1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Assistant Coach Opening

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by GoldenBuff, Jan 18, 2010.

1. GoldenBuff

GoldenBuff Club Member Club Member

When I was looking to see if the DB/WR coach position was posted on the CU jobs site, I discovered an opening titled "Assistant Men's Basketball Coach." They are looking for someone with:

- At least one year summer camp/league experience
    - Public speaking background
    - Basketball coaching experience at the Division I level

Do you guys have any idea if they might have someone in mind already for this spot? If not, who would you like to see fill it? Discuss...

2. Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle Club Member Club Member

Jamal Mosley.

3. KingPants

KingPants Club Member Club Member

That is a good call on many levels. He played here, coaches in the NBA and was a nasty worker inside. He might be able to get our bigs to do some actual rebounding. But at this point, that has to almost be a step backwards for him.

4. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Really depends on what position is open at CU. Jamahl is assisting the assistants with the Nugs.

Below is his Nugs bio. Another thing that popped out at me is that he played in Australia for a couple year. That would definitely help him relate to Shane and Nate. Plus, he did play at CU for 4 years, so he probably has his degree.

Great call, valdez!

Former local college standout Jamahl Mosley begins his third season with Nuggets and second as assistant coach/player development. In his role, Mosley assists fellow assistant coaches Tim Grgurich and John Welch with developing the skills and fundamentals of Nuggets players.

Mosley was a four-year letterman at the University of Colorado from 1997-01. Following his collegiate career, he played two years in Australia for the Victoria Titans, one year in Spain with Baloncesto Leon and one year in Korea.

Mosley, 28, is single and resides in Denver.

5. Scotch

Scotch Registered User Club Member Junta Member

Still one of my all-time favorite Buffs.

6. Sexton Hardcastle

Yeah. Probably not going to happen, but it would be nice.

7. Sexton Hardcastle

How about Leroy Smith?
    [video=youtube;koGD6XnAsNs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koGD6XnAsNs[/video]

8. KingPants

KingPants Club Member Club Member

He dominated in Australia the year I lived there. He was the leading scorer in the league, I think, at like 32 a game. The NBDL highlights were pretty funny, he would just dunk over everyone all of the time.

9. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

Ever since he began working with the Nuggets I've been hoping he could gain some experience and then re-join the Buffs. Thing is, what is the pay differential between an assistant with the Nuggets and the Buffs? The other, is, what are his aspirations?