alike. Although our only official color is Orange.

Is it okay to call OSU "Oregon Lite"? Not in my book, or any other Beavers. OSU is the eldest university in the state and is the leader, far and away, in research. UO is mainly a liberal arts school. UO tries to claim "flagship" status but that's just them being them.

Also, seriously, who brings a Blount to Boulder? If there is one thing you can readily find in Boulder, it's a Blount. Recreational weed is legal in Oregon (and Washington too for that matter).

no - they don't look the same and I thought I read somewhere that the girl in the video is, well, a video girl.

Do some more research, take a nap, eat a turkey sandwich, maybe do a little more research, and when you've exhausted your interest in this subject, report back. Did she drop out or did she never enroll at OSU (the Oregon one) at all?

My reading comprehension may be off, but I could swear that link says Orange, black and white are the official primary colors. (Just like the other OSU) Plus bronze.

As to the letters, maybe scrambling up an OUS or UOS or SOU aren't the only options.

You know how Ohio State sneaks in the word "The"? This construct has evolved where tOSU means the Buckeyes.

Maybe aOSU would help, as in "an Oregon State University".

OSU-PTZ is pretty clear. That's for an OSU in the Pacific Time Zone.

OSU-OR for an OSU that is in Oregon.
OrSU is better yet.

If we keep working this issue, this confusion over letters can eventually get sorted out.

Last edited by a moderator:
My reading comprehension may be off, but I could swear that link says Orange, black and white are the official primary colors. (Just like the other OSU) Plus bronze.

From oregonstate.edu:
Team colors
Orange and black became the official school colors in the mid-1880s. Until then, Oregon State, known then as Corvallis College, was represented by navy blue. A faculty committee appointed by President John Bloss voted to replace blue with orange, Pantone 165 orange to be specific.

So...Orange is the only official color. Black is not a color but all colors together and white is the absence of color.

The link from the the Nike re-brand is for athletics and they use the orange, black, white with bronze as a very limited accent.

As far as the acronyms go...

Oregon State University: founded 1868
Ohio State University: founded 1870
Oklahomo State University: founded 1890

So Oregon State is the REAL OSU. The others are johnny-come-latlys.

HTH.

Back