What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Ask a Beaver - Random thoughts from your newest member...

Welcome! Question for you. Why does a beaver need a chainsaw? I mean, it's the one animal that wouldn't need a chainsaw, right? Its whole thing is cutting wood with its teeth.

Bx08XAJCMAAyC-E.jpg
Really need to ask that ?
IMG_3076.JPG

When was the last time you had a Dutch Bros. coffee, and in which town did you purchase it?

Also, mods, can we change the name of this thread to "ask a Beaver"? I have a lot of questions for this guy.
We have Dutch Bros in Phoenix

*delete*

Mother ****er, attaching a pic from an iPad is always impossible for me .

Pound the pelt into submission, Go Buffs

Despite getting revenge last year, 2014 still stings.

We also shouldn't be trailing the series against these guys. It'd be like trailing K-State. This is the type of opponent we need to be leading about 40-10 in the overall series in a few decades time. The sooner we remedy that, that better.

If you were better at this you'd know that the lesser OSU's didn't start out as OSUs either.

If you were better at this, you'd recognize that facts are stubbornly inconvenient to your world-view.

Naming history - when OSU became OSU:
The Ohio State University - 1878
Oregon State University - 1961
Oklahoma State University - 1980

Establishment Date/Name:
Corvallis Academy - 1856
Ohio Agricultural & Mechanical College - 1862
Oklahoma Territorial Agricultural & Mechanical College - 1890

Name chronology:
1856 - Corvallis Academy
1858 - Corvallis College
1868 - Corvallis State Agricultural College
1870 - Ohio Agricultural and Mechanical College
1876 - University of Colorado
1876 - State Agricultural College [Oregon]
1878 - The Ohio State University
1881 - Corvallis State Agricultural College
1882 - Oregon State Agricultural College
1886 - State Agricultural College of Oregon
1890 - Oregon Agricultural College
1890 - Oklahoma Territorial Agricultural and Mechanical College
1907 - Oklahoma Agricultural and Mechanical College
1927 - Oregon State Agricultural College
1937 - Oregon State College
1957 - Oklahoma State University of Agricultural and Applied Sciences
1961 - Oregon State University
1980 - Oklahoma State University

Last edited by a moderator:
By the way, I hope Glove sticks around long after Saturday's game.
^^^This^^^
Since the Walrus apparently kidnapped Flukes, Canadian Duck is mostly on hiatus, and I have Devildog on ignore, we have precious few visiting fans who are amusing. I second the motion to enslave Glove to be our West Coast reporter.

^^^This^^^
Since the Walrus apparently kidnapped Flukes, Canadian Duck is mostly on hiatus, and I have Devildog on ignore, we have precious few visiting fans who are amusing. I second the motion to enslave Glove to be our West Coast reporter.
What team did Wally root for?

Flukes needs to come back. Drunken bears are hard to come by.

Especially if you don't speak Russian.

Seems to be an old Big 8 thing...OU, NU, CU ...

It's actually an older, general midwestern-ish thing- University of Tulsa (TU), University of Denver (DU), but it is certainly best on display with the old Big 8 schools.

The other question- isn't the plural of buffalo just buffalo? A herd of buffalo? If the plural adds an s, does it really need the e, i.e., buffalos?
Aren't they really bison?

From the outside, we must look pretty strange.

I wonder if the nubs get these same questions.

MU seems to have dropped that completely and just goes by Mizzou anymore.

It's actually an older, general midwestern-ish thing- University of Tulsa (TU), University of Denver (DU), but it is certainly best on display with the old Big 8 schools.

The other question- isn't the plural of buffalo just buffalo? A herd of buffalo? If the plural adds an s, does it really need the e, i.e., buffalos?
Aren't they really bison?

Yes, and to sound more important, we pronounce it bee-sone, with a very soft 'n'

The other question- isn't the plural of buffalo just buffalo? A herd of buffalo? If the plural adds an s, does it really need the e, i.e., buffalos? Aren't they really bison?

This drives my elementary school teacher wife absolutely nuts.

So.... If a beaver beats up little sister, who's hand sign is also a beaver, are they engaged or fighting over the family trailer?

Back