What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Ask a Beaver - Random thoughts from your newest member...

Ok so I have a question for our guest of the week - A couple of years ago myself and the spouse took a trip to southwestern Oregon to hike and kayak. We went down to Shore Acres State park to hike down to Cape Arago. While we were there I spotted this.......uh.......thing. It had Oregon tags.

IMG_0014.jpeg

So my question is, if I came to Oregon for an away game would I be more likely to see this again at a tailgate in Eugene or Corvallis?

Oh and one more thing.......this wouldn't happen to belong to you would it? It if does, I have to say, the hand drawn Manticore by the side door is shall we say, interesting.

Last edited:
Ok so I have a question for our guest of the week - A couple of years ago myself and the spouse took a trip to southwestern Oregon to hike and kayak. We went down to Shore Acres State park to hike down to Cape Arago. While we were there I spotted this.......uh.......thing. It had Oregon tags.

View attachment 20788

So my question is, if I came to Oregon for an away game would I be more likely to see this again at a tailgate in Eugene or Corvallis?

Oh and one more thing.......this wouldn't happen to belong to you would it? It if does, I have to say, the hand drawn Manticore by the side door is shall we say, interesting.
That piece of art/engineering would more likely be seen in Eugene, but not a tailgater. The Oregon Country Fair. You can use your google.

My favorite Buff:

carruth.jpg

Rae was a good citizen while at CU and a hell of a player. Tragic what happened after.

I've never heard someone try to defend his actions (we're probably harder on him than most). I've been happy to see that former Buff players have stepped up Shoulder to Shoulder and are taking care of his son. Kudos to Jon Embree, especially.

Heh. DU and Mines.

Hehheheheheheheheh.

One is private, the other is an engineering only school. I like the effort, though.

Sort of surprised CC isn't in that list somewhere. That's another good school. And what about the Air Force Academy? That's probably better than CU also. Hell, we are maybe fifth in the state.

So what's the Oregon counterpart to the Air Force Academy?

Heh. DU and Mines.

Hehheheheheheheheh.

One is private, the other is an engineering only school. I like the effort, though.

Sort of surprised CC isn't in that list somewhere. That's another good school. And what about the Air Force Academy? That's probably better than CU also. Hell, we are maybe fifth in the state.

So what's the Oregon counterpart to the Air Force Academy?

just filtered for national universities. you can filter all colleges and UC(?!) is 8th in the state of CO.

I don't abide by these rankings, fyi. they are mainly ****.

and the only counterpart to the AFA would be West Point and UNA. but you already knew that.

just filtered for national universities. you can filter all colleges and UC(?!) is 8th in the state of CO.

I don't abide by these rankings, fyi. they are mainly ****.

and the only counterpart to the AFA would be West Point and UNA. but you already knew that.
DU is questionable. CC, Air Force and Mines are all great schools. CU at 8th is laughable. Fourth at worst, probably closer to third behind Air Force and Mines.
In terms of large public universities, it's CU well out in front, with CSU and UNC battling it out for second. CSU gets the edge there because of their vet school and research dollars.

Back